HD Tactical

Obama is attacking veteran's gun rights....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    You're surprised?

Would one expect them to go after LEO/Ret LEO next?

Anyone with firearm training?

Anyone that might be a proponent of the 2A? Disagree with the govt? Believe in the Constitution?

tin-foil-officesm.jpg

Last edited:

Telum Pisces

Master
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...rohibiting-ownership-or-purchase-of-firearms/

Now veterans with PTSD and mental health issues will be thrown in jail for exercising their second amendment rights....

Not saying that this is what everyone is doing, but I have seen some first hand myself. A lot of veterans quickly jumped on the bandwagon to claim PTSD in order to get the gravy train of money coming. Now that it's going to affect them in another way other than receiving money, they cry foul. Again, not saying that this is going on a lot or that it's a lot of people etc...

Honestly, if you have "TRUE" PTSD where it affects your everyday life and you cannot function as a normal person could because of PTSD, I don't want you to own a firearm either. Not saying that PTSD does not exist. But I bet a lot of people don't try to get diagnosed with PTSD if it affects them owning a firearm. PTSD is a "MENTAL" dissorder. Why should we allow someone with a "MENTAL" dissorder to own a firearm?????

A veteran deserves all the respect and benefits that they deserve. But if you went to war and can't handle the effects afterward, I am sorry, either man up or get treatment. It is definately not the military of the past. Suck it up you panzys. Sorry just a pet peave of mine as I work day in and day out with today's military. We didn't grow into the greatest country and military by being soft. Now days, instead of washing out the weakest links we are sending them to the front line and they can't handle it after coming back.

Just my $0.02

Last edited:

Milesvdustin

Expert
    The problem I have with it is people who need help won't get it. The people who lied about PTSD and other problems to get paid, well, they made their bed and now they can lie in it.

Scrooge

Marksman
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...rohibiting-ownership-or-purchase-of-firearms/

Now veterans with PTSD and mental health issues will be thrown in jail for exercising their second amendment rights....

I keep advising my buds to be very careful in how they talk with the VA docs! Have a friend who has really screwed himself if this gets pushed - and his claim goes back to VietNam. Got to be careful but if a warrior needs treatment, by all means get it! VA records have always scared me....

bayonet_53

Expert
    Not saying that this is what everyone is doing, but I have seen some first hand myself. A lot of veterans quickly jumped on the bandwagon to claim PTSD in order to get the gravy train of money coming. Now that it's going to affect them in another way other than receiving money, they cry foul. Again, not saying that this is going on a lot or that it's a lot of people etc...

Honestly, if you have "TRUE" PTSD where it affects your everyday life and you cannot function as a normal person could because of PTSD, I don't want you to own a firearm either. Not saying that PTSD does not exist. But I bet a lot of people don't try to get diagnosed with PTSD if it affects them owning a firearm. PTSD is a "MENTAL" dissorder. Why should we allow someone with a "MENTAL" dissorder to own a firearm?????

A veteran deserves all the respect and benefits that they deserve. But if you went to war and can't handle the effects afterward, I am sorry, either man up or get treatment. It is definately not the military of the past. Suck it up you panzys. Sorry just a pet peave of mine as I work day in and day out with today's military. We didn't grow into the greatest country and military by being soft. Now days, instead of washing out the weakest links we are sending them to the front line and they can't handle it after coming back.

Just my $0.02

When I left active duty in 2006, the medical dept. was pushing PTSD heavily especailly for guys seperating from the service. They claimed it was disability payments for life. A lot of guys jumped on the bandwagon getting anywhere from 5-80% disability. I didn't do it because I felt it was morally wrong. It is a shame what is happening to our veterans.

Scrooge

Marksman
    When I left active duty in 2006, the medical dept. was pushing PTSD heavily especailly for guys seperating from the service. They claimed it was disability payments for life. A lot of guys jumped on the bandwagon getting anywhere from 5-80% disability. I didn't do it because I felt it was morally wrong. It is a shame what is happening to our veterans.

Agree bayonet! Feel the same way...

Medic

Marksman
    God forbid what they plan to do with current serving Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen & Marines who are suffering from PTSD... They will try to make a Do Not Arm order or something and keep them from being able to carry a weapon. For some MOS' that is career death.

Top Bottom