• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Going to give this a try soon...was at my neighbors and he let me reload 50 rds of 9mm....damn that was cool...he even casts his own bullets...So where locally can I find bullets and primers for a decent price OR is it like trying to find .22 ammo...??? I'm good on brass as I did stockpile 9mm a few yrs back...will be visiting a friend this week to look at his old set up he's going to sell me. Basic Lee Challenger set up, now to find some 9mm dies as I'm sure he's going to keep his. I've looked at MidwayUSA and they seem to be out of everything...the hunt is on...

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    John...thanks for the heads up, will look into the tip...just came in from talking to my neighbor about reloading for the past hour...life is good...

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man, I really need to get into reloading. I need to do some research so I can make some educated purchases.

Flyin&Fishin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can go to natchezss.com and sign up to be notified when they are in stock. Their prices are pretty good too. I signed up to be notified when .380 dies became available, and they just came in last week. Got an email, and was able to order that night.

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hardest stuff to find for me right now is bullets and primers. I managed to get some small pistol primers at the show, let me know if you need some, I picked up 1k and probably only need 500. Bullets are tough to find if you are particular to what you want to load... you can find some if anything will do.

Like was suggested, on dies its easier right now to just order from the factory. I like 3 die sets, as opposed to the 2 die sets but either will do in a pinch. Make sure it includes your shell holder.

Better to find powder locally since you have a big haz-mat fee for shipping.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Got a basic Lee 'C' press from my friend for a song...its a start, now to find some stuff to go long with it, dies, etc... Thanks for all of the info guys...

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You're in trouble now, Ric.. you'll be chasing primers, powder, and bullets now for many years. Gunbroker has some deals good, bad, and ugly in their reloading section. It's easy to search for what you need. Just remember to refresh after each search. I've seen some great stuff go cheap there and I've seen the gougers too.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's a big mix right now. Lot's of folks still gouging and others who are being very good about trades and sales.
    I like reloading almost as much as shooting. It's some nice quiet time. I can't wait for things to get back to some kind of normal.
    It's just good that I have other hobbies - well, good for me time wise - not so good for the wallet.

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rick, let me know what you need or can't find. I will keep an eye out and maybe even have a bit of the stuff already

brasshog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I found thay the easiest way to get a set of dies at a decent price was to watch ebay. I just bought a set of titanium nitride 357 hornady dies like new for $30 cheaper than midway. The guy over at castboolits.com are very friendly and may help with a source of bullets.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I found thay the easiest way to get a set of dies at a decent price was to watch ebay. I just bought a set of titanium nitride 357 hornady dies like new for $30 cheaper than midway. The guy over at castboolits.com are very friendly and may help with a source of bullets.

I'm normally not the one to shy away from EBay. I do quite a bit of trading on EBay. At least I used to. But reseller ratings are important! Don't buy from just anybody. With that being said, even a trustworthy source can sometimes let something go that isn't up to snuff.

I bought a set of dies from the Georgia Arms during one of the FWB gun shows. They were marked as "on sale" and even seemed to sealed. Once I got them home, I could tell they were obviously (well) used. Besides the fact that the resizer die was gummed up with lube, the reloading data (that accompanies most Lee dies) had Highlighter marks on it.
    Yes, I know a lot of people have given Georgia Arms A LOT of money and I'm sure their word of mouth reseller rating is pretty positive. I'm not here to discredit them, I'm just using them as an example.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    brasshog...thanks for the link, the person on that forum listed his dies on some other fleBay style austion but now i have another place to look for stuff to reload...

Rick

joeburg185

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm just getting started as well. I found a bunch of equipment on amazon a couple days ago. Looks like midway will be getting a lot of supplies mid-late April, you can create an account there and have them notify you when the products you want are in stock. Hope this helps I know I have slowly been gathering what I need for awhile. Mountain states ammo has some .40 and .45 bullets in stock.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom