• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

TallKevin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Item Location
    Tallahassee
    Looking for a PCC in preferably 9mm that I can let my wife and son use and get comfortable with firearms in general.

Marsh Pirate

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the Springfield Saint Victor PCC, I really like it. The other day, I was at the range, and the guy next to me had the S&W M&P FPC. This is the folding one. He let me shoot it and showed me how it folds up, I was impressed with it. It folds down nice and neat and carries spare mags in the stock. I would look at it if I were in the market.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Probably one of the softest recoiling PCC,s is the Ruger PC carbine take down model! My wife won't shoot my AR's, Ak, or other rifles but she loves shooting the Ruger PC Carbine! It shoots like a 10/22 but slightly louder. No recoil and no significant muzzle blast.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Sage advice received here. I don't know what your budget is but other than the Hi Point the ones mentioned above approach $1K. The only draw back I have with the HP is magazine capacity. However, that may not be your concern. There should be ranges you can rent one or all of the above in Tallahassee. I would start there as this is a PCC for family members not you. They have to like it. You said you wanted them to get "comfortable with firearms". Help them through the process with what you have learned over time.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Sage advice received here. I don't know what your budget is but other than the Hi Point the ones mentioned above approach $1K. The only draw back I have with the HP is magazine capacity. However, that may not be your concern. There should be ranges you can rent one or all of the above in Tallahassee. I would start there as this is a PCC for family members not you. They have to like it. You said you wanted them to get "comfortable with firearms". Help them through the process with what you have learned over time.
    Yep, cost is a factor. Being new shooters that's why I suggested it. Also it's good training for semi auto pistols. The next step in weapons training. Capiticy is not an issue for slow fire training. Aiming and trigger discipline is. Also safety.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Agreed on the hi point magazine capacity, however, Red Ball makes an aftermarket 20 round magazine for the hi point carbine. They are officially partnered with and endorsed by hi point and jointly developed it with them, unlike the problematic pro mag units years ago that didn’t work and hi point flat out said using them voids the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Or...mech tech. Solves the capacity issue and uses whatvever glock lower you have. You have to order to match. Also can get different caliber than your pistol as long as it is the proper size to accept thr different mags. Like g19,g23 9 or 40. Got one before i left and like it. Heavier than the s2k. 20240306_224311.jpg

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    Looking for a PCC in preferably 9mm that I can let my wife and son use and get comfortable with firearms in general.

Top Bottom