Patriot Mobile

No more concealed carry in FL theme parks...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It sounds like Disney, Universal Studios, and Sea World are all planning to install metal detectors at the entrances due to terrorism concerns.

So, no more ignoring the no weapons policies and carrying concealed deep cover...

Everyone will be equally a defenseless sheep ready for slaughter going forward.

No plans to go visit anymore anyway.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...-metal-detectors-security-20151217-story.html

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    no more plans for Disney in the future...

that is the ideal place, they will hire cheap muslim labor, who will sneak weapons and shoot the place up...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    They are already firing Americans and hiring people from India to replace them so they are on by boycott list, I have no reason to go. Same with theaters that have cops at the door and turn you away if they frisk you and find a weapon as some are doing. Basically other than the base & VA Clinic I don't go anywhere I cannot be armed.

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you are a gun owner and/or hunter and you haven't already stopped spending money on Disney then you should be ashamed of yourselves. Everything about Disney is anti gun and hunting.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So ill share a little story....

We just recently went to Disney (in laws paid for it). It is true they currently check bags for contraband. Well I had brought my G26 to the park had a couple spare mags in the bag. Well they foumd the spare mags alomg with pocket knife I always carry. The rent a cop at the gate was going apeshit like he had just found a nuke.

Well the real cops came over and asked if I was LE. I said no of course amd hamded them my military ID alomg with my CC license. Cops said no big deal. Took me to one of their security buildings and put the mags and the knife in a locker and I kept the key. I wemt there whem we were done for the night amd they gave them back to me. The cops were really professional about it amd I commemd them.

However I had the glock still on me the whole time. Only had one mag, but still had it. Told them I left it in the hotel room safe and I had just forgotten that the mags were still in the bag.

LOL!

But they were professional about it.

Doc

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Pretty lax by not searching you and a lame story, but at least you were covered. I would have been concerned on a charge if I lied and they found it.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Lame maybe....florida has a statute that you cant be arrested for CC carry because no private business trumps FL state law. Moat they can do is tell you to leave...no loss there for me. Jist would have went back to hotel and have had a few drinks Iinstead.

Talked to the police LT, he stated that they arent antigun. They just are tired of finding guns on rides....thats why they allow you to lock your shit up in a locker.

With the metal detectors....yeah I wont be going back now. I carry everywhere I go these days. Even if its just to run to the gas station 2 min away.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just toss your weapons over the fence like the criminals are going to do.

This is so sad but so true. Unless the facility has a double fence system with electronic surveillance between the fences this is the easiest way to get weapons into a theme park. More sheep for the slaughter.

Idoono

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would have been a great announcement if followed by: All patrons with a valid concealed carry permit will be exempt from scanning and given a 20% discount for helping contribute to the safety and security of our park. We thank you in assuring any criminals who may evade our security at the gate have a high likelihood of facing immediate armed resistance should they attempt to harm our staff or patrons.

rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went a couple weeks ago. Glock 36 IWB and spare mags in the pockets. Annual pass expires in about a month and don't have plans to go back again until I have grand kids and that is a LONG way off.

lonesouth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    lots of discussion on another board that disney is actually crawling with private armed security and they have a swat team(private) at the ready all the time. We all know that disney has its own rules.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    A good private security company that protects nuclear power plants or provides executive security usually pays pretty good. I wish there were more of those around this area

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My understanding is lonesouth is right. I'm a member of another board that focuses on Disney. Their almost their own county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A good private security company that protects nuclear power plants or provides executive security usually pays pretty good. I wish there were more of those around this area

Farley Nuclear Plant in Columbia Alabama. And yes they make me feel very safe there even if I can't carry a gun. And their guards even get to practice....and get paid for it.

Idoono

Top Bottom