Pentagon Unilaterally Grants Itself Authority Over ‘Civil Disturbances’. A MUST READ

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last edited:

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Growing up as a kid in Pensacola -- we were scared of the Russians and nuclear war... Today's kids could be scared of our own government -- and the very real thought of civil war. Ain't "progress" great!?!

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can see no their reason but prepping for civil war for this kind of change in rule of law. They use the Boston Bombings as an example of why this was needed and at the same time say how well the local law enforcement handled the situation in a " Military style way" . To me that does not mean since the military style worked well I guess we should give the Military the same power within our borders. Only ONE reason for this!!!

Just Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's coming from the top. The commander in chief. No mystery there. When a person keeps becoming increasingly paranoid, they tend to layer defenses in between them and the problem. This behavior is not unlike what we have ever seen before in history. This behavior is pattern of a mad man.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Hitler and others have done this same thing, the Country is in trouble...here we go guys and what percentage of troops will follow this order? Considering the # of minorities in the service and the fact gangs and others are sending their young to be trained by our Military, then coming home w that training to do illegal things, I am concerned. This past election 1/2 of our Military voted for odumbdumb!

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hitler and others have done this same thing, the Country is in trouble...here we go guys and what percentage of troops will follow this order? Considering the # of minorities in the service and the fact gangs and others are sending their young to be trained by our Military, then coming home w that training to do illegal things, I am concerned. This past election 1/2 of our Military voted for odumbdumb!

That's a scary thought right there. When I was in I would bet there were maybe 10% Democrats or should I say Liberals in. Back then the Democratic party was not at all what it has turned into today, matter a fact most of us would have been Democrats back then. I didn't leave the party it left me. But it is scary because I believe what you said about how many will follow this order? I guess the good thing is at least half are on the right side and I would bet in the more elite and controlling positions so maybe that will help on that front.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I certainly will not be following ANY orders to collect weapons or fire on our citizens.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I pray that it never comes that good people have to shoot at our own troups. It is something that I just can't imagine and it would be as hard to do as for our troups shooting as us.

fireblast2591

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I told my wife , When THEY come the will need to bring a BIG TRUCK and a lot of BODY BAGS with them. Probable one for me too. I would rather die standing for what I beleive in, than serving on my knees.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The possible ramifications of that are Chilling! I don't know that it's so much they are preparing for an impending civil war in the near future but they are seeing how much liberty a nation of complacent sheep is willing to give up. Any Government is a monstrosity that develops a lust for power that must be constrained. It's officials will not limit their own powers. It's up to the people and we dang well better start turning this thing around at the ballot box so our kids and grandkids aren't faced with some tough decisions. Some "conservatives" are going to have to get their heads out of the sand and realize that the John McCains, Lindsay Grahams, and other war mongers are in full support of a loss of civil liberties in the name of "national defense". It's not surprising that guys who have no pause when talking of thousands of women and children of other nations as necessary "collateral damage" will eventually turn the dogs of war on their own people in the name of public safety.

That authorization of force mentioned is vague with virtually no limits. The President was playing Golf and didn't want to be disturbed so the Commander mobilized troops to contain the Tea Party rally errrrrrrrr I mean civil disturbance. What's the world coming to when we find ourselves in lockstep with the ACLU. Hopefully Rand Paul and some others will be all over this in Congress and raise a stink about it. It was disturbing to me when they closed down an entire city the size of Boston for a day to hunt down one skinny little kid. Some governors with backbone need to standup to this tyranny as well but it's hard when Washington and the Fed has them addicted to all the free funny money and threaten to take it away if they don't play ball.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This has been done a few times in history. I believe the Roman Legions are the first well documented example. Seems to always end the same way. Interesting that the DHS is ordering milspec hardware by the trainload also.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    please recall the most recent bout of threatened gun control. This resulted in several State and County officials from Governor's, State Legislatures, Sheriff's and Police Chief's stating THEY WOULD NOT ENFORCE NEW FED GUN CONTROL LAWS.

Then this change to the Law done below the radar, that specifically eliminates the power and control normally exercised by Elected State Officials.

Also note that the "presidential line of succession" has also been ignored. "Military" with the Sec of Defense is # 6! But in the new Law All 15 potential Federal leaders and EVERY State Leader will be powerless. Let's call this what it really is: A formal Plan For a Military Coup d'état.

# Office Current officer
    1 Vice President of the United States Joe Biden (D)
    2 Speaker of the House John Boehner (R)
    3 President pro tempore of the Senate Patrick Leahy (D)
    4 Secretary of State John Kerry (D)
    5 Secretary of the Treasury Jacob Lew (D)
    6 Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel (R)
    7 Attorney General Eric Holder (D)
    -- Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell (D)[3]
    8 Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack (D)
    -- Acting Secretary of Commerce Rebecca Blank (D) [4]
    -- Acting Secretary of Labor Seth Harris (D) [4]
    9 Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius (D)
    10 Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Shaun Donovan (D)
    11 Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood (R)
    12 Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz (D)
    13 Secretary of Education Arne Duncan (D)
    14 Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki (I)
    15 Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano (D)

Top Bottom