• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Long Range Nut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello,

I’ve recently just moved out here to Florida, specifically Middleton in The Villages which is by Sumterville. Grew up in Central Oregon, but have been in Las Vegas working the last 6 years. My folks live out here so I moved their grandkids closer.

Wondering if someone can point me in the direction for a few shooting matches. Preferably within a 2 hour drive of where I’m at.

Quantified Performance AR match - or similar gas gun match

Benchrest Silouette (600-1200ish yards) - this was a match in Vegas, any type of ringing steel way out kind of match

F-Class - 600 or 1000 yard

OR a range that is 600+ yard plus

I do shoot a few clay pigeons but it looks like blackjack sporting clays is 10 minutes from here. Would love to hear your recommendations and if you’d like to hear more from me just ask.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Welcome... I'm near you, work for Sumter SO.

Not much right here other than the Sporting Clays range.

Contact Ares Training Facility in Leesburg about matches. Also, Eustis Gun Club over in Tavares might have some matches. I believe they do F-Class somewhere near Orlando.

Bradford Sportsman Farm has long range and is probably your best bet for F-Class and long range shooting out to 850 at least.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Gun shops... forgot to add this... for gun shops you have:

Shoot-Straight in The Villages- lots of great inventory of guns, parts, ammo but high prices. Very nice indoor range with 100 yard high-power rifle. Some gunsmith services in-house. Friendly people and a very nice place. We hold our annual HR 218 qualifications there and qualify about 600 retired cops each year.

Nordic Gun and Pawn in Wildwood- been years since I've been in there. Lots of used guns back then with ok prices. They never were friendly when it came to doing transfers.

The Gun Shop on SR44 going east towards Leesburg- indoor range, not cheap, been years since I've been in there as their attitudes were not too friendly. They hold IDPA matches or at least they use to.

JB Guns down in Webster of SR471- in house quality gunsmith, $30 transfers, no discount for multiples so I switched to another shop. Limited reloading supplies, fair inventory, fair prices with some haggle room. Class 3 stuff with a Silencer Shop Kiosk.

Skull-Fire Arms in Bushnell on SR48- small shop, limited inventory, not much on ammo, but $25 transfers for what ever fits on a 4473. Taxidermy shop as well with exotics.

Pat's Pawn and Gun in Leesburg off US 441- Inhouse gunsmith, lots of inventory, lots of reloading supplies, been a while since I've been there but fair prices and excellent attitudes.

AW Peterson in Mt. Dora- twenty-five/thirty years ago was my go-to place for new and used guns as well as reloading supplies. They no longer offer in house gunsmith services but they can put you in contact with the guy and he might help. They did carry a good selection of reloading supplies but who knows now days. Been a while since I've been in there, good inventory of new and used last I visited but prices are a little on the high side. Last time I was there two employees were arguing with each other and the owner had to "order" someone to man the register as a couple guys had been waiting, I never went back.

Long Range Nut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I appreciate the welcome and replies!

Thank you for the reviews on local shops as well, we didn’t have a whole lot of local reloading suppliers in Las Vegas. Had 2 Sportsman’s Warehouses that you hoped stocked your favorites. I generally had to order from Powder Valley or similar online shops to get the nice bullets or powder.

My truck just arrived off transport so I’ll take a drive around next few weeks and the spots recommended.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    another welcome from the panhandle and staff member. glad to have you on board!

Top Bottom