• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robbie2883

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have bought many guns both new and used and know that most need some cleanup when brand new. I have never bought a Taurus but know they have a reputation for coming in dirty, but never knew they could look this bad. Back story is my wife just got her CCW and this is the gun she wanted for a carry. I searched for it and found it in stock at a dealer on Arms List out of SC. It was advertised as NEW and had a NEW price tag. So I purchased and had it shipped to Patriot. Picked it up yesterday and the gun is all kinds of beat up. Gouges in the frame (polymer frame) black on the "rub" spots of the gun that would be consistent with the gun being holstered. it looks like wear marks. looks like some gouges around assembly points etc. Again i've heard horror stories about Taurus, but didn't think this could possibly be that bad. I have seen this same firearm in person at a few shows and never saw this kind of damage.

I asked the store i bought it from and he swears it's new. said he got 10 of them and they all looked this way. i've very skeptical, but i don't want to just go pointing a finger and calling someone a liar so here i am asking for some input. here's some pics...the pics don't show the dirt etc very well but even the grip is covered in a brown (almost like sweat stain) dirt. pardon the kindergarden drawings! i like my crayons!

15f98ffc-16a8-427f-8355-20fbe8cde63c_zpsa5942672.jpg

b2a32764-5508-4244-9b0c-50f866f07eb4_zps971878b7.jpg

null_zps04f58958.jpg

5566b236-6a6c-4019-9e3b-6c7c258f76a6_zpsac8b1a09.jpg

3cb5666d-79a5-49fe-90e9-d647a339c458_zpsffaac14e.jpg
    null_zps00a545a5.jpg

5e311256-bb83-4870-9f7a-782a179d4dc4_zps1b4a295e.jpg

null_zpsd46761b7.jpg

null_zpsaf74c201.jpg

Shley65

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Handled the same type revolver at Academy , stained just like that . 'Course what do you expect for a white gun ?

CCC23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd want to throw the BS flag. Taurus pistols tend to come dirty and packed in grease but I have never seen one beat up.
    The screw on the trigger guard looks like its been removed with needle nose pliers.

Robbie2883

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd want to throw the BS flag. Taurus pistols tend to come dirty and packed in grease but I have never seen one beat up.
    The screw on the trigger guard looks like its been removed with needle nose pliers.

yeah...the dirt doesn't bother me since it should clean up...the marks all over are what bother me. i don't know how to handle it best. i'm going to contact taurus and see if they will do anything (not expecting them to)

the shop is being "bitchy" about it and wants to charge me a 20% restocking fee, which is unacceptable to me.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw the same one at academy but didn't hold it. I looked at it and thought dang that thing is so dirty 100 people must have handled it by now. Guy at the counter said they just put it out the day before.

Your gun looks awful. I'd be asking for a replacement/refund.

Nice choice of model though. Sweet gun

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, this is unsat! If you can get your money back I would suggest S&W... dirty is not a huge problem but a new gun shouldn't look used and beat to hell - you get that honor after some use!
    Good luck, I hope you can get your money back or another one in better condition...

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It may have been a display gun -- never sold to an end user, so still new...but handled and abused by who knows how many people. A completely "new" replacement revolver will most likely look like that after carrying it for a couple of weeks. If it is functional -- too much trouble and hassle to try to get it replaced. Just let her shoot it and carry it and be done with it.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not normal for new. I have a good few Taurus pistols and all mine were fine. If it's not new and your wife carries it in her purse I know that kind of stuff will happen if it's not in a holster.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm with Scuba, probably a display model, although I agree that the screw in the trigger guard looks suspect.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would not like it all. On principle I would want to return it but most place do not take guns back. If it where me I would go to academy & look at theirs to compare. Then decide if its worth all the trouble to return it especially if you want the exact same gun.

I imagine a perfect one will look like that in a month or two after being shoot & carried simple because it is white-plastic. So If you can live with it that maybe the cheapest option.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    To me it is not new,maybe carried around the shop for awhile and use as a demo. I would send the Pics to taurus and tell them the dealer and see what they will do for you, or find out the guys distributor.

Robbie2883

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yeah...the dirt is not the big deal, what bothers me is paying a new price for a gun that is OBVIOUSLY not new. i have sent pics to the dealer and he's being a baby claiming this and that and that i can send it back but he will charge me a 20% restocking fee etc. i told him that's unacceptable and that if i send it back i expect a full refund period seeing as this was sold to me as new and it is clearly not. if it was a display it should have been sold as such and discounted for the damage. i am going to call taurus tomorrow to see if they will do anything. if so then i am fine with that and i will just blast the shop for the shadiness.

Top Bottom