• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't heard of any issues, the forum has a built in " reputation system " under each post you can add too or detract from a person's reputation. This could be of use for what you guys are mentioning.

Nailed it Ian,I tottaly forget about that function...There you go guys!

"Moving guns around" is not illegal. Anyone can buy,sell,and trade at will as long as you are not engaging in the buisness for proffit alone and tring to better your own collection.

With that being stated, I am not concerned as many are about the ATF or Big brother if you will.Itry to comply with the laws the best I can and am more concerned about theives and criminals,as we are a public entity on the web,anyone and everyone can see anything and everything you post. You will never see any pictures of my safe or collection posted online.I see that as more of an invitation for me to be seperated from my guns than anything else.

I do understand the thought process behind your perspective,but any bans or other firearms laws being changed would take months,getting tons of media coverage. From then on you have time to "liquidate your assets". Or if that is that big of a concern,always buy FTF,then you are not on the radar,and are still legally a sound owner of your guns. Think it out..

Last edited:

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not sure how well it would function. I pointed out a Federal law, and everyone, except one guy, said the law doesn't exist. Even though I showed a link to the ATF website. I had several people telling me how rotten I am because of that. So I guess me, and the entire federal government, would get a bad rating because all those people, but one, thought I was buying guns illegally.

Ken232

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I belong to a watch sale site and we leave feedback so maybe a feedback forum for buyers/sellers that way people can look for a certain nick and see what experiences people have had with that person...jmho

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have seen that before,where you post a feedback thread post transaction.You can use the search function in the forum to search membernames and see their previous dealings.I like what Ian suggested personally,the function is in place already,and all you have to do is look at a members profile for all the info you need

Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Original Poster has a valid point and topic.

There are members of this site I would not buy a firearm from......or sell a firearm to.

But I think it is everywhere that you need to know who you are dealing with.

There is my .02.

Last edited:

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My 2cents really don't count for much, but if you don't know what you are buying, or too stupid to figure out if it is a deal or not, maybe you shouldn't own a firearm anyway. Everyone has good deals and bad deals, it is life. If you want to be safe go to a dealer and buy a new gun, most of the sellers are close to retail anyway.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My 2cents really don't count for much, but if you don't know what you are buying, or too stupid to figure out if it is a deal or not, maybe you shouldn't own a firearm anyway. Everyone has good deals and bad deals, it is life. If you want to be safe go to a dealer and buy a new gun, most of the sellers are close to retail anyway.

^^Wow what a ass.^^

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been a member of another site for 8 years that is set up basically like this one but subject is RC models. We have a trader rating system where you do a deal, you give positive, negative or neutral ratings to each other and add a small comment. Works like a charm on there but I don't think it's necessary here. Reason I say that is on the RC site we're dealing all over the USA, Canada, UK, an Far East and 95% of the deals are items bought sight unseen and you have to rely on someone's reputation. Any dealings on here, at least for complete firearms are going to be FTF. Maybe not as harshly thought but I agree with TraderDan. If you are buying a firearm you are gonna do it in person, you can inspect the item and then make your own judgement call, or at least bring a buddy that knows what to look for. Once the deal is done you own it. Plus, there isn't going to be any PayPal disputes, or fraudulent money order scams going down. If you get a NSF check you can either deal with it locally or let the banking dudes go after the person.

I think it would be appropriate to leave a comment when a firearm is sold. Maybe a "nice to have met you, thanks for the deal" thing.

Say you went to meet a buyer or seller, a newbie on here, and they turned out to be squirrely, suspect or possibly projected an air of instability (does that sound right Clay? LOL). Not sure how you could let other members know. First off, that is a judgement call and I tend to err on the very safe side. I might very well meet someone that I judged to be a dumbass, gangsta type, a train wreck waiting to happen or whatever and be wrong. I've done that before..............not often but it has happened. It wouldn't be fair to throw that out in public and may possibly lead to worse problems like getting your butt sued.

