• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I enjoyed meeting and shooting with you guys, Brant thanks for the invite. Let me know when you guys want to meet up again, I will be sending my application in asap!

You're very welcome. I enjoyed it as well. I posted a new thread in the "At the Range" section. We can use that thread to schedule meet-ups, if y'all want.

bamachem

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guys. I'm also interested in meeting up. A buddy and I are both FFL holders, and he has his Class III SOT with some other toys as well. I only have a Spectre II right now but plan to add my Class III SOT in July when renewals come around. We are both members of FOP 43 so meeting to shoot there would be great - and it doesn't hurt that I'm about a 1/2-mile away. If any of you want to get together and try some suppressed 22LR, let me know. I have two handguns and two long guns set up. BYOAmmo though!

Andy

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hey guys. I'm also interested in meeting up. A buddy and I are both FFL holders, and he has his Class III SOT with some other toys as well. I only have a Spectre II right now but plan to add my Class III SOT in July when renewals come around. We are both members of FOP 43 so meeting to shoot there would be great - and it doesn't hurt that I'm about a 1/2-mile away. If any of you want to get together and try some suppressed 22LR, let me know. I have two handguns and two long guns set up. BYOAmmo though!

Andy

That sounds great! I've started this thread in the "At the Range" section, but we might need to start a new one in the "Events and Meet-Ups" section.

http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?9412-Fairhope-FOP-Range

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was going to talk to the GMs at our Sector they shoot at the FOP range for qualification. Don't think I qualify for membership otherwise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

bamachem

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think they only rent to an agency or group that will have a qualified firearms instructor on-site. My brother is a FBI-certified firearms instructor and local LEO who might be interested in some shooting competitions. If it looks like you might get something together I can check with him to see if he's available/interested in being the range master during the shoot. Maybe have participants kick a few bucks each his way to cover his time.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've been missing out on shooting with you guys... Maybe next time I'll check the forum in time.

I can send you a PM next time I go, but it will be at least 3 weeks before I get back there. JGH typically posts in the "At the Range" section when he goes and Garpo has been there the last 3 weekends when I've been there. ilintner will probably have his membership by the time I get back in town, also. I just wish it weren't so doggone hot. You end up looking right into the morning sun, so maybe I'll try going in the afternoon next time.

Good news is my new turret press was delivered today so it will be a little quicker to pump out some ammo in the future. The last 3 weekends have depleted some of my stockpile. I guess that's one of the drawbacks of having a range within 5 minutes of my house and not having to pay a each time I go.

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So everyone is shooting at the FOP range in Fairhope? I sent off for my membership last week.
    Like Tennjeep, I'm about 5 minutes from the FOP range. $50 a year is a bargain. If you figure $10 per visit at a range, I've allready made up for my $50 in the first 3 months I've been a member.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    has this lost interest?

I have, at least for the moment. I simply don't have time right now and probably won't until after hunting season.

I think it's dead :Cry:

I don't know very much about IDPA, but I'm not sure that the FOP range is big enough to accommodate a lot of the stages I've seen shown on TV.

Does anyone know of any other options for a range?

Blackeyes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd still love to do it, but if the FOP range in Fairtopia is handgun only, I'd rather find something that would be suited for rifle/shotgun also. Where are you guys that are doing comps landing at the moment?

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have, at least for the moment. I simply don't have time right now and probably won't until after hunting season.

I don't know very much about IDPA, but I'm not sure that the FOP range is big enough to accommodate a lot of the stages I've seen shown on TV.

Does anyone know of any other options for a range?

Someone that a FOP member find out if the FOP range will even let us shoot IDPA there I know you think it's too small but we don't have to set up large stages and if it's a small group of shooters you could set up one stage at a time.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm still interested, but nobody has taken the reigns on it yet...

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We don't even have to shoot IDPA sanctioned matches we can set up our own stages or shoot speed steel or dueling trees. I think it would be fun to start our own club chip in money get the stuff and burn some ammo

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We don't even have to shoot IDPA sanctioned matches we can set up our own stages or shoot speed steel or dueling trees. I think it would be fun to start our own club chip in money get the stuff and burn some ammo

I asked about dueling trees and Al Jordan told me they were not allowed.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I asked about dueling trees and Al Jordan told me they were not allowed.

This is why I don't like gun ranges, if I had to shoot on a range all the time I would sell most of my guns. Heck back in the day we use to drink beer throw our cans in the creek and shoot them until they sank. Fun times if you have never done that then you're not living.

Latest posts

Top Bottom