• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not sure if this has been discussed, but pigfarm may be closing down due to losing it's road access because of some drama/disputes brought on by a new business purchasing the land around it. It's a shame because it is certainly my favorite range to go to.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m so sick of sprawl. I cut thru Barrineau Park last week.

In my youth Bromley Road turned to dirt and the road to Fort Morgan was sea shells.

I’m 56. It’s sickening to see politicians saying Baldwin County needs to grow. Why? More tax revenue for more roads and more schools for more people. Control the growth. But this is America. Large land barons and corporations owning more and more of it.

jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There's the rub. They can drag that crap out forever. The lawyers love it. Big $$
    That was my concern, them dragging it out til PF can no longer continue to pay. It's such a sleezy tactic to use. Just because there's a court date certainly doesn't mean it's the end.

jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Future subdivisions around it. They want the range gone.
    Apparently it's going to be an off road park, called grand River motorsports going in there. At least the Google reviews suggest that, which is a shame because I like off roading. Guess we'll find out in court what happens.

Shadowtech

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pigfarm Gun Range is closed to the public. But, not completely closed down. There will be a group who is going to be using both sides of the land and river as well. They teach survival skills, gun classes, different medical techniques, building shelters and camping out sometimes for a weekend and sometimes for a week possibly two. I have been in negotiations and ironing out the details since last year. But a live range would not have benefited them. But a closed to the public will. When they begin their classes I’ll post on here in case any of you will be interested in joining. Before you get on here and commit just know only the instructor will have a cell phone. All electronics are left behind and if you leave for any reason you can’t return back and zero refund returned. So, for now that is the future of the range. I’ll update when I know more. ❤️

Copied from their facebook

Attachments

• EAE3F692-0903-4017-A521-9441A27DE742.png
      EAE3F692-0903-4017-A521-9441A27DE742.png
      736.7 KB · Views: 40

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Is it closed to the public by choice for this contract or did the lawsuit shut it down? I'm finally in a position I can start enjoying my toys again and now I'm let down.

Shadowtech

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is it closed to the public by choice for this contract or did the lawsuit shut it down? I'm finally in a position I can start enjoying my toys again and now I'm let down.

Not sure exactly I’ve been following their fb for awhile but haven’t been out there since last fall. I think this was some way to keep it going for now
    Looks like these motor sports park guys are trying to push everyone out several land owners are affected by access to their property or something like that

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Not sure exactly I’ve been following their fb for awhile but haven’t been out there since last fall. I think this was some way to keep it going for now
    Looks like these motor sports park guys are trying to push everyone out several land owners are affected by access to their property or something like that
    I had heard that much. Guess I'll just sell my guns and buy an ATV

Top Bottom