BTW, I think you really should mark the item sold after a deal is done. That's a irritating thing, to find something and inquire, only to find out it was sold months ago.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Preferred list sounds like the people who know each other on a first name basis and probably know each others phone number and could just sell/trade between themselves, aka gcgf underground, without having to put things out on a public forum for all to read. All is also referring to some that you may not want to know what you are doing with personal items you own which 1/2 the population(and this Fed Govt) thinks you should not be able to own.

Can this be moved to the Gen Discussion, as its in the way( and staying on the first page) of my potential warm & fuzzy gun buying experience.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Garbo, one quick question. If you posted here an item for sale at a certain price and a member posted that he would take it at that price,how would you handle the fact that you would refuse to sell it to him if he is indeed a "legal" buyer ?? ADMIN. should be giving this some serious thought also.

I am not against you doing what you feel is right. Just wondering what the proper way to accomplish this is. --- SAWMAN

Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pretty Simple. Just not make the sell and keep the firearm or wait for a later opportunity to trade or sell it. I have done this a couple of times with no issues.

As a responsible gun owner as well as All Gun Owner's should be concerned about the person they are considering trading a firearm with....Both Ways.

If a Gun Owner has no concern about the people that they are trading firearms with.....they do damage to the Responsible Gun Owners in our Country.

Whether you agree or not, Owning a Gun does have Responsibilities.

Last edited:

Andros Jim

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think more positive experiences, then negative is more important. If you made a good deal let everyone know. After a wile we will see the same names coming up as GOOD DEALS.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why not just enable a rating system like http://www.archerytalk.com has. When you go to a user profile on Archery Talk you can rate them based on a buy or sell thread started by that user. It's a very good system and keeps everyone honest. My 2 cents.

As previously stated,the need just is not there to add any additional measures.We (to my knowledge) have never had one single instance where someone has been "scammed" or the proverbial "bad deal"'.One of the bennifits of our hobby is the requirement for face to face transactions,this cuts out alot of the problems you see on other forums.With shipping out of the question,at any givin momment either party can simply walk away from a deal that they deem unbennificial or irresponsible.With that said we take great pride in the members here,especially with regards to honesty and integrity on the trade boards.

Ian pointed out the feature thats (I must honestly admit overlooking) availible for us with regards to this.The little star beneith every post you have the option to add to each individual users reputation,you have the ability to either look under the members username at the green bars,or dig deeper and read actuall statements placed in their profile.If everyone was to use it as intended,then there is your system.

kaferhaus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've done business with at least a dozen guys on this and the PFF boards...of course many are one and the same. A few guys I've had several dealings with. Garbo, Chaos, Jesse, Fowlhunter, Duckhunter just to name a few.

Every deal has been smooth as silk and some friendships have been made in the process. I've also had a couple "no shows, no calls" which also really pissed me off because it was just rude... but funny those fellas have long disappeared from the boards without me ever "outing" them publicly.

I've done business with a few guys just so we get a chance to get together and chat again... I certainly don't "need" any more guns..... and neither do any of the guys I named above.... but they're good folks that I enjoy being around, deals or not.

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The list already exists, i just read all your threads....We use this and other tools as a way to enjoy our sport, we talk, learn, trade, buy, sell to enhance our knowlegde of what we love. Oh yeah, and some dam nice people are brought together as friends.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    As previously stated,the need just is not there to add any additional measures.We (to my knowledge) have never had one single instance where someone has been "scammed" or the proverbial "bad deal"'.One of the bennifits of our hobby is the requirement for face to face transactions,this cuts out alot of the problems you see on other forums.With shipping out of the question,at any givin momment either party can simply walk away from a deal that they deem unbennificial or irresponsible.With that said we take great pride in the members here,especially with regards to honesty and integrity on the trade boards.

Ian pointed out the feature thats (I must honestly admit overlooking) availible for us with regards to this.The little star beneith every post you have the option to add to each individual users reputation,you have the ability to either look under the members username at the green bars,or dig deeper and read actuall statements placed in their profile.If everyone was to use it as intended,then there is your system.

Well put! I was just suggestion something that might make some others more comfortable but your points make great sense. I also didn't know about the Star system, that itself could prove very useful in deciding whether or not to deal with somebody.

Top Bottom