• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Uhhh, prepper vehicle? Prepper for what? where are you going? Why? Where will you get more fuel? The roads will be a parking lot and all vehicles will be mobile shopping carts for raiders and snipers.....

top photo is a major road out of Florida , days before a hurricane.

Bottom photo, a line for gas ( that isn't there).

Attachments

• A08NJ4MCAR5CTW8CAOJFH36CA1FAWV5CA73DHKKCA0SWVQMCAZYWCHYCA61GUVRCAMYCJ9GCA3A9DVXCA2ATZGLCA7153G9C.jpg
      A08NJ4MCAR5CTW8CAOJFH36CA1FAWV5CA73DHKKCA0SWVQMCAZYWCHYCA61GUVRCAMYCJ9GCA3A9DVXCA2ATZGLCA7153G9C.jpg
      6.7 KB · Views: 436
    • 188658.jpg
      188658.jpg
      43.6 KB · Views: 528

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah a tractor that would run on used motor oil would be more practical...a vehicle will be needed to get you there but after that will be a dry storage container. The one in the OP without armor will be a target...lol

Robbie2883

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    here's my input. take it for what you will. coming from the standpoint of spending most of my life working on and modifying vehicles i would NOT go for anything more than very minor modifications in any way when it comes to suspension and drive train. i also would not be afraid of computers in the least. the key is to find a COMMON vehicle so if something fails there will be parts ANYWHERE you go. i.e. i would pick a GM vehicle with a ls or lt block in it. the vehicles that gm did and still does make with this same exact base block in it span decades. heads, cams, wiring, accessories,computers, etc almost all swap over! name one town you've been to that you couldn't find at least 20 gm vehicles with a v8 in them? when you're talking long term survivor scenario I can't help but think of a Chevy for the simple fact that i could fix it just about anywhere.

ted-hurst

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Her you go, you'd be limited to hardened surfaces but it'll run over quite a few zombies.

brink-armored-car4.jpg

Attachments

• brink-armored-car4.jpg
      brink-armored-car4.jpg
      16.2 KB · Views: 399

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know where you would ever find one but a old early 60's Dodge Power Wagon might work. Won't run on used motor oil though. They were tough. Had crew cabs the ones for air police . They were 4 wheel drive,and went all over South Dakota boondocks to the missle sites..Take the bed off and build anything you wanted back there. But then they are Dodge

BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My vehicle should burn almost anything I want it to 12 valve cummins, sitting in my yard

image-2627446615.jpg

Attachments

• image-2627446615.jpg
      image-2627446615.jpg
      23.6 KB · Views: 402

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's the 2 mpg that I could not handle. Tire change time would mean a second mortgage.

Those tires really aren't too bad. Even the Michelin XL's can be found for around $200 each. They're actually less each than the tires on my Jeep. The problem is you need a lot of them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OC's Towing in Crestview has a M35 duece for sale for like $2K. They have it on Craigslist too I think.

My wife would kill me if I bought it, but still....

I have had two M1009 and looking for another. Might just go with a K5, Tahoe, or Suburban instead.

A lieutenant at my department has a all tan M1009 he is selling for around $3K.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would want something in a GM body like the Suburban I have but with a good Diesel engine in it . The guy who was talking about running out of gas had a point. But with a diesel in it you can run old cooking oil, mineral oil, motor oil and some other things as well. You could find fuel for it and after you get where your going use it for a generator or water pump or whatever.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I want to know where everyone is planning to go... When things go bad -- it will be bad everywhere. The place I wouldn't want to be is larger metropolitan areas like Atlanta with plenty of savages in residence used to government handouts. When they dry up the riots will begin. Garcon Point looks like paradise compared to that! I've got enough land for a large garden and some chickens, a running water source (creek), and a fresh water well. Seafood can be obtained within walking distance (the bay). What I need to do is invest in solar or wind power to supplement my LP gas and gasoline generator capability. I've got the weapons and ammo covered -- non-perishable food is on the current "buy" list. Anyone have a source for claymore mines?? :wink:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When it gets serious enough to pull the trigger, there will be no warning shots fired from here. The warning was the no trespassing sign 400 feet up the driveway.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    GM made a ton of diesel Suburbans and a very few full size Blazers with diesels. Most are worn out and rusted out but that would be a good choice.

Top Bottom