• ...and so much more!
  • G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    lots of companies are doing mounts for revolvers now... dots are the way of the future, or should i say present. if you can slap a dot on it, DO IT!

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have in the past put handgun scopes on my T/Cs, and considered some of my revolvers, but thus far have kept optics off my wheel guns. Not saying there isn't a place, but IME i don't really need the precision an optic provides on my revolvers since they are close range tools. I'm sure as my eyesight ages, I will reconsider.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I have in the past put handgun scopes on my T/Cs, and considered some of my revolvers, but thus far have kept optics off my wheel guns. Not saying there isn't a place, but IME i don't really need the precision an optic provides on my revolvers since they are close range tools. I'm sure as my eyesight ages, I will reconsider.
    At 53 I need every advantage I can get and dots do just that. This old dog believes in the dots and has them on just about everything i own... except my old faithful S&W 442. Thats my "bad breath" working gun.

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    At 53 I need every advantage I can get and dots do just that. This old dog believes in the dots and has them on just about everything i own... except my old faithful S&W 442. Thats my "bad breath" working gun.
    Agree with you 100%. But I don’t know that an optic has a place on CC weapon, be it a pistol or a revolver. An encounter of the kind that means you have to deploy your piece to protect your life or the life of loved ones…..you ain’t got time to worry about your sight picture. Just MHO. And for the record, I carry a Colt Agent as my “bad breath distance“ piece, so no optics for me.

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I would consider a quick reflex optic, just for better point shooting and target acquisition. I play a fps sci-fi/fantasy game called Destiny 2, and my go to weapon is this beauty of a wheelgun, "The Last Word". When aiming down sights, a holographic reflex appears.

Attachments

• The_Last_Word_1.jpg
      The_Last_Word_1.jpg
      81.2 KB · Views: 29

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They are almost a requirement for shooters below the age of 40, things change and the popularity of firearm accessories change with the times . Dot sights and black guns are the current rage. I’m in the elderly stage of life and I’m trying them on my target pistols. I definitely shoot tighter groups with them than with out . I’m still undecided about adding them to my carry pistol , but haven’t ruled them out as of yet.

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They are almost a requirement for shooters below the age of 40, things change and the popularity of firearm accessories change with the times . Dot sights and black guns are the current rage. I’m in the elderly stage of life and I’m trying them on my target pistols. I definitely shoot tighter groups with them than with out . I’m still undecided about adding them to my carry pistol , but haven’t ruled them out as of yet.
    Electronics have no place on a self-defense tool, IMO. If something can go wrong, it will go wrong.

Range toys and target pieces are a different topic altogether.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For concealed carry go with the laser grips. They work great add no bulk to the gun And if they malfunction It does not affect the normal operation of the firearm. For general use/hunting, If I only had one It would not have an optic( I cannot imagine that scenario) Just for ease of carry. But you will never realize the accuracy potential of your Handgun without an optic.
    20240317_093552.jpg
    These handguns with scopes are capable of squirrel head accuracy at a 100 yd.. I can hardly see a squirrel head at a 100 yd without a scope. If you cannot see it you cannot hit it.

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I find that with laser grips I am looking for the dot instead of the target. And in bright sunlight? Forget about it.

Sighting in a laser is also a PITA.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I find that with laser grips I am looking for the dot instead of the target. And in bright sunlight? Forget about it.

This is exactly the reason for dots on carry guns. You don't look for sights or dot, you look at your target and the dot will be there when you present the gun to the target. I'm now an older dude and dots on handguns is absolutely the way to go for target pistols or serious EDC guns. Look at all the police departments, military units and competition shooters. Everyone is going to dots on pistols. I'm way faster with a dot. It takes time to get used to the transition but for me well worth the investment in time to be a faster more accurate shooter.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Try green lasers in sunlight they work great, The Down side They draw more energy so your battery does not last as long. As far as lasers being a pain to adjust... Now we're going down a rabbit hole. We are use to the adjustments on our rifle scopes, They are set up to move The point of impact of the bullet. In reality you are moving the cross hairs to the impact of the bullet. The adjustments on the average rifle scope are actually labeled backwards. A good example of this when China first started making rifle scopes for the US market Everybody was sending them back The Chinese did not know to set the controls up backwards. Most red dots and all lasers that I have Worked with The controls are set up to move the dot or laser point to the bullet Impact point. They are not labeled backwards.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom