• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    FeehbrttSurrarrpySmo d8n Sussaidtrrs 6:eek:3r7S PhMendiel ·
    Super Bowl Sunday from a Marine Corps Colonel in Afghanistan:

"So with all the kindness I can muster, I give this one piece of advice to the next pop star who is asked to sing the national anthem at a sporting event: save the vocal gymnastics and the physical gyrations for your concerts. Just sing this song the way you were taught to sing it in kindergarten - straight up, no styling "Sing it with the constant awareness that there are soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines watching you from bases and outposts all over the world. Don't make them cringe with your self-centered ego gratification. Sing it as if you are standing before a row of 96-year-old WWII vets wearing their Purple Hearts, Silver Stars and flag pins on their cardigans and you want them to be proud of you for honoring them and the country they love - not because you want them to think you are a superstar musician. They could see that from your costume, makeup and your entourage. Sing 'The Star Spangled Banner' with the courtesy and humility that tells the audience that it is about America, not you. And please not everything needs to be spunked up! We’re getting a little weary of that. Francis Scott Key does not need any help." Semper Fi

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Super sad part is,most Americans don't care how it is sung. The attitude nowadays is - -> "THEY HAVE THE RIGHT".
    How am I supposed to stand proud and listen to this crap ?? And BTW - -> all big sports can kiss my ass. Their sponsors also. I might start watching for the commercials when they "allow" Rem,Win,Ruger,and the like,to show up. Same with them premadonnas at NASCAR.
    YMMV. --- SAWMAN

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Not playing the national anthem? If it's not for you, maybe you shouldn't be here. Be proud of who you are but respect the soldiers that give you the right!

Rick Richter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FeehbrttSurrarrpySmo d8n Sussaidtrrs 6:eek:3r7S PhMendiel ·
    Super Bowl Sunday from a Marine Corps Colonel in Afghanistan:

"So with all the kindness I can muster, I give this one piece of advice to the next pop star who is asked to sing the national anthem at a sporting event: save the vocal gymnastics and the physical gyrations for your concerts. Just sing this song the way you were taught to sing it in kindergarten - straight up, no styling "Sing it with the constant awareness that there are soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines watching you from bases and outposts all over the world. Don't make them cringe with your self-centered ego gratification. Sing it as if you are standing before a row of 96-year-old WWII vets wearing their Purple Hearts, Silver Stars and flag pins on their cardigans and you want them to be proud of you for honoring them and the country they love - not because you want them to think you are a superstar musician. They could see that from your costume, makeup and your entourage. Sing 'The Star Spangled Banner' with the courtesy and humility that tells the audience that it is about America, not you. And please not everything needs to be spunked up! We’re getting a little weary of that. Francis Scott Key does not need any help." Semper Fi

Rick Richter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now just where does this supposedly "Colonel" post these transcribed beliefs to ? He has enjoyed incredible massive coverage all over the damn Internet . What blog, agency or sponsors does he answer to? The massive spreading of what I believe is totally bogus crap however well written is for the consumption to the ignorant ,mis-informed but well meaning audience is a most dishonorable act.
    If it matters. I agree as a 20 yr. disabled military veteran 100% with the content & wish I could be the gifted author. I would of at least give it the courtesy of a signature. It just isn't right! Just me?

Top Bottom