• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I guess I need to quick "kicking the can down the road" and submit mine...lol
    ATF reports as of April 30th, 125,000 braced pistol form 1’s have been submitted. Average length of days for approval is 48. With millions of braced pistols out there, I would suspect May will be a busy month for submissions. I would also suspect the possibility of the online system to bog down with many trying to access it at the same time. If YOUR decision is to register, I’d recommend sooner rather than at the last minute. I do know that my DSL connection of 3.3 megabytes download/.25 megabytes upload was too slow to submit my application so I had to uses my daughter’s much faster connection.

I’ve been watching videos reporting on court cases regarding braced pistols. Maybe a final decision in 6-12 months, but in the meantime your ability to register has passed you by. I may be surprised by a quicker outcome, but this is MY opinion and thus my course of action, as I like SBR’s.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    ATF reports as of April 30th, 125,000 braced pistol form 1’s have been submitted. Average length of days for approval is 48. With millions of braced pistols out there, I would suspect May will be a busy month for submissions. I would also suspect the possibility of the online system to bog down with many trying to access it at the same time. If YOUR decision is to register, I’d recommend sooner rather than at the last minute. I do know that my DSL connection of 3.3 megabytes download/.25 megabytes upload was too slow to submit my application so I had to uses my daughter’s much faster connection.

I’ve been watching videos reporting on court cases regarding braced pistols. Maybe a final decision in 6-12 months, but in the meantime your ability to register has passed you by. I may be surprised by a quicker outcome, but this is MY opinion and thus my course of action, as I like SBR’s.
    post pictures of the form 1.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    It’s 4 pages long and prints out rather light on my printer. For example, one page is yes/no questions. Is there a specific part you want? I’ll bring it Sunday.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Here’s a part people have asked about, I.e. the tax stamp block: Since there is no tax, there is no tax stamp. I submitted a closeup of the serial number. The closeup photo did not have the model name in it, but did have SIG SAUER INC showing above it. The MPX model was selected from the drop down menu when filling out the electronic form. In fact, on my four registrations, all makers of the receivers and model names/numbers were in drop down menus, so there was no need for me to write in any additional description info. Even my Joe Bob receiver and model was listed. If your receiver was home made, I’m confident you’d have to write in info and provide photos.

10E76509-1FA7-4EBC-9765-A55F6E424F85.jpeg

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Here’s a part people have asked about, I.e. the tax stamp block: Since there is no tax, there is no tax stamp. I submitted a closeup of the serial number. The closeup photo did not have the model name in it, but did have SIG SAUER INC showing above it. The MPX model was selected from the drop down menu when filling out the electronic form. In fact, on my four registrations, all makers of the receivers and model names/numbers were in drop down menus, so there was no need for me to write in any additional description info. Even my Joe Bob receiver and model was listed. If your receiver was home made, I’m confident you’d have to write in info and provide photos.

View attachment 222803 Your form 1 looks different than the one I saw from a guy at work. He put in his paperwork the first week in February.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    B52,
    I can’t prove it, but I’ve been suspicious something(s) has changed. Earlier instructions(from a video) differed from when I successfully submitted my forms. And I know that choosing United States as my country of birth was not an option, but that became an easily seen option later. I was also confused when earlier it was reported to submit photo of the braced pistol, so I took same. However when I filled out my forms, it was photo of the serial number only unless additional clarification/explanation was needed. You’ll see my form 1 Sunday.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    7.5" White Oak Armament barreled 5.56 shorty with 51t adaptor for suppression

Attachments

• 20230524_082410.jpg
      20230524_082410.jpg
      561.2 KB · Views: 58

olliges74

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    New addition to the stable:
    signal-2024-01-05-202856_002.jpg

CZ Bren 2, 12.5" SBR
    5.56mm NATO 12.5" 1:7 twist barrel
    Elcan Spectre 1x - 6x optic
    Streamlight light w/ tape switch
    H&K G36 Folding Stock
    Neoteric Folding side charging handle
    HB Industries CZ Bren 2 trigger
    HB Industries Handguard
    Magpul MS4 Sling
    Rocking the A2 birdcage (way better than the spiral thing it came with)
    probably suppress it in the future, $$$.
    Red tape on the mag is b/c I'm a born and bred idiot and don't want to mix up my 300 BO mags, but also they contain 5.56 Underwood Controlled Chaos rounds. lol.

Last edited:

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    View attachment 262056
    CZ Bren 2, 11" SBR
    5.56mm NATO 11" 1:7 twist barrel
    H&K G36 Folding Stock
    HB Industries Handguard
    Magpul MS4 Sling
    Red tape on the mag is b/c I'm a born and bred idiot and don't want to mix up my 300 BO mags, but also they contain 5.56 Underwood Controlled Chaos rounds. lol.

So HB has the Handguard?

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    View attachment 262056
    CZ Bren 2, 12.5" SBR
    5.56mm NATO 12.5" 1:7 twist barrel
    H&K G36 Folding Stock
    HB Industries Handguard
    Magpul MS4 Sling

Got a picture of that folding charging handle?
    I found their web site.
    Was wondering if it was angled to help clear optics. It's not angled.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom