• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks again. I DO believe in the power of prayer and that He had an all powerful hand in getting momma through this.

Heading back today after taking care of some business.

What an amazing group of friends! You guys and your well wishes and prayers, other friends, neighbors. For example, I was worried about our garden and the new plants we put down for landscaping. Momma really enjoys of all of it and was excited about the future harvest. I figured everything would be wilted when I got back. I want everything perfect when she gets home so that it'll be cheery for her. To my surprise I pull into the driveway to find all of my garden hoses have been moved around and every plant looking 100% healthy! Come to find out my good friend and neighbor Wayne (Dragonslayer's dad) has been stopping by to water them and check on the house. To add to it he tells me another friend Pat, who lives in Magnolia Springs, has been detouring down my road on the way home from work to check things out. Those two arrived at the same time one day and "interrogated" each other since they'd never met. They got suspicious of strange trucks in the yard. Almost had a Mexican standoff in the driveway. LOL I also learned that my NDNs had heard what was going on so they've been eyeballing the place too. Talk about watching my back!!! I'll never be able to express how grateful I am to all of you.:high5:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sean, the Power of God and Prayer in our lives is enormous as you well know it can heal and make things better! Good friends and neighbors you have there.

MsChief

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh my goodness! I just saw this thread and have already begun praying for a speedy and full recovery. I don't even know you and your wife in 'real' life, but I consider y'all friends and am here if you need anything! Even if it is to cook, clean, anything...just let me know!

On a side note, happy Father's Day to you :)

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BTW - my Avatar is a picture of (then) Lt Col Jimmy Dolittle affixing a friendship medal he received from the Japanese sometime during the 20's or 30's to a 500 lb bomb, onboard the USS Hornet. He (Col Dolittle) thought that since Japan and the US were at war, the Japanese would probably want the medal returned. He was pleased to be able to return it to them via a special airmail delivery to the City of Tokyo.

On a side note while Col Doolittle pinned medals to a 500 lb bomb his plane carried only incendiary clusters, to mark the targets for the following B-25Bs.

There are only 3 surviving Tokyo Raiders left.

Rick

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh my goodness! I just saw this thread and have already begun praying for a speedy and full recovery. I don't even know you and your wife in 'real' life, but I consider y'all friends and am here if you need anything! Even if it is to cook, clean, anything...just let me know!

On a side note, happy Father's Day to you :)

Thank you for the prayers Ms. C! Yeah, its kind of funny in a way how this forum stuff works. I think it might be an advantage to get at least a basic sense of someone on line before meeting them in person. I have several close friends that chatted, discussed and cussed with and at for years before finally meeting them in person. No surprises once we were face to face. Hossfly72 is one of them. I had him pegged for a crazy bastard and shonuff, he is. ( I mean that in a good way and lotsa love Hossman!) Probably would have never met Rick if it hadn't been for something he was selling on another forum. Ian and Nate same way (they're such SWEET boys!. From my wife LOL). Johnal is just as awesome as I had him pictured. Sawman. Flyandscuba, all of the guys Ive met through here are first rate folks! Havent met Stanley yet, kinda scared. Just kidding, we have a mutual friend and he says your one of the good ones.I have no doubt that when we finally meet it'll be good.

Yep, tell Sir Ben Happy FD and the same to all the daddies on here!

Man, I guess I'm still too old to learn typing on this tiny keypad.

Momma is doing .well. Just left the hospital for the night. Still talking a little trash as is expected but looks healthy, finally eating and is much more alert. All the Drs say she should be AOK but its gonna be a few weeks. Today I mentioned the forum and she wants to apologize for yet another setback on the fish fry. I take that as a good sign.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fantastic news !!!! Great to hear she's doing better. She'll be up popping cans with that .22 in no time.

Rick

Yep,.when she finally was coherent enough to understand that she's in a hospital in NO the asked if I was carrying. When I told "Of course! Every second" she said "Good!" Then went back to sleep.LOL

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Figured I would update her status:

The Drs say all of her numbers are coming down and the repaired vessel appears 100%. She's spending more time in reality and less in LaLa land every day. She's never been even the slightest bit "bitchy" in her whole life but she's now getting a little ornery cuz she wants to go home! I take that as a good sign.

Funny story that Dr. Meade should appreciate: Her first and middle name is Joyce Janene but she has never answered to Joyce, she's always been Janene. The doctors and nurses ask her for details about every hour, name, date, birth date, where she is, etc. Apparently this one particular doctor has been asking her name every day and when she says "Janene" he marks it down as a problem. Day before yesterday I happened to be standing next to the bed when he walked in and started questioning her as a couple of interns observed. When she responded "Janene" he turned to his students and voiced his concern over her "confusion". I politely interrupted and explained the situation. The doctor stopped in his tracks, asked me to repeat everything, then got a look of consternation on his face. He wlked over to the dry eraser board where they do daily updates for the patient's benefit and wrote in huge letters "Patient answers to Janene NOT Joyce!!!". He then shook his head and left the room.:frusty:

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sean, you can rest assured that some interns got "educated" about clarifying such things! The attending never appreciates having inadequate information, or being made to look foolish!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sean, you can rest assured that some interns got "educated" about clarifying such things! The attending never appreciates having inadequate information, or being made to look foolish!

That's what I was told by a nurse friend here in town. I certainly didn't think the doctor looked foolish. Every piece of paperwork, chart, digital file and monitor I've seen says "Joyce" on it. I'm in the room almost constantly but I tend to scatter when the staff comes in so I don't add to their work load. Guess I should have been paying more attention to that stuff but I get the hell out of the way when the pros come in. None of her kids caught it either.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sean, I continue to pray for your wife, you and your family. Also praying for the Drs and caregivers attending to her. God is always with us and will provide the perfect healing that only He can give.
    Blessings to all of you; may God comfort your wife and you this very minute!

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Never met you Sean, but by reading this thread I can tell you have a special lady to take care of. And you are a good guy for doing just that.
    Prayers sent for your wife and you, as my wife and I just prayed. PM me if I can do anything for you guys.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Once again, thank you one and all! When this is over and things get back to normal I want you all know it works both ways. Anyone on here needing anything I can do NEVER hesitate to ask.

Another update, things are starting to move faster. The Drs did another complete round of testing including MRI and EKG (I think, please correct Dr. Meade if I got that wrong) and decided her drain tube will be removed this evening. Looks like if all stays on track momma can come home next week. She'll of course have some therapy and for sure a month or so of taking it easy but she's expected to recover completely and be back a work probably NLT August. I mention the goal of her going back to work NOT because it matters to me but she absolutely loves her job and the people she is around. Her first day back at work is going to mean the world to her.

Top Bottom