• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    At least now I know I'm not the only one that sees animals that "aren't supposed to be here".
    Late 80’s up in Bruce/Red Bay at the tree farm . I’ve got some VHS footage of a big Fla. Red Wolf somewhere . When I reported /showed it to FWC , I was told it was a coyote . I showed him pictures of coyotes . Big difference in size , mouth , and colorings . He insisted it was a yote and that F.R.W. hadn’t been sighted /reported in a very long time . Right !

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Late 80’s up in Bruce/Red Bay at the tree farm . I’ve got some VHS footage of a big Fla. Red Wolf somewhere . When I reported /showed it to FWC , I was told it was a coyote . I showed him pictures of coyotes . Big difference in size , mouth , and colorings . He insisted it was a yote and that F.R.W. hadn’t been sighted /reported in a very long time . Right !
    I will try to find it . And take some stills to post .

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

They love to insist things don't exist that you've looked at with your own two eyes!

I'm virtually certain most (really all) of what I see in Eglin is the FRW and not coyotes. I see coyotes in BW (and out west), and there is a distinct difference that is pretty easily recognizable after you've seen a couple of each. I've been way too close to far too many of them in Eglin to be wrong on all of them. You'd swear a FRW was just some sort of Shepherd mix, if you didn't know there was a FRW!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Eglin is a special place where I could see species existing that officials claim don't exist. A lot of the land is off limits to the Public so no wildlife cameras are in those areas. I have no doubt @WRM is right about the FRW on Eglin, lots of land for them to hide on not open to the public and since they're protected even if you see one you better not kill it to prove a point LOL!

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    They love to insist things don't exist that you've looked at with your own two eyes!

I'm virtually certain most (really all) of what I see in Eglin is the FRW and not coyotes. I see coyotes in BW (and out west), and there is a distinct difference that is pretty easily recognizable after you've seen a couple of each. I've been way too close to far too many of them in Eglin to be wrong on all of them. You'd swear a FRW was just some sort of Shepherd mix, if you didn't know there was a FRW!
    Roger that . We know what we know . Hit me up sometime if you’re ever near Niceville. Would be great to talk things over breakfast , compare hunting notes maybe . Breakfast on me if we can make it work . Have a great one .

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Roger that . We know what we know . Hit me up sometime if you’re ever near Niceville. Would be great to talk things over breakfast , compare hunting notes maybe . Breakfast on me if we can make it work . Have a great one .

Include me on that breakfast get together if you don't mind. With gas prices what they are and my hunting lease in Mississippi 342 miles away I'm most likely just going to make one long hunting trip there this year around Christmas time. With less trips I'm going to focus on hunting on Eglin again, been a while but now that I'm in FWB and closer to some of the better areas I'm going to start hunting it again.

Reactions: WRM

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got three chipmunk families living around my house.

We've had a few singles (best I can tell) here over the years. Haven't seen one for a bit. I'll randomly see them at a friend's house as well.

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Eglin is a special place where I could see species existing that officials claim don't exist. A lot of the land is off limits to the Public so no wildlife cameras are in those areas. I have no doubt @WRM is right about the FRW on Eglin, lots of land for them to hide on not open to the public and since they're protected even if you see one you better not kill it to prove a point LOL!
    You grew up around here as well . I’m sure you’ve got some stories . Hit me up . Would like to swap tales . Always nice to talk to locals who have seen the changes around here .

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Include me on that breakfast get together if you don't mind. With gas prices what they are and my hunting lease in Mississippi 342 miles away I'm most likely just going to make one long hunting trip there this year around Christmas time. With less trips I'm going to focus on hunting on Eglin again, been a while but now that I'm in FWB and closer to some of the better areas I'm going to start hunting it again.
    Sure thing .

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You grew up around here as well . I’m sure you’ve got some stories . Hit me up . Would like to swap tales . Always nice to talk to locals who have seen the changes around here .

Not quite a local but been here since 92. Air Force brought me here where I separated and stayed. Spent my first 6 years as a Telephone Maintenance troop fixing phone lines all over the Eglin Range at all the various sites! Most of my time spent on the range has been fishing these days but I have spent a good amount of time hunting it, just never had much luck. Never took it serious but ready to now that I moved into town and getting out there will be easier for me now!

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Not quite a local but been here since 92. Air Force brought me here where I separated and stayed. Spent my first 6 years as a Telephone Maintenance troop fixing phone lines all over the Eglin Range at all the various sites! Most of my time spent on the range has been fishing these days but I have spent a good amount of time hunting it, just never had much luck. Never took it serious but ready to now that I moved into town and getting out there will be easier for me now!
    30 yrs. That’s local enough .

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just north of Shoal River I watched one cross Dorcas Hwy back in the mid 80’s. Me and a buddy were at the end of the guard rail sitting in my truck waiting to keep the dogs from crossing the road if they tried. The dogs were trailing a deer and just went quite and a few minutes later the biggest cat I ever saw just loped across the highway. A few of the guys had to go get the dogs off of the deer the cat had killed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom