• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Quote by Thomas Paine: “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day,...” “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace; and this single reflection, well applied, is sufficient to awaken every man to duty.”

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Quote by Thomas Paine: “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day,...” “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace; and this single reflection, well applied, is sufficient to awaken every man to duty.”
    My son just turned 17 the other day. I had a minor panic attack, lmao. I thought "my gosh, he's just a kid. Was I so different when I enlisted at 17? They're all just kids getting thrown into the meat grinder of IED's, car bombs, mortars, drone strikes, artillery, etc... nevermind getting shot at." Then I realized, he is very different. At 17 all I had any real experience with as far as "conflict" was a pellet gun, squirrels, hide and seek, NJROTC, building forts in the pasture, Super Mario 1 and Duck Hunt. My son has already shot and familiarized himself with 3x more guns then I ever did on active duty, nevermind the stress inoculation of whooping ass on like 10 different Call of Duty's, winning two out of two games of professional paintball as my sidekick like 4 years ago (with no previous experience and not even getting hit), going thru the outdoor combat towns with SBR laser tag rifles and red dots, bushcrafting all across the state forest here and up north.... Yeah, he's more ready then I ever was at 22, nevermind 17. Kids these days.... Some people say "may God help them". After thinking about it, I say "God help the poor dumb SOB that looks sideways at an American war machine like my son after Uncle Sam unleashes him". As a dad, it's "Mission Accomplished". He's ready to lead, not just survive. May God help these kids. After all that training, they're still just kids.

Last edited:

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    “You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

--Senator John Kerry, 30 October 2006

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    "Years ago, anthropologist Margaret Mead was asked by a student what she considered to be the first sign of civilization in a culture. The student expected Mead to talk about fishhooks or clay pots or grinding stones.

But no. Mead said that the first sign of civilization in an ancient culture was a femur (thighbone) that had been broken and then healed. Mead explained that in the animal kingdom, if you break your leg, you die. You cannot run from danger, get to the river for a drink or hunt for food. You are meat for prowling beasts. No animal survives a broken leg long enough for the bone to heal.

A broken femur that has healed is evidence that someone has taken time to stay with the one who fell, has bound up the wound, has carried the person to safety and has tended the person through recovery. Helping someone else through difficulty is where civilization starts, Mead said."

We are at our best when we serve others. Be civilized.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Lt. Charles Gatewood: – You’re talking about the most perfect fighting machine God ever put on this earth. … An Apache can find water and food to live on for a year in a desert that would kill a white man inside three days. … He can hide on bare ground fifty feet away so well you can’t see him. … He can ride a horse to death, cut a meal from it, and run forty miles on foot at a pace that would kill a cavalry horse. … What you’re talking about, General, is the tiger of the human species.”
    ― Ethan Hawke, Indeh: A Story of the Apache Wars

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Chief Eskiminzin
    Eskiminzin was the Chief of the Arivaipa Indians. His name means "Men Stand in Line for Him". In February of 1871, Eskiminzin was tired of the warpath. He sent five old Apache women to inquire at Camp Grant about peace and protection. Lt. Whitman received the women courteously and worked out an appointed time for a peace talk with their leader. On subsequent meetings, it was arranged for the Indians to stay in wickiups east of Camp Grant. In exchange for protection and food, the Indians would be employed in farming, gathering hay and working for nearby ranches. This worked out well for both the Apaches and the U.S. military. Eskiminzin had a reputation that caused fear among the whites. An account states that about a month after the Camp Grant incident, Eskiminizin wanted to show his fellow Arivaipas that there could be no friendship with the white man. Eskiminzin had a close white friend of many years, a rancher named Charles McKinney. Eskiminzin shared an evening meal with McKinney, and at the conclusion of the meal, the two smoked a cigarette together. Upon finishing, Eskiminzin stood up, pulled a revolver from his pants and shot the man at point-blank range, killing him. When Eskiminzin was later asked about the incident, he was quoted as saying, "Any coward can kill his enemy, but it takes a brave man to kill his friend."

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Judge Moore was sued by the ACLU for displaying the
    Ten Commandments in his courtroom foyer. He has been stripped of his judgeship and now they are trying to strip his right to practice law in Alabama ! The judge's poem sums it up quite well.

America? the beautiful,
    or so you used to be.
    Land of the Pilgrims' pride;
    I'm glad they'll never see.

Babies piled in dumpsters,
    Abortion on demand,
    Oh, sweet land of liberty;
    your house is on the sand.

Our children wander aimlessly
    poisoned by cocaine
    choosing to indulge their lusts,
    when God has said abstain

From sea to shining sea,
    our Nation turns away
    From the teaching of God's love
    and a need to always pray

We've kept God in our
    temples, how callous we have grown.
    When earth is but His footstool,
    and Heaven is His throne.

We've voted in a government
    that's rotting at the core,
    Appointing Godless Judges;
    who throw reason out the door,

Too soft to place a killer
    in a well deserved tomb,
    But brave enough to kill a baby
    before he leaves the womb.

You think that God's not
    angry, that our land's a moral slum?
    How much longer will He wait
    before His judgment comes?

How are we to face our God,
    from Whom we cannot hide?
    What then is left for us to do,
    but stem this evil tide?

If we who are His children,
    will humbly turn and pray;
    Seek His holy face
    and mend our evil way:

Then God will hear from Heaven;
    and forgive us of our sins,
    He'll heal our sickly land
    and those who live within.

But, America the Beautiful,
    If you don't - then you will see,
    A sad but Holy God
    withdraw His hand from Thee..
    ~~Judge Roy Moore~~

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Judge Moore was sued by the ACLU for displaying the
    Ten Commandments in his courtroom foyer. He has been stripped of his judgeship and now they are trying to strip his right to practice law in Alabama ! The judge's poem sums it up quite well.

America? the beautiful,
    or so you used to be.
    Land of the Pilgrims' pride;
    I'm glad they'll never see.

Babies piled in dumpsters,
    Abortion on demand,
    Oh, sweet land of liberty;
    your house is on the sand.

Our children wander aimlessly
    poisoned by cocaine
    choosing to indulge their lusts,
    when God has said abstain

From sea to shining sea,
    our Nation turns away
    From the teaching of God's love
    and a need to always pray

We've kept God in our
    temples, how callous we have grown.
    When earth is but His footstool,
    and Heaven is His throne.

We've voted in a government
    that's rotting at the core,
    Appointing Godless Judges;
    who throw reason out the door,

Too soft to place a killer
    in a well deserved tomb,
    But brave enough to kill a baby
    before he leaves the womb.

You think that God's not
    angry, that our land's a moral slum?
    How much longer will He wait
    before His judgment comes?

How are we to face our God,
    from Whom we cannot hide?
    What then is left for us to do,
    but stem this evil tide?

If we who are His children,
    will humbly turn and pray;
    Seek His holy face
    and mend our evil way:

Then God will hear from Heaven;
    and forgive us of our sins,
    He'll heal our sickly land
    and those who live within.

But, America the Beautiful,
    If you don't - then you will see,
    A sad but Holy God
    withdraw His hand from Thee..
    ~~Judge Roy Moore~~
    He'll get hired by some high and mighty conservatives somewhere and wind up making even more money, guaranteed

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”​

General Douglas MacArthur (1880-1964) is best known for his command over the Allied Forces in the Pacific Theater during WWII. He became the Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army in 1930, and was chosen as military adviser to the Philippines by President Franklin D. Roosevelt

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”​

Samuel Adams
    Samuel Adams

~ Samuel Adams
    (1722-1803), was known as the "Father of the American Revolution."

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    "In every disaster throughout American history, there always seems to be a man from Harvard in the middle of it." -Thomas Sowell

Top Bottom