• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    saw it on the 10 o clock news last , seems like some folks hunting on mans land, he went to get them off his land, words spoken, he was walking back to his trk an was shot in the back they said by a deer rifle ??? More will come out of this im sure. Sad

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Still no arrests... the man who was shot lived on the property across the street, he approached the hunters on property that he did not own.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been in that guys shoes in some ways. I live in the middle of a very wooded area with horses. Sometime "hunters" are not real careful or knowledgeable as to where their bullets are going. I am always polite and always nervous of who I will encounter in the middle of the woods hunting deer on my property or on adjacent land.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Id guess nobody is talking BC of the investigation. Shot in the back... What a bunch of pussies!

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It is possible that it plays out as self defense even though he was shot in the back... considering it has been several days, and no one has been charged yet, that's probably the case. All subjects remained on scene administering first aid to the gunshot victim until authorities arrived.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is possible that it plays out as self defense even though he was shot in the back... considering it has been several days, and no one has been charged yet, that's probably the case. All subjects remained on scene administering first aid to the gunshot victim until authorities arrived.

How John, what scenario are you thinking? It's pretty difficult to make that claim when the person is retreating from an altercation and didn't impose an immediate threat. Even if he said he was going to get a gun/weapon, or was armed its still criminal to use that degree of force when the guy is walking away in the woods and you have the ability to retreat. It won't fly by using Castle Law BC the victim was NOT walking towards a possible victim or posed an immediate threat (shooting an unarmed burglar in the back as he walks toward your child's bedroom is legal in FL), from the info we know.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Clay. Let's say I convince you to take me hogg'n. Im talking about pig hinting in the woods,
    Some guy walks up and points a gun at you. I'm behind him, and either you don't have your rifle ready, or faced away; etc.
    I blow ole pistol pointer out of his boots, because I was in fear of death or great bodily harm being done to you.

The article makes it sound like ole shooter claims ole shot one was pointing a weapon at them/a member of thier group.

Last edited:

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I remember correctly the woman they talked to or the newsman said the man approached the group of hunters an he pointed a gun at them, an was shot walking to his Trk, so info sketchy at best right now, glad no killing!!!

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gotcha... Well that makes sense. I re-read it. This will certainly be interesting, gonna be his word vs theirs it appears. I hope it was a justified shooting.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well he lived there, field was in his front yard, he probably knew who's field it was, he thought he was helping a neighbor out, he thought! Those night hunters might have had permission an legal paperwork to be doing what they were doing. So it will come out maybe later, folks who live out in the boonies tend to look after one another a little more than most I believe?

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good thing the media pointed out it was a "high powered" rifle. Is there such thing as a low powered rifle?! Morons should all be rounded up and sent to the woods with Gary Busey for a little Surviving The Game.

Top Bottom