• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    For my Daily Dagger. Outdoor knock around pistol for life on the frontier ( Range,Al)

It's the 507C. Has the chevron reticle and outer circle that you can only see when NOT ON TARGET. You can turn it off but why would you?
    Makes finding the dot effortless. If you see the outer ring, shift back and boom there's the dot.
    You probably saying why would I need that? I've spent 242 hours practicing my draw, dry firing and two handed stance. Well, shoot from the ground, shoot off handed or one handed. Use crap cover where your not in your proper target range stance. Ya know like if someone was trying to end you in the real world.
    3 mins playing with it and I had it figured out. Left outer circle, shift left. Bottom of circle shift down etc..
    Wanna shoot gangster style? Go ahead. You can ding the steel and impress the homies.

I think it's great. You don't EVER see the outer ring unless your off point.

Drop comp built in, yep thats right. No guessing what you need for 50 yards or even 100. 0 at 25 and go shoot stuff. Chevron point 25. Just under point 50, Bottom of chevron 100. (115gr)
    Solar and battery. Something like 30k hours. Tray for battery is on the side so no taking it off to change, so no loss of zero.

Very pleased with this, did I mention it's in green the new cool? Unlike red that looks like a road flare with my crap eyes the green is crystal clear. I have 3 of the green ones. And love em. Also have a red sig Romeo zero that looks like a Nike swoop.
    It would also be handy on a carbine.
    Food for thought... ** its a Primary Arms exclusive optic btw.

Screenshot_20230719-104633_eBay.jpg
    20230721_234006.jpg
    20230721_233955.jpg
    20230721_234018_001.jpg
    20230721_233248.jpg

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Welcome to the club! I have 4-5 ACSS equipped pistols and they are all great.

Having the large ring on will shorten battery life; however you will notice the degradation of the battery life near the end with the dimming of the reticle slowly. Once you notice it's getting dimmer, change the battery. And even so, they last a long time.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Still enjoying this sight. Super easy to draw off hand or one handed and get on target quick. Using on my Daily Dagger while building. By the end of the day it's full of crap. But Still working.
    In all seriousness yall should look thru one and check it out and "go green" the right way.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I've got one I run on my duty dagger ( I beat the shit out of it before deciding it worked for duty). And I'm pretty happy with it. Pretty sure mine is sans circle and runs the chevron reticle.
    I notice yours has same item number as mine but has the circle/dot, mine has the chevron. Haven't looked to see if there's a way to change the reticle or if that's a normal thing.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Using on my Daily Dagger while building. By the end of the day it's full of crap. But Still working.
    I still have my 507s, but switched to the HE 509 ACSS on two carry G19s (enclosed emitter). Also have an EPS-Carry on another for the same reason.

I don't think an open emitter is a huge issue but as you say, if working hard it can get filled up with junk while a closed emitter won't.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I've got one I run on my duty dagger ( I beat the shit out of it before deciding it worked for duty). And I'm pretty happy with it. Pretty sure mine is sans circle and runs the chevron reticle.
    I notice yours has same item number as mine but has the circle/dot, mine has the chevron. Haven't looked to see if there's a way to change the reticle or if that's a normal thing.
    No it has the chevron and circle.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There is a way to change it, look at the instructions - if you don't have them, they are on the PA webpage on the lower left side they have the manual to download, sorry I can't link to it directly.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Played with it more today. Shot from prone, kneeling, leaning, lying on ground left, right two handed, one handed, sideways, behind cover. Just about anything I could come up with still quickly hitting the target. Did a boo boo and cut the top of my right thumb, my improvised improper grip. 8 inch gong ranges from 12 feet to 100 yards. Drop comp chevron works.
    I'm telling ya this is a good design. Makes me feel like John Wick. :)
    20230801_150009.jpg

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nice review. I love my 507. I saw the vulcan sight and thought it was a great idea. But didn't know you could change reticle between chevron and dot. Good to know. I prefer red cause I feel the green will wash out with all the flora, especially in the spring with all the bright green colors.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I had an extra one that moved off a pistol and is now on a Rossi R92 / 357. With the 'middle age eyes' effect going on, the Chevron is far easier to use than the irons and ringing steel at 100-125yds is easy peasy.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nice review. I love my 507. I saw the vulcan sight and thought it was a great idea. But didn't know you could change reticle between chevron and dot. Good to know. I prefer red cause I feel the green will wash out with all the flora, especially in the spring with all the bright green colors.
    You can't change it. Chevron only. No dot. It's 10 moa and you can range off of it.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I prefer the chevron.

Dots and circles aren't bad and I use them when I don't have any other options.

Latest posts

Top Bottom