• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I normally am up to date on this subject and last I read open carry law in FL was dead. Event though there are political adds from politicians running for office that say they started and supported open carry. My understanding is it was all done by grassroots efforts to motivate politicians and stop Florida government infringing on individual rights. My question, were the politicians claiming false credit or is it legal to open carry and I missed the change?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    open carry is not legal in Fl, it was traded away years ago, when, for a short time, it was legal..the liberals lost their minds over it, and the conservatives caved in, to allow concealed carry with a permit instead.

Missouri can teach us all a lesson, like alaska

lonesouth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    it died at the feet of a POS in miami dade who was the gate keeper for the legislation to be heard on the floor.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The gate keeper was a republican? Was he voted into office as a conservative?
    It appears I an keeping up that Open Carry is dead. I just didn't know the details

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Auth OC in Fl :
    (h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;

Florida*statute 790.25(3).

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Republican Senate Judiciary Chairman Miguel Diaz de la Portilla

Florida Open Carry Bill – Plug Pulled, It’s Dead

If anyone is in his district, make sure he's voted out this time.
    Better a dang Democrat than a RHINO, at least you've got half a chance to motivate a dumb Dem...
    it's simple, you either bribe 'em like a Clinton, or show 'em where the votes are for being Pro-2A.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I think Portella RINO's are term limited so they may be gone after the up coming election.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Made a basic blog post with some basic info.

www.FreeAmericanNational.blogspot.com

Portilla was a piece of crap. Wouldn't allow debate, no vote, refused to even meet with proponents of the bill. And don't forget he also screwed us on the campus carry bill too. Refused to allow debate or hold a vote on it.

Portilla was replaced by a democrat, which is still better than he is. At least that democrat won't be the judiciary committee chair.

For the "just vote R every time" people here, there was a democrat senator who lost to a republican in another part of the state. Republicans still hold the majority in the senate, 25-10. So that ought to make the loyal party butt boys happy. Hopefully the new R doesn't act like the other R, Portilla. That remains to be seen though, since republicans tend to be lying, snakes.

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And their fmily and friends?

I don't know. Maybe. If their family and friends are involved in the lies being told. Bitch McConnell is one of the lyingest snakes in DC, but I haven't heard from any of his family members. John Boehner was a piece of crap, but I never heard from his wife. Portilla was the worst Republican in the Florida legislature, but I never saw any statements from his wife or kids. Just him.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    All politicians tend to be liars but that's the name of the game. They promise to fight for something but wind up compromising on part if not all of what they said they would do. They have good intentions sometimes but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I don't know. Maybe. If their family and friends are involved in the lies being told. Bitch McConnell is one of the lyingest snakes in DC, but I haven't heard from any of his family members. John Boehner was a piece of crap, but I never heard from his wife. Portilla was the worst Republican in the Florida legislature, but I never saw any statements from his wife or kids. Just him.

Do you harbor the same feelings with respect to democrats?

Top Bottom