• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While the National Guardsperson is surly disadvantaged in several ways, WHERE is the Leadership and inspections that should have caught the problem. I assume the problem was just pointed out from her handling and focus on the rifle. They probably went through the Issue Point, received authorized gear and jumped on the bus and put gear together as time permitted. As mounted, it also shows the person doesn't know what it's for nor how to use it? Reflects ZERO training for the Use of Equipment, do we think there was better training for the Use of Force/Rules of Engagement for her Armed Security Mission. I'd chew off her Lt's ass and slightly lesser chunks as I worked my way down! I don't know how the NG handles Small Arms Training. Maybe they only touch a gun on their version of boot camp and never again if its not a MOS/NEC rquirement but damn, this crap is dangerous in both directions.

When it gets corrected: where does the OLD Zero drop the round on U.S. streets? How many others were issued and never Zeroed? Maybe it can't make current proficiency much wore, IDK. Shit Show! It may work as a "Show of Force", hope they're not "Tested".

Ohio NG got 13 hits for 70 shots at Kent State. They had little to none Rules of Engagement and defaulted to "fear for their lives" justification for firing. We're still wondering about the Use of Lethal Force Rules in place when Babbitt was shot/killed. What is the NG following?

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Might be that way for storage so it would fit in the rack. Still lose the zero though.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Likely never sighted it in, but is required to keep serialized optic on serialized weapon.
    it was common a decade ago to see guys put their carry handle backups in the same spot.

ETA: before deployment the armory broke my acog, so I did a whole work up including yearly qual with the flip backup sights. The morning we drew weapons to board a plane, there sat a brand new acog on my rifle. As soon as we did the in country zero, I removed it and stashed it in the bottom of my ifak(easy to get too for serial number checks, out of the way where it wouldn’t easily get lost). I looked like a retard being the only marine in a company without a optic, but I decided it was worth it since I trusted those stupid flip iron sights.

Last edited:

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love women. Can't see a world without them. But I sweat and bleed to keep my woman at home doing what she does best...whatever she wants lol.
    But I have to believe if a man was given a pack of gear and a rifle, the first thing he would do is get his weapon squared away. How could you overlook this? Unless you're biologically susceptible to worrying about the wrong thing.
    I mean look at the man in the rear. No gloves on cus he just finished getting his optic put on the right way lol

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    While the National Guardsperson is surly disadvantaged in several ways, WHERE is the Leadership and inspections that should have caught the problem. I assume the problem was just pointed out from her handling and focus on the rifle. They probably went through the Issue Point, received authorized gear and jumped on the bus and put gear together as time permitted. As mounted, it also shows the person doesn't know what it's for nor how to use it? Reflects ZERO training for the Use of Equipment, do we think there was better training for the Use of Force/Rules of Engagement for her Armed Security Mission. I'd chew off her Lt's ass and slightly lesser chunks as I worked my way down! I don't know how the NG handles Small Arms Training. Maybe they only touch a gun on their version of boot camp and never again if its not a MOS/NEC rquirement but damn, this crap is dangerous in both directions.

When it gets corrected: where does the OLD Zero drop the round on U.S. streets? How many others were issued and never Zeroed? Maybe it can't make current proficiency much wore, IDK. Shit Show! It may work as a "Show of Force", hope they're not "Tested".

Ohio NG got 13 hits for 70 shots at Kent State. They had little to none Rules of Engagement and defaulted to "fear for their lives" justification for firing. We're still wondering about the Use of Lethal Force Rules in place when Babbitt was shot/killed. What is the NG following?
    They go through the same boot as active duty. Just modified tech/A school for some.

chootem

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    $20 says soldier is in a non-combat field. prob fires/touches her weapon 1/2 times a yr. definitely a NG storm trooper

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So I'll be the first to say it... this is the configuration they use to transport the weapon and if you mount it back in the exact spot it is supposed to be close enough to hold zero. When I was in we used M16A2's, and dialed our personal rifle into what worked, and used it.

I just thought it was funny because military you make fun when it's dumb.. if it can be handled..then you push more haha.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I used iron sights for my 20 in the Corps’, retired in 2004. Set your battle sight zero (and record your settings for your rifle) and forget it. Carry on. Keep an eye on the wind if need be...

Top Bottom