• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't think my guns are that clean when they're new! Looking good Sir!

Thanks. If you look closely, you can see the powder residue inside the tube, on the muzzle device and around the vents near the gas block. I forgot to wipe those down before I took the picture. Took this picture in addition to other "normal photos" last night to try and sway my uncle into buying it.

I got the new grips for my 1911 installed Monday night, but I haven't had time to take pictures yet. They're super sharp!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks. If you look closely, you can see the powder residue inside the tube, on the muzzle device and around the vents near the gas block. I forgot to wipe those down before I took the picture. Took this picture in addition to other "normal photos" last night to try and sway my uncle into buying it.

I got the new grips for my 1911 installed Monday night, but I haven't had time to take pictures yet. They're super sharp!

My screen isn't high enough res to see it :D.

I got a barrel that doesn't look like it was rifled with a die grinder last night and put that pistol together...

photo 1 (4).jpg

photo 2 (6).jpg

We ended up with a 1/9 7.5" barrel, so keyholes here we come!

Attachments

• photo 1 (4).jpg
      photo 1 (4).jpg
      143.9 KB · Views: 355
    • photo 2 (6).jpg
      photo 2 (6).jpg
      122.9 KB · Views: 347

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My screen isn't high enough res to see it :D.

I got a barrel that doesn't look like it was rifled with a die grinder last night and put that pistol together...

View attachment 15142

View attachment 15143

We ended up with a 1/9 7.5" barrel, so keyholes here we come!

I bet your buddy is happy. If mine is loud with the linear compensator, I can't imagine how loud that birdcage is gonna be.

You might not get keyholes. I didn't with factory ammo. I'm thinking it was those light(ish) loads with cheap FMJ's. I bet it won't keyhole with better bullets and a faster load.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bet your buddy is happy. If mine is loud with the linear compensator, I can't imagine how loud that birdcage is gonna be.

You might not get keyholes. I didn't with factory ammo. I'm thinking it was those light(ish) loads with cheap FMJ's. I bet it won't keyhole with better bullets and a faster load.

Oh, I didn't realize you weren't shooting factory ammo... We shall see, I think that all he has gotten his hands on is some herters 55 GR steel case. The boom is half of the fun, you should hear Clay's Draco, that thing is insane!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The ebay ad says white cocobolo. I believe that Fusion Firearms made and/or sold them.

Very very nice, almost looks fossilized or something cool like that. Did you try the new mags yet? Nevermind , it's only been a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spikes Tactical Upper and Lower, Flaming Pig, Magpul flip ups and some other goodies....

Attachments

• IMG_20140125_163848_069.jpg
      IMG_20140125_163848_069.jpg
      104.4 KB · Views: 346

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A little before and after pic.

I bought a Range Officer from Transm79 last week and it wasn't exactly my cup of tea with the zombie green panels and highlights which I knew was no big deal. IMO the Range Officer is a great bargain 1911 that only needs a few tweaks to make it a great SD gun. I'm a lefty so I fitted an Ed Brown Ambi-safety, replace the Bomar type rear sight with a John Harrison rear sight made for the LPA sight cut and then replaced the really rough texture zombie green G10 panels with some VZ ETC Frags in black cherry.

Before:

After:

oldwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fine handguns in this thread!

Here is a fun gun for me, a S&W 3rd model singleshot, 22lr, made around 1919. My kids and grandkids enjoy shooying it also.

Attachments

• swtarget2.jpg
      swtarget2.jpg
      61.9 KB · Views: 282

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My CCO is a Sig Traditional Compact Stainless. Not sure how much I will really carry it but I can't seem to part with it ether. LOL This size 1911 feels great in my hand. I will be buying another CCO in aluminum one day.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom