• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Some members, mostly newbeys, posting what they are looking for on the WTB Forum, but in so many words saying that they don't want to pay a fair price for it, or pay the going price for it. This is an exaggeration, but not by much, "I want a Colt Python, but not willing to pay more than the three hundred dollars that it cost new. Ain't paying three thousand for a used gun". LOL. Give me a break. Delusional, that's what smoking that crack will do to you. Move on.

Fng1911

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Whoever owns the product sets the price they would sell. Let’s be realistic for a few. Used guns would sell $50-$150 below what you paid for it. This isn’t towards any member or post just examples. A used P320 selling for the same or more than what you can buy off line is kinda ridiculous. I was looking to buy a used P320 Legion. During the scamdimic used on this forum they still sold between $875-1100. New prices are $899-$1000. I’ve received messages saying they wouldn’t sell it under $1000 which is their decision. I’ll just buy a NEW one at that price.

However, a few reason why I think people would pay more than new prices, desire for that Gun (Colt revolver) unable to own a gun, or they have money burning a hole in their pocket.

Either way, we are a small 2A community that used to look after one another, want to help each other, wether it’s training, ammo (I know it’s limited), good deals, grab a drink, or just go to the range, whatever it’s gone away. We are supposed to be a tight click especially if SHTF. This scamdemic has turned so many people into greedy people with blinders on, out to make a buck. That’s not why I wanted to be in the 2A community, Camaraderie is why, trust, friendship, competition, and fun times. So the new members (which I’m sure they are new to this forum doesn’t mean they are new to firearms). Just my 2 cents

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some new members assume that anyone selling an item is either poor or in a bind of some sort. I find that to usually be an incorrect assumption. Many of the established members are neither, they just enjoy collecting and shooting different types of firearms and sell something to buy something new. many collectors have a budget for their hobby and try to keep their total expenditure under a certain dollar amount. I know for a fact that several of the members here own collections that approach a hundred thousand dollars in value. I have a hard time imagining any of them being in any kind of a Financial bind.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I like it when people post “not gonna pay stupid prices” when the going prices at the moment are indeed stupid.
    That tells me not to bother with them. They are just looking for a bargain, probably to flip.
    I’ve seen several ads looking for something I’ve got but didn’t bother when he posted the “stupid price” caveat.
    I did contact a member about an accessory he was looking for. He made me an honest offer and I sold it to him.
    If he had come back with a BS offer I wouldn’t have answered him.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am not going to dick around with anyone so most of the time if the item meets my price point I buy it. That being said I won’t pay more than I know what I can buy it for considerations include travel and what tax might be added if buying from a shop. I am like everyone else we all like a good deal but we are not going to be taken either. Same applys for selling an item there are some on here that think the rest of us are stupid so they try to take every advantage of you that they can.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Well guys, you know we are a band of brothers, a tight clique , always looking out for each others best interest, raising a glass or two on a Saturday night together, so I am going to give much consideration to both of your very fair and reasonable offers. :)

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Well guys, you know we are a band of brothers, at tight click, always looking out for each others best interest, raising a glass or two on a Saturday night together, so I am going to give much consideration to both of your very fair and reasonable offers. :)
    3rds!!

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I'm always torn between listing $20 over what I want, just so I have room when I get the inevitable offers under asking; or asking what I want and just rejecting all offers that don't meet that. :)

Upwardflight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree with FNG's point, I'm relatively new here but I'm not too encouraged to visit the Sell forums due to the sheer audacity to try and sell used weapons for 125%-200% their actual new cost! Just looked at a guy selling a Glock at when I looked it up, 160% the cost of new. Another guy selling an AR Lower, with mismatched parts for $350, when you get the same with matching parts (and new) for sub $200. (PSA)

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I agree with FNG's point, I'm relatively new here but I'm not too encouraged to visit the Sell forums due to the sheer audacity to try and sell used weapons for 125%-200% their actual new cost! Just looked at a guy selling a Glock at when I looked it up, 160% the cost of new. Another guy selling an AR Lower, with mismatched parts for $350, when you get the same with matching parts (and new) for sub $200. (PSA)
    Yeah but don't forget, sales tax, shipping and transfer fee on the " internet" deals... granted not 160% markup but getting damm close. I've been trying for months to get a KT P17 for the "retail price" of $199.00. Not gonna happen.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    $20?, ya mean $200.....:)
    Hey man, my stuff is Gold. Its everyone else that has trash. :p

Yeah but don't forget, sales tax, shipping and transfer fee on the " internet" deals... granted not 160% markup but getting damm close. I've been trying for months to get a KT P17 for the "retail price" of $199.00. Not gonna happen.
    Iv defiantly been guilty of this before. Sales Tax and Shipping can really make those ammo "deals" not that great. :)

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Part of the issue not being addressed is people buying and selling for profit. If bought with the intention to sell, your "dealing" and need an FFL. I get bored of stuff and want the new shiny! I ALWAYS ask if thats the best price they have, and ya'll that have dealt with me know that if it is, I don't argue! I have become friends with a lot of you nut jobs and am better for knowing you all. The moderators here do an excellent job on keeping things tidy and I thank them for that. We as supporters need to be flexible with the newbs as they are mostly of a like mind too. In the meantime, who has the best offer on that python? I have 25 rounds of steel case Monarch .223, 13 rounds of 000 buck 12ga shells and a box of cci vipers to offer in trade...

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Part of the issue not being addressed is people buying and selling for profit. If bought with the intention to sell, your "dealing" and need an FFL. I get bored of stuff and want the new shiny! I ALWAYS ask if thats the best price they have, and ya'll that have dealt with me know that if it is, I don't argue! I have become friends with a lot of you nut jobs and am better for knowing you all. The moderators here do an excellent job on keeping things tidy and I thank them for that. We as supporters need to be flexible with the newbs as they are mostly of a like mind too. In the meantime, who has the best offer on that python? I have 25 rounds of steel case Monarch .223, 13 rounds of 000 buck 12ga shells and a box of cci vipers to offer in trade...
    You guys keep tempting me, lol.

Fng1911

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    But you don’t get any kind of warranty with your purchase. I’m like a lot of others on this forum. I buy a lot of stuff, sell stuff also, but maybe I just missing the point of this whole conversation. You want to sell a used product (not particularly you) I’m willing to buy the USED product at used prices not new. A Glock 19 sells for $500-550 retail. ($400 blue label)Plus tax, $535-$585, you want to turn around and sell it for $600? It’s cool because I have 3 mags with it!?! It’s like the guy that just bought the Springfield XD SC for $280. Really really Great deal, but turn around and sold it for $300 the next day. WTH really all for $20 bucks vs just telling the original guy I’ll pass. I feel better lol,

I have a 19” tube tv that I’ll trade for that Colt!!!

Reactions: Ron
    Top Bottom