• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    and a lot of their stuff is free shipping but it's slow. I have bought a few things from them in the last year and it's usually 10 days or so before it shows up.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Looks like NOW would be the time to pick up that Leupold,Zeiss,Swarovski,or Schmidt & Bender that you have been wishing for. Maybe some night vision or thermal ??

Or for you NcStar and Barska fans out there.... lets see...?... 10% off their top of the line "optics" would save you about $3.70. :laugh: --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    ABSOLUTELY...........I am trying to convince Bruce that it would be perfect for his style of hunting. They have them/had them in stock at Walmart for $32.95 last time I was in to buy a scope for my Cooper chambered in 223AI. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    ABSOLUTELY...........I am trying to convince Bruce that it would be perfect for his style of hunting. They have them/had them in stock at Walmart for $32.95 last time I was in to buy a scope for my Cooper chambered in 223AI. --- SAWMAN

Yeah, poor old me is trying to make a thermal decision...3X would be better for hogs and coyotes, but 2X would be better for looking around the farm at the closer distances involved. I walked around looking through a 2x scope and a 3x scope setting to determine that. Meanwhile, per a recommendation on AR15.com, I'm looking at clip-on thermals from Nivisys...goes in front of the day sight and can be used as a 1-2x stand-alone sight too and as a hand-held unit. Advantage of clip-on is using your normal day sight with no further sighting in needed. I'm in contact with Nivisys this morning getting questions answered. Nivisys hooked me up with the closest dealer, and I was given an attractive price. Look out...more ammo going for sale from me.

This afternoon I'll go to Walmart and check out the NcStar and Barska thermals. I might get one for each rifle since they are so affordable and not have to sell anything!

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Well I just got back from the Pace Walmart. They lady looked at me like I was nuts when I asked to see the $32.95 thermal weapons sight. (Note: It might have been that I had a goat on a leash with me.) All I can think is that maybe Sawman was pulling my leg.

Nivisys clip-on thermal is probably out. Unless I bought the more expensive model (out of range of my budget), it won't work with my 4X ACOG.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Bruce,you asked in the wrong department. You should have asked over where Moesha works. You know...where all the cheap costume jewlery is kept.

NOW.......you gotta drive all the way back over there.

I probably should buy all my 300ACC stuff from you,huh Bruce ?? That would supply you with the funds for that thermal. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Bruce,you asked in the wrong department. You should have asked over where Moesha works. You know...where all the cheap costume jewlery is kept.

NOW.......you gotta drive all the way back over there.

I probably should buy all my 300ACC stuff from you,huh Bruce ?? That would supply you with the funds for that thermal. --- SAWMAN

Well, after talking directly with Nivisys and getting info from the horse's mouth so-to-speak, I've ordered a Nivisys UTAC-32M. It's a jack of all trades, master of none in my opinion. Clip-on in front of day optic (both mild magnification and red dot types), stand alone weapons sight with various reticles, and hand held. Not the biggest objective lens, not the smallest. When collimated (may be the wrong word) (takes a minute or so to set it the first time; keep cover on objective lens and center dot to your day optic crosshairs or red dot) to the day optic, no change in day optic sight settings are needed. When taken off and put on another gun as a stand alone thermal sight, sighting it in does not change the collimation settings, so it can be put right back on the day optic rifle...trust but verify will be my motto. 320x240 30Hz 1x with 2x digital, no color pallet, 2 123A batteries, .308 recoil, 2x digital works fine in front of red dot sights, I believe the polarity of the crosshairs automatically changes to provide the max contrast with what the center of the crosshairs are on. Have to sign ITAR document and provide driver's license for them to make sure I'm not on the terrorist list. $7075.00. Figure around a month until it's in my hands.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, after talking directly with Nivisys and getting info from the horse's mouth so-to-speak, I've ordered a Nivisys UTAC-32M. It's a jack of all trades, master of none in my opinion. Clip-on in front of day optic (both mild magnification and red dot types), stand alone weapons sight with various reticles, and hand held. Not the biggest objective lens, not the smallest. When collimated (may be the wrong word) (takes a minute or so to set it the first time; keep cover on objective lens and center dot to your day optic crosshairs or red dot) to the day optic, no change in day optic sight settings are needed. When taken off and put on another gun as a stand alone thermal sight, sighting it in does not change the collimation settings, so it can be put right back on the day optic rifle...trust but verify will be my motto. 320x240 30Hz 1x with 2x digital, no color pallet, 2 123A batteries, .308 recoil, 2x digital works fine in front of red dot sights, I believe the polarity of the crosshairs automatically changes to provide the max contrast with what the center of the crosshairs are on. Have to sign ITAR document and provide driver's license for them to make sure I'm not on the terrorist list. $7075.00. Figure around a month until it's in my hands.

NICE! I love that you can just mount it in front of your standard optic, increases the value exponentially IMO.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Took a look at the NiviSys site. That thermal looks to be great Bruce. I have an extra Leupold 1-4X24 Heavy Duplex in the safe if you want to give it a try with the thermal. Yep.I had to do the ITAR stuff. They wanted to know if I raised goats also. I answered .... NO. Good Luck !! --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom