• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm not a professional photographer and the pics I take are not works of art or worth much of anything by any stretch of the imagination, but I do spend the time to take them, prep them and then upload them.

While I know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - I've now had 3 forum members use my pics when they go to sell things in their posts (One even used them on his Gun Broker ad) - so I have a request -

TAKE YOUR OWN PICTURES, DO YOUR OWN DAMN WORK.

If you do not have access to a camera or need help uploading your pics ask me - more than happy to help.

Hell for that matter just ask me to use mine and I'll probably say sure no problem.

Call me a whiny little _______ if you want, but it's the principle of the thing.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    you post pics on the internet they are there for anyone to use...want to make it difficult, watermark them with "property of LOKI", you can always copyright, otherwise they are free game. welcome to the modern era!

BTW on your 6.8 why did he buy and then put it up for $25 more in 2 days? seems like this has been done before and requires a FFL(for the buyer) to legally buy and sell guns. Sorry just curious...

Last edited:

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    you post pics on the internet they are there for anyone to use...want to make it difficult, watermark them with "property of LOKI", you can always copyright, otherwise they are free game. welcome to the modern era!

With a community like this one I think we could hold ourselves to better standards. Refer to:

Loki said:
    it's the principle of the thing.

It's not difficult to take a picture and upload it. Takes all of five minutes from the shutter closing to posting on the board. It's also not difficult to ask permission to use photos. Common courtesy.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thought buying and selling went on all the time here. Must have been another forum,my mystake.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Loki I don't know what this is all about but I would have to have help with pictures. I have had some pictures I would have liked to get on here but don't have a smart phone and really don't know if I am smarter than the phone. The only way I could get it done is to text the picture to someone and ask them to post it for me.

Hope you get this all worked out out.

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Snow - happy to help you if you need it.

Nothing to work out really, as has been pointed out it's the principle of the thing and is just a common courtesy to ask.

Just rubs me wrong.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    What kind of pictures are we talking about ? Are they using pictures of your gun and saying it is their gun ? Sounds deceptive to me.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Not exactly, but close. As soon as you take a picture it is copyrighted and just because most people don't follow every picture they post online and send cease and desist letters doesn't mean they are fair game legally, they could be, but it really depends on how hard someone wants to push.

http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/copyright-fair-use-and-how-it-works-for-online-images/

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What kind of pictures are we talking about ? Are they using pictures of your gun and saying it is their gun ? Sounds deceptive to me.

Referring to pictures of guns I was selling that I took and then put in my FS / FT posts.
    3 folks from the forum decided they would use my pics instead of taking and posting their own pics when they went to sell the guns for whatever reason, and again one of them even used my pics on a different sale site to try and sell their gun.

Rubs me wrong and is tacky and lazy in my opinion.

Do your own work or pay me a percentage - since we know THAT won't happen - do your own work.

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Loki I understand your point I had someone use a pic of my 4 wheeler to sell theirs and said looks like this one everyone knows my 4wheeler and was blowing my phone up asking me if I was selling it or hey you better check your wheeler I think someone stole it and is selling it it pissed me off and the little prick when told to remove my pic said nope make me so I spent the next month tossing his adds and posting pics of my 4wheeler in an add saying if you see this wheeler it's mine please toss any add with this pics he findly gave up. Lol

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Item 253 - Geronimo Catalog 387 (May 2012) Back To Previous Page

(we are no longer accepting bids on this item)

Minimum Bid: $500.00
    Sold Price: $21,013.20

Description

Chiricahua Apache (1829–1909) who attained the status of legend for his steadfast defense of Native American lands against the United States government. After decades of aggressive resistance, Geronimo surrendered to General Nelson A. Miles at Skeleton Canyon, Arizona, on September 4, 1886. After years of imprisonment, followed by ‘military confinement,’ Geronimo became a celebrity, appearing at such venues as the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis (where he sold autographs to curiosity seekers) and in Theodore Roosevelt’s 1905 inaugural parade, and dictating his autobiography. He died of pneumonia at Fort Sill, Oklahoma at the age of 79. Very rare matte-finish 3.25 x 5.25 postcard photo of Geronimo standing alongside his wife, both clad in duster jackets, with a badge pinned to his vest and jacket, signed across the top in pencil, “Geronimo.” Bottom of photo bears an imprint which reads, “Geronimo and Wife, Canady’s Photo[/B].” Some scattered light silvering, a small pencil line near bottom, and a couple of trivial mounting remnants to reverse, otherwise fine condition.

When signing an object, Geronimo would rotate the item so he could write his signature vertically, although the name would appear horizontal when turned right side up. He was paid $1 for signatures and $3 for photographs. This photograph was taken by A.B. Canady of Altonna, Kansas, and dates to 1907. Here, Geronimo is pictured with his ninth wife, Azul, who married him when the Apache prisoners of war were moved to Fort Sill, Oklahoma Territory. She remained with Geronimo until his death in 1909.

In 1907, a celebration dubbed ‘The Last Pow-Wow’ was planned to commemorate the merging of the Oklahoma and Indian Territories to establish Oklahoma statehood. The event featured a carnival, Wild West show, and other attractions, and organizers invited Geronimo to attend. Army Scout and Texas Ranger ‘Mustang Jack’ Moore accompanied Geronimo from Fort Sill to Collinsville, Oklahoma, for the event. Moore befriended Geronimo, and soon introduced the famed Apache warrior to his friend, oilman C.W. Deming and his wife. “Jack Moore used to come to [Deming’s] home, break down the door in the middle of the night, and sleep off the whiskey,” a descendant of Deming recalled. “And then two weeks later, Jack would be all sobered up by now, he’d come back and bring him a cow or something.” One day he brought a collection of items associated with Geronimo, including this autographed photo. An exceedingly rare signed photo with impeccable provenance. Pre-certified John Reznikoff/PSA/DNA and RR Auction COA.

This is one of several photos my great granddad A.B Canady took in 1907 his copyright ended in 1937 it would be nice to have a little of the profit from this sale. I don't think I would be worried about a few pictures of guns etc. but I don't know the whole story so I will stay out of this hunt!!!!!!!!!

155SprtFsh

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your pictures are not worth anything until you die......so live with it!!!!!!!!I had pictures that were used on Chevy's Florida Fishing Report Show and received nothing but.... exposure....maybe better than money.

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't know the whole story so I will stay out of this hunt!!!!!!!!!
    Your pictures are not worth anything until you die......so live with it!!!!!!!!

White man speak in forked tongue?

Do your own work or pay me a percentage - since we know THAT won't happen - do your own work.
    If you're hung up on that line - I was being a bit sarcastic now wasn't I, I don't expect anything from it.

Remember, I said it's the P R I N C I P L E of the matter.

Top Bottom