• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    King Henry V, when his army had been reduced to a small band of tired,weary & wounded men at Agincourt said this to rally his men, to remind them there were not mercenaries, but a band of brothers.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother
    And gentlemen in england, now a-bed
    Shall think themselves accursed they were not here;
    And hold their manhoods cheap while any speaks
    That fought with us.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    “We have two parties here, and only two. One is the evil party, and the other is the stupid party. I'm very proud to be a member of the stupid party. Occasionally, the two parties get together to do something that's both evil and stupid. That's called bipartisanship." M. Stanton Evans

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If you don't read the newspaper
    you are uninformed, if you do
    read the newspaper you are
    misinformed. -- Mark Twain

3. Suppose you were an idiot. And
    suppose you were a member of
    Congress. But then I repeat
    myself. -- Mark Twain

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The Democrat Party is the world's most successful hate group.It attracts poor people who hate rich people, black people who hate white people,gay people who hate straight people,feminists who hate men,environmentalists who hate the internal combustion engine,and a lot of bratty college kids who hate their parents. However, the real secret of the success is that it attracts the support of journalists who hate republicans,and who therefore work tirelessly to convince the rest of us that we should vote Democrats.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You have to persuade yourself that you absolutely don't care what happens. If you don't care, you've won. I absolutely promise you, in every serious negotiation, the man or woman who doesn't care is going to win.

Felix Dennis

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- President Ronald Reagan

*”I will not cede more power to the state. I will not willingly cede more power to anyone, not to the state, not to General Motors, not to the CIO. I will hoard my power like a miser, resisting every effort to drain it away from me. I will then use my power, as I see fit. I mean to live my life an obedient man, but obedient to God, subservient to the wisdom of my ancestors; never to the authority of political truths arrived at yesterday at the voting booth. That is a program of sorts, is it not? It is certainly program enough to keep*conservatives busy, and Liberals at bay. And the nation free.”

—William F. Buckley Jr.

"Liberals want to regulate just about everything: where we live, what fuels we use, what car we drive, whether we can drive or be forced to use government mass transit, where we send our kids to school, what doctor we see, and even to what extent we express our approval or disapproval of others’ lifestyles. It’s hard to find something liberals don’t want to regulate. Is that a world you want to live in?”*

—David Strom

"At such a time in history, we who are free must proclaim anew our faith. This faith is the abiding creed of our fathers. It is our faith in the deathless dignity of man, governed by eternal moral and natural laws. This faith defines our full view of life. It establishes, beyond debate, those gifts of the Creator that are man’s inalienable rights, and that make all men equal in His sight. "

—Dwight D. Eisenhower

"And if we elect a government that subverts or weakens or ends our war against terrorism, we can count on this: We will soon face enemies that will make 9/11 look like stubbing our toe, and they will attack us with the confidence and determination that come from knowing that we don’t have the will to sustain a war all the way to the end."

- Orson Scott Card

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

-Samuel Adams

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thomas Jefferson

His Portrait is on the Two $2.00
    Dollar Bill.

This is amazing.
    There are two parts.
    Be sure to read
    the 2nd part in RED .

Thomas Jefferson was a very remarkable man who started
    learning very early in life and never stopped.

At 5, began studying under his cousin's tutor..

At 9, studied Latin, Greek and French.

At 14, studied classical literature and additional languages.

At 16, entered the College of William and Mary..
    Also could write in Greek with one hand
    while writing the same in Latin with the other.

At 19, studied Law for 5 years starting under George Wythe.

At 23, started his own law practice.

At 25, was elected to the Virginia House of Burgesses.

At 31, wrote the widely circulated "Summary View of the Rights of British America " And
    retired from his law practice.

At 32, was a delegate to the Second Continental Congress.

At 33, wrote the Declaration of Independence .

At 33, took three years to revise Virginia's legal code and wrote a Public Education
    bill and a statute for Religious Freedom.

At 36, was elected the second Governor of Virginia succeeding Patrick Henry.

At 40, served in congress for two years.

At 41, was the American minister to France and
    negotiated commercial treaties with European nations along with
    Ben Franklin and John Adams..

At 46, served as the first Secretary of State
    under George Washington.

At 53, served as Vice President and was elected
    president of the American Philosophical Society.

At 55, drafted the Kentucky Resolutions and
    became the active head of Republican Party.

At 57, was elected the third president of the
    United States.

At 60, obtained the Louisiana Purchase doubling
    the nation's size.

At 61, was elected to a second term as President.

At 65, retired to Monticello ..

At 80, helped President Monroe shape the
    Monroe Doctrine.

At 81, almost Single-handedly created the University of Virginia and served as its first
    president.

At 83, died on the 50th anniversary of the Signing of the Declaration of Independence along
    with John Adams.

Thomas Jefferson knew because he himself studied the previous failed attempts at government.
    He understood actual history, the nature of God, His laws and the nature
    of man. That happens to be way more than what most understand today.

Jefferson really knew his stuff.

A voice from the past to lead us in the future:

John F. Kennedy held a dinner in the White House for a group of the brightest minds
    in the nation at that time. He made this statement: "This is perhaps
    the assembly of the most intelligence ever to gather at one time in
    the White House with the exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined
    alone."

"When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall
    become as corrupt as Europe ."
    --
    Thomas
    Jefferson

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those= who are
    willing to work and give to those who would not."
    --
    Thomas
    Jefferson

"It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes.
    A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world."
    --
    Thomas
    Jefferson

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
    from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
    --
    Thomas
    Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government
    results from too much government."
    --
    Thomas
    Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    --
    Thomas
    Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a
    last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    --
    Thomas
    Jefferson

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the
    blood of patriots and tyrants."
    --
    Thomas
    Jefferson

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he
    disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
    --
    Thomas
    Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than
    standing armies.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their
    currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the
    banks and corporations that will grow up around
    the banks will deprive the people of all property - until
    their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers
    conquered."

I wish we could get this out to every American!

I'm doing my part.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is amazing, knowing their personal histories, is that 10 of the founders could be in one room together without killing each other, much less agreeing on any document.
    Ed

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.
    Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Some people with the intent to erase history would declare that racist, want to destroy all the statues and historical monuments, dig him and his wife from their graves for relocation in unmarked graves. Some of the politicians would support it too, we know who they are.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    “Stupidity is a more dangerous enemy of the good than malice. … Evil always carries within itself the germ of its own subversion in that it leaves behind in human beings at least a sense of unease. Against stupidity we are defenseless. Neither protests nor the use of force accomplish anything here; reasons fall on deaf ears; facts that contradict one’s prejudgment simply need not be believed — in such moments the stupid person even becomes critical — and when facts are irrefutable they are just pushed aside as inconsequential, as incidental. In all this the stupid person, in contrast to the malicious one, is utterly self-satisfied…”
    -Dietrich Bonhoeffer (1945)

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    “I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
    —Benjamin Franklin (1766)

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is the old story of : Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime. Of course there is a second part, give a man a fish and you create a slave to your distribution orginization, especially if it is the US Government.
    Ed

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    "Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the Field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it."

Woodrow Wilson,The New Freedom (1913)

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    “…We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security….”

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aimed at me from my bosses . . . back in the day. "I really don't care how you do it,just get it done."
    God . . . I loved that statement !! ---SAWMAN

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "I was admittedly a good marksman, yet this was what might be called a 'scratch' shot."
    William "Billy" Dixon
    After dropping an Indian at over 1 mile
    With a 50-90 Sharps
    2nd Battle of Adobe Walls, TX

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    "I was admittedly a good marksman, yet this was what might be called a 'scratch' shot."
    William "Billy" Dixon
    After dropping an Indian at over 1 mile
    With a 50-90 Sharps
    2nd Battle of Adobe Walls, TX

wonder if that was the one where the indian was taunting the fort by lifting his loincloth and showing his butt...

and got hit in the butt....:nono:

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As the story goes Dixon was shooting out of a window in Hanrahan's Bar, a sod building in the 3 building hunter settlement. Dixon was next to William "Bat" Masterson as the Indian, while standing on his horse,s back, on top of the plateau in the distance, was "harassing" the Buffalo hunters..... By whooping, hollering, dancing and "mooning" them. :)
    Ed

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin said conservatives may need to turn to physical violence in order to protect the United States against contemporary liberalism.
    The Republican governor put forth the controversial suggestion after speaking of the “degradation of society” during an impassioned, 15-minute speech at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C., on Saturday. The provocative comments started to gain national attention at the start of this week.
    “America is worth fighting for ideologically. I want us to be able to fight ideologically, mentally, spiritually, economically, so that we don’t have to do it physically. But that may, in fact, be the case,” he told the crowd.
    Bevin suggested that if Democrat Hillary Clinton were elected president, she would set the nation on a dangerous course that might require bloodshed to correct. He told the audience that the “candle” of liberty might go out “on our watch.”
    To hammer home his point, he paraphrased a famous quote from Founding Father Thomas Jefferson: “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
    “Whose blood will be shed? It may be that of those in this room. It might be that of our children and grandchildren. I have nine children,” he said. “It breaks my heart to think that it might be their blood that is needed to redeem something, to reclaim something that we, through our apathy and our indifference, have given away. Don’t let it happen.”

MORE IN LINK. I LIKE THIS GOV.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kentucky-gov-matt-bevin-says-bloodshed-might-be-165058821.html

Last edited:
    Top Bottom