• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marquezj16

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's an excellent turn around time. As soon as I'm able, I'll be applying for my FL permit, well maybe right after I get a FL license.

Bruiser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After 2 1/2 months of waiting for my appointment, I was able to submit my application this morning for my CCP. They said they have up to 90 days to get the permit to you, but doesnt mean they will take that long.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After 2 1/2 months of waiting for my appointment, I was able to submit my application this morning for my CCP. They said they have up to 90 days to get the permit to you, but doesnt mean they will take that long.

They tell everyone walking out of there that. My wife got hers three weeks after her apt.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As stated earlier . We did the permit applications in Fort Walton office.

It took about 23 days for my wifes permit to show up in the mail and mine came 2days short of a full month.

I really don't think that was a bad turn around time.

Hell I remember back 30yrs ago when I applied for my first permit in Connecticut . It took at least 90 days or more & I had been a State police officer for 2 yrs prior to that and worked 3yrs doing security for a nuclear power facility .
    I had government clearance plus law enforcement and it still took 90 plus days

Bruiser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah. It is what it is. Just glad it's submitted finally. I also used FWB office off Racetrack

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We had appointments in Ft. Walton on 8/2.
    Checks were cashed on 8/9.
    Hers was issued 8/15 and arrived here on 8/19.
    Mine still shows the "Sorry for the delay" message when I check the website.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FelixH
    That sounds like what happened to the wife and I. Hers came in about 15days mine came in about 28days. Just keep checking the website.

For those of you that put in and have waited more then 45days I'd take a ride to Fort Walton & check on it. I've heard that a lot of permit applications that are sent in thru the mail get stuck in limbo for weeks at a time and then returned because the fingerprints are messed up.

I'd suggest doing the whole process in person in Fort Walton where everything is checked before being sent to Tallahassee .

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As stated before I was on the Connecticut Sate Police force, Prior Nuclear facility security , Armed courier experience & bounty hunter. I've held permits all over New England the east coast.

But was told none of that mattered.

If you did your applications at Fort Walton then most likely you paperwork's been done right. But if you just sent it in and it's been about 45days I'd start making some calls to make sure your applications and fingerprint were done properly.

I've been told that if paperwork and prints aren't perfect that things get put on hold and could be 90 days before you get it back denied and then you have to correct the mistakes and reapply .

Good luck. I hope you receive it soon.

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All set and legal now...

We called on 4/8 to make appts in Ft Walton.
    First available at that time was 8/2.

Went to the appts on 8/2
    Both checks were cashed on 8/9.
    Hers was issued 8/15 and arrived here on 8/19.
    Mine was issued 8/24 and arrived 8/29.

So they came in 17 and 27 days after the appointments. That's not bad at all, but we did have to wait a while for our appointments.
    We could have tried checking for cancellations along the way, but we've both been pretty busy and didn't mind waiting.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    So I went and did everything at the Ft. Walton office last Thursday (exactly one week ago) and it got approved today.
    esamu4u2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Got it 2 days ago. Took 1 week to get an appointment, 1 week to get approved, and 1 week to mail. Don't think it could get any faster than that. FWB's the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Tyler2142

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mine came in the mail today (10-19-13). Sent my packet and everything the 24th of september. Check was cashed the 27th. I honestly dont think thats bad at all especially seeing as the turnaround time would be affected by the government shutdown. (Im assuming so anyways?) I did not go through the FWB office like most.

Top Bottom