• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • called&chosen

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Really not trying to spend 25 dollars a piece on glock factory mags. I've seen a lot of 5 star reviews on the pmags for the 17 at 12 has anyone had any use with these and could weigh their opinion for me? I would appreciate it. I only ask because I had 2 aftermarket mags fail at the range yesterday and threw them away.

F4E Phantom

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    I have one, it’s been 100%. Feels thinner/weaker than OEM. Avoid Armend(?) and ETS clear plastic. As for the Korean ones, when they were new I had hiccups.
    Now that they have been loaded a few times they run okay. Good luck

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have several of the magpul 17 rounders, though running them in a G19 clone (dagger) and haven’t had any issues. They’re like 11 or 12 bucks each. They seem well built. Have quite a few more of the 15 rounders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

feverdog69

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Really not trying to spend 25 dollars a piece on glock factory mags. I've seen a lot of 5 star reviews on the pmags for the 17 at 12 has anyone had any use with these and could weigh their opinion for me? I would appreciate it. I only ask because I had 2 aftermarket mags fail at the range yesterday and threw them away.
    I run them almost exclusively at the range on several different guns (Glock, Daggers, Clones). Absolutely zero issues. Definitely recommend them.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have run the G-17 Magpuls in my Ruger PC-9 with zero problems. I have run it in my Glock 35 with a 9mm Lone Wolf bbl and I had few stove pipes but I believe that was likely to no swapping recoil spring assemblies and not a magazine issue.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    As far as range use, absolutely use and recommend the Pmags. For my carry gun? OEM Glock mags are all I've used for decades now.

Outsidethevox

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If they’re topped off, it can be a b to load them manually, until they’re broken in. Otherwise they are good.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    For what it's worth, I don't have range mags for my handguns. I use the same mag across the board and I know it's reliable.
    Never had to test that theory and don't want to, but I'm comfortable with spending money on OEM mags.
    Ar15 is one exception to use pmags. My opinion of course.

Last edited:

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I've used the magpul mags and some of the euro "mil/le" mags you can find on some sites with minimal issues. For example ran them through a high round le instructor class without issues. Now my buddy had issues but he also has a tuned rig and was using lower power ammo so

Pierre

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    MacGar, Magpul and factory Glock mags...for me the only way to go...tried some others had the bottoms come apart. I don't think MacGar makes Glock mags at this time.

Top Bottom