• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goodcitizen

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone know if bear creek ar build quality is as good as palmetto states builds. Looking to buy a ar with 7.62 caliber but not sure if bear creek has a good reputation for there builds like palmetto.

Goodcitizen

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a palmetto ar pistol 556 and it's such a good build. I just don't know anyone who actually bought a complete ar just a buddy who bought just an upper for his palmetto lower. Thanks for the insight!!

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I have used BCA uppers in the past - no issues.

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I am registered as a BCA dealer, though I haven't had much need to carry stock of anything, until some other unrelated things get sorted. I've seen plenty of PSA and BCA guns come through as transfers and I've recently picked up a couple BCA uppers for a customer's suppressed AR pistol build.

Tried those at the range, during the customer's conjugal visit with a can waiting in tax stamp jail, and they seem to work just fine. For the price there isn't much to complain about.

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    A question for you: Are you asking about 7.62X39 or 7.62X51. My answer will differ with each caliber. If you are asking about 7.62X51, consider Aero Precision, a little more expensive, but IMHO worth the cost. If you are asking about 7.62X39You should also consider Radical Firearms, out of Texas, or Diamondback Firearms out d Florida, or CBC Industries out of South Carolina. All in the same price range as PSA and BCA. I have had all 4 brands and no problems. All have good finish.

If you are looking for a side charging upper BCA has them.

Before you buy, I would suggest you do your research. There are many more brands out there, in all price range and quality.

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    If the OP is open to Radical and CBC, I can also say that I've acquired and tested multiple Radical firearms for customers, and have also gotten a CBC upper for myself that turned out to be very good. Though the CBC uppers often in the same price range as BCA don't ship with a BCG or charging handle, so there is a bit of a price hike when going to CBC.

Both CBC and Radical reportedly had QC issues in the past, as have BCA and PSA. However, the examples I've had to handle in the last two years in person were all quite good. Though I still hear odd edge cases from other dealers, I haven't personally experienced. Usually the issues involve a lemon BCG, or in the case of BCA's side charging uppers there may be issues relating to how the charging handle affixes to the bolt, as reported from other dealers.

DB is the one I've probably handled the least, aside from consignments. I just do what people ask, and no one is asking me for those recently, so IDK.

Last edited:

Goodcitizen

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A question for you: Are you asking about 7.62X39 or 7.62X51. My answer will differ with each caliber. If you are asking about 7.62X51, consider Aero Precision, a little more expensive, but IMHO worth the cost. If you are asking about 7.62X39You should also consider Radical Firearms, out of Texas, or Diamondback Firearms out d Florida, or CBC Industries out of South Carolina. All in the same price range as PSA and BCA. I have had all 4 brands and no problems. All have good finish.

Before you buy, I would suggest you do your research. There are many more brands out there, in all price range and quality.
    7.62x39 not trying to take out tanks lol

Goodcitizen

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Thats why i havent pulled the trigger yet, no pun intended.

Mongo463

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One minor issue with a PSA M4- charging handle needed a little filing since it was tight in the keyed slot in the upper receiver.
    Full stock PA-10 required some filing on the bolt cam pin since it rubbed on the gas key during disassembly, and I replaced the buffer spring with a robust one from Midway (AR Stoner LR-308), shoots like a charm.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Does anyone know if bear creek ar build quality is as good as palmetto states builds. Looking to buy a ar with 7.62 caliber but not sure if bear creek has a good reputation for there builds like palmetto.
    They are good. I know a lot of people who won’t buy anything but BCA.

For 7.62 you do need to upgrade the firing pin and spring.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Psa any day of the week.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They are good. I know a lot of people who won’t buy anything but BCA.

For 7.62 you do need to upgrade the firing pin and spring.
    7.62x39 BCA has been selling uppers with upgraded firing pin. I believe they have also upgraded the extractors. That is the weak point in AR 7.62x39. The bolt face ends up with a lot of the material cut out of what was originally a 5.56 bcg.
    Picture is right from BCA website.
    On a budget.... BCA 100%

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-061803~2.png
      Screenshot_20220812-061803~2.png
      562.3 KB · Views: 40

Cygnus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've gotten things from both.
    The palmetto barrels I've gotten have shot better groups than the BCA ones on average.

That said I did get a 7.62x39 upper from BCA that shoots 2moa or better all day long with steel case tula, and better with brass case.

Top Bottom