• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm just sitting back wondering when all this will finally come to a halt? When will the citizens actually rise up?.....

Last edited:

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It won't. We will die a slow and agonizing death as gun owners. We saw in the other thread about "how scary it is to see open carry", by gun owners.

We as gun owners are so divided in our own ranks, we will never pull together. Gun owners say all the time, well I only have "hunting rifles", so why does it matter if they ban an AR platform. Well I conceal carry so Open Carry shouldn't be allowed or done, even though it's 100% legal.

Don't exercise your rights, because it might offend/scare someone. That's how our gun rights will die off.

Doc

PS: and it funny these officials that people keep electing that are making these laws will always be re-elected because they give out welfare, phones and free housing. So they effectively control the population, since more than 50% of Americans now are on one form or another of government assistance.

Imagine that population control.........and people said it would never happen in this country. Wake up it happened. Like many others said, "it won't happen overnight, but in a little at a time". Just like boiling a lobster, you slowly turn up the heat and they will never notice.

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Doc, a lot of people On assistance need it. It's designed that way. People who set minimum wage do so calculating ebt, housing assistance, etc. with wages. It saves corporations money, and as you say may keep certain officials in office.
    As far as fighting for rights, ill stand by my comments in the airport thread. We can either stand together and be heard, or let the NRA do all the heavy lifting.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It won't. We will die a slow and agonizing death as gun owners. We saw in the other thread about "how scary it is to see open carry", by gun owners.

We as gun owners are so divided in our own ranks, we will never pull together. Gun owners say all the time, well I only have "hunting rifles", so why does it matter if they ban an AR platform. Well I conceal carry so Open Carry shouldn't be allowed or done, even though it's 100% legal.

Don't exercise your rights, because it might offend/scare someone. That's how our gun rights will die off.

Doc

PS: and it funny these officials that people keep electing that are making these laws will always be re-elected because they give out welfare, phones and free housing. So they effectively control the population, since more than 50% of Americans now are on one form or another of government assistance.

Imagine that population control.........and people said it would never happen in this country. Wake up it happened. Like many others said, "it won't happen overnight, but in a little at a time". Just like boiling a lobster, you slowly turn up the heat and they will never notice.
    Doc you nailed it square on the head. Especially the PS part. Also the people that elect those politicans/officals only care about that check that comes in. Like you said when more than 50% are on the government assistance it is only expected for them to keep voting for who supports it. Now granted their is the minority that actually need it. Maybe one day all or the majority of firearm owners will wake up and stop fighting each other about conceal carry, open carry, or what ever political issue it is and actually stand together. Because in all reality every permit, mag restriction, state compliant firearms, only being able to have semi auto firearms, armor piercing it is all unconstitutional. No one cares and it is a sad thing. If we just keep complaining and not doing anything the next time we turn around our firearms will be gone. Then probsably the next right will be our 1st amendment....... Sad reality. You have non law abiding citizens standing up for what they believe in (rioters) and then law abiding citizens sitting on the side lines watching.

Last edited:

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Doc, a lot of people On assistance need it. It's designed that way. People who set minimum wage do so calculating ebt, housing assistance, etc. with wages. It saves corporations money, and as you say may keep certain officials in office.
    As far as fighting for rights, ill stand by my comments in the airport thread. We can either stand together and be heard, or let the NRA do all the heavy lifting.

Or do both?.... The NRA does do the heavy work with the feds but who does the heavy work at the state level? When you have these states passing unconstitutional laws..... It is the citizens job.

Last edited:

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

But the problem is we ARENT standing together. If we were, there would be 80 million people knocking on the White House door. If we stood together, then seeing this guy in the airport would be normal. We have over time given up our rights a little at a time. We have done so with all of this knee jerk reaction to a few bad apples and their actions. We allow our gun rights to be chipped away by legislation that voice the opinion of the few, not many. We allow these "politicians" to make laws on things they have no clue or understanding about. The media doesn't help in these matters either, when they don't call them out on their nonsense. I've written countless emails to the news outlets when they don't call them out for it. I NEVER get a response. I email my elected "leaders" I get back a generic email that does nothing.

We are seeing certain types of ammo banned because they are made of lead, doesn't lead come from the earth? We recently saw a certain type of bullet almost get banned because it had a small piece of steel in it. We already have seen another bullet get banned for the same reason. We have zones where we can't carry a gun at all. Now they want to censor free speech talking about guns.

The reason I brought up the federal aid is because we for the first time in history, have more people getting some form of assistance from the Feds than are getting a paycheck from private companies. That doesn't bode well with me. Now everything is done electronically controlled. Imagine that they could turn off your account and such if you owned a gun or talked about guns on the Internet. Yes some people need it, but what is that ratio to people that use it as a career?

Where do we draw OUR line in the sand?

When do we truly unite on our cause......after they finally ban all guns?

Doc

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What I ment Brandon, is we can't Soley rely on the NRA. Bloomberg has bigger pockets. Brady is louder. Politicians defiantly listen to the first and are supposed to listen to the second. I can't help outspend bloomberg but maybe we can at least be heard.

Doc, it is an interesting and significant fact. My brother points out that among people in the 20-35 year old demograph, working for a big company is better than self employment, and working for the government is viewed as ultimate. It's a changing of the times. This isn't just "democrats" either, I have plenty of conservatives bug me weekly abou going federal, state or gs.( And honestly it makes sense in a way... Pay, benefits, performance expectation, job security.... I've actually been putting serious thought to it latley.)

Now, onto the original article.... I've actually been hearing a lot lately on npr about online accessible information, usage etc. basically the gist I get is a whole lotta people feel our laws and regulations involving the internet are pretty dated, from an era where the internet was not what it currently is.
    Is it complicated? Probably. Is the internet essentially free speech, much like a newspaper, magazine, book series or even open discussion between face to face individuals? Absolutely. Now what about people from different countries access material that citizens can exchange but cannons be exported? What about copyright infringement? What about libel, slander and interweb bullying?
    Is any of this the presidents job to set up and define regulation? Hell no. His job is to ensure the laws that are passed get enforced. I guess he figures, since he takes the blame for every sideways situation, maybe he's entitled to this behavior. He's not the first president to take these kind of actions, and won't be the last. Our senators and congressmen should be flooding his phone line and email inbox.

Didn't the guy who 3d printed Ar's get hit for this?

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It also kills me seeing what people will unite over...... Like when underarmour came out with Iwo Jima basketball shirt or Pacsun coming out with a shirt that has an upside down flag..... So many veterans and people that supported the military got in an uproar and sent emails, called, spread it all over social media to have that line pulled. But then you never see a single person standing together to help out the ones they support. Military goes over to fight a political war, comes back gets treated like a door mat and it seems like the support stops after they get home. It is up to that individual military personnel to cope back to civilian life. Anyways that is off topic but had to rant for a second because it is just another group of people that do not stand together even though we are all "brothers and sisters". Yeah he isn't the first president and won't be the last but we allow this to happen. We allow over government to be corrupted. I know both of those statements are far fetched but it is true. Didn't the people that organized the government state that government is suppose to fear the citizens not the other way around or united we stand divided we fall kind of thing.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Maxman, I wasn't trying to bring the other post into this one. Just one issue where we can't unite on even, versus gun control as a whole. I'm just frustrated along with many others as how our country is getting to be like these nations we go to war to free from oppressing leaders/dictators. It seems nowadays everyone wants big brother in their homes because they "feel" safer. It's not their job to protect individuals, it's our own job to protect ourselves. And you can't do that against people or a government meant to do you harm without a gun.......

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sorry if I derailed, a whole lot of these issues are interconnected in my view. And don't feel alone in your frustration: there's a whole lot if us that feel it, about this issue, and others.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yes you are right Maxman. Just wish a lot of us had done something, before we got to this point in time.

It's a lot harder to win back rights that have already been taken away.

Doc

devildog83

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Doc you nailed it square on the head. Especially the PS part. Also the people that elect those politicans/officals only care about that check that comes in. Like you said when more than 50% are on the government assistance it is only expected for them to keep voting for who supports it. Now granted their is the minority that actually need it. Maybe one day all or the majority of firearm owners will wake up and stop fighting each other about conceal carry, open carry, or what ever political issue it is and actually stand together. Because in all reality every permit, mag restriction, state compliant firearms, only being able to have semi auto firearms, armor piercing it is all unconstitutional. No one cares and it is a sad thing. If we just keep complaining and not doing anything the next time we turn around our firearms will be gone. Then probsably the next right will be our 1st amendment....... Sad reality. You have non law abiding citizens standing up for what they believe in (rioters) and then law abiding citizens sitting on the side lines watching.

Spoken all to well, to many taking and not enough giving back. While everyone is worried about themselves they are selling us all Short

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Devil dog, that mentality was actually sold to me by a union rep( of all people) at my first real job.

devildog83

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Devil dog, that mentality was actually sold to me by a union rep( of all people) at my first real job.
    Not all union reps are bad, I know a few that work hard to keep the playing field fair. Sounds like he might have been one of the good ones.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    She was a scumbag, but lookin back she was looking out for her coworkers.
    Also, im a scumbag, so there's that.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom