• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, I saw some ads on FGT this week for a couple of stupid low prices on a couple of guns. Text the guy about gun and long story short he would only ship , no FTF though he is in Navarre, told him I would meet him at a local FFL, no deal, ship only. Saw another gun there for super cheap, same story , different seller but same area with names like jim44 and rob 435, same deal , no FTF, ship only, never got to the point of talking $$, both parties stopped responding when I said i was local and wanted to meet for transaction. Just seemed a little fishy.

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Yes , the SCAR and others listed for the prices raised a red flag with me as well . I never contacted them , figuring it was as you just said . Thanks for sharing .

noleveyor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had one go so far as to send me a picture of a drivers license (someone else's im sure) trying to convince me to send a "layaway payment.."

socalpig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I also noticed some of those, “Too good to be true” ads. Did some digging and after running a few of the numbers and info associated, determined they’re scamming. It’s your typical Nigerian scam, being run through an intermediary in the states. The individual gets a kick down from the primary’s account for being the local poc and running the script.

Gljazz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Someone on here pointed out the red “crosshairs” next to the location shows where it was posted from. It’s not perfect, but gives a general idea.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Get the money order mailing address and tell them you'll mailed it but don't snd anything. Hours to a day later, send another msg the payment was sent and they need to confirm reciept the ship goods. They will of course say they didn't get it. You hold your position and demand the goods. If the scammer has a U.S. third party collecting and cashing payments: it will blow up that "trust".

The crap thing about these scams is the honest sale get ignored too!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If there is any amount of money involved, also be cautious about and when you meet someone for a face to face sale.

flipparker

Student of Life
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    95% of the ads on FGT are scams. The red crosshair is a good tell but the scammers there don't even really try. They make it super easy to call them on the scams as they absolutely refuse to do business outside of mailing your firearm whether you are local to them or not. It is ridiculous.

dreamchaser69

Magic Maker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ive got ads there, sold some stuff, traded some stuff - some ads are good to go - but the trigger is the "STUPID LOW PRICE" - IE Giselle for $520 (plus the prices are weirdly set) and user names are short and usually end in "11" - I did the same thing - message on one, told the guy I would give the cash to the FFL, and when the gun showed up - he would forward the cash to him - never heard back.... :cool:

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    they have got some new " sweet" deal scams posted again. Most seem to be "located" in gulf breeze. I hope people are smart enough to see through this crap. Once again I tried to contact these guys and will only do FFL, doesn't that make it a federal crime?

Top Bottom