• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KGAAB

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Has anyone been to this show at the Laketown Wharf? Is it worth going? The last one I went to was in Panama City at the fairgrounds about a year or so ago and was nothing but two rows of overpriced junk. Just throwing out feelers before I waste my time going. For what it's worth, I'm not interested if it's full of "Private Sale" guns from dealers that want $750 for a used Glock 42.

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The one at Lake Town wharf is put on by the people that used to do the one at the fairgrounds before hurricane Michael. It's a mixed bag, some over priced crap (Jay's and Mancave 850) and some dealers with fair pricing. The Outpost from Marianna sets up with some really good deals and there is a Mom & Pop shop out of Crawfordville that usually has some good stuff. An informed buyer can usually sniff out a decent deal. I'll be there Saturday morning, probably take something along as sale/trade fodder. Oh, Georgia Arms sets up there occasionally. Decent factory reloads for fair prices and they usually have hard to find calibers as well.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

KGAAB

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The one at Lake Town wharf is put on by the people that used to do the one at the fairgrounds before hurricane Michael. It's a mixed bag, some over priced crap (Jay's and Mancave 850) and some dealers with fair pricing. The Outpost from Marianna sets up with some really good deals and there is a Mom & Pop shop out of Crawfordville that usually has some good stuff. An informed buyer can usually sniff out a decent deal. I'll be there Saturday morning, probably take something along as sale/trade fodder. Oh, Georgia Arms sets up there occasionally. Decent factory reloads for fair prices and they usually have hard to find calibers as well.

Thank you. I may check it out.

KGAAB

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    just came back all i bought was 2 speed loaders BUT there were imho many vendors and lottsa stuff , price wise i did not see a bargain pythons ,some 7.62x39 ammo was in the ball park ,knives sure aint cheap ....damn
    Also just left. Lots of selections, but the prices were pretty steep. The first table, out of Marianna had the best prices I saw.

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I didn't buy anything at the show today. There were several things that caught my eye, but I resisted the temptation. The Rossi Cyclops was probably the hardest one to walk away from. The price was good and you don't see those very often! A few deals on used pocket knives floating around in there, but most were either NIB, collectibles or just overpriced. A lot of people walking around selling privately as well. All in all, not a bad way to spent the morning.

KGAAB

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I didn't buy anything at the show today. There were several things that caught my eye, but I resisted the temptation. The Rossi Cyclops was probably the hardest one to walk away from. The price was good and you don't see those very often! A few deals on used pocket knives floating around in there, but most were either NIB, collectibles or just overpriced. A lot of people walking around selling privately as well. All in all, not a bad way to spent the morning.

I saw that. Pretty cool gun. The only thing I was eyeing up was a Smith Model 60 and some hack job $200 Semi auto sawed off 12ga.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I saw that. Pretty cool gun. The only thing I was eyeing up was a Smith Model 60 and some hack job $200 Semi auto sawed off 12ga.
    Haven’t seen a Model 60 at the Pensacola show in a long while.
    The Marianna dealer mentioned above was probably the Outpost. He always has good stuff at reasonable prices.

socalpig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Spoke to the owner of “The Ranch” (Altha) while at the show. Veteran owned spot with really cool collectible items. Definitely worth a look if you hit the show or have time to make it out that way.

Plus side was his prices were cheaper than I’d expected.

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    no concealed carry inside ?
    Don't ask, don't tell!

It's not illegal, just against their rules. I've carried to every show and I've been going to them for nearly 20 years. It's a common policy that is often required by the insurance company. One of the dealers actually had a negligent discharge at the fairgrounds show several years ago!

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Don't ask, don't tell!

It's not illegal, just against their rules. I've carried to every show and I've been going to them for nearly 20 years. It's a common policy that is often required by the insurance company. One of the dealers actually had a negligent discharge at the fairgrounds show several years ago!

there was a rather large uniformed police officer there asking everyone and the sign said no firearms or ammo .....which i thought ironic i can buy ammo and firearms there and walk out ,i didn't wear mine but i guess they take it and hold it for you ?

Top Bottom