• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfreddie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A lady friend of mine just purchased a Springfield XD Sub Compact and want's to shoot. Question, although she is very safe handling the gun she only want's to come and watch the match this weekend. Should I encourage her to come and shoot or just watch? She has no holster or mag pouches so I would most likely ask on here if someone had something she could use for the day. Just curious of your thoughts.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Make sure she brings her gun, mags, and ammo and see if you can make arrangements to borrow the holster and mag pouches. Then, get to the match early and see if feels like she wants to shoot after she gets a feel for the atmosphere. If so, she's got everything she needs. If not, she can watch and shoot next time.

For me, it wasn't nearly as intense as I thought it would be, so I'm glad I planned to shoot the first match I attended. Some of the other folks here came out to watch a match before they shot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Doge

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A lady friend of mine just purchased a Springfield XD Sub Compact and want's to shoot. Question, although she is very safe handling the gun she only want's to come and watch the match this weekend. Should I encourage her to come and shoot or just watch? She has no holster or mag pouches so I would most likely ask on here if someone had something she could use for the day. Just curious of your thoughts.

If you want you can show her the rules of the game (target scoring, load & make ready commands, unload and show clear). Safety is the main concern and if she does not feel comfortable shooting and wants to watch that is fine.

If she decides to shoot and I'm there she is more than welcome to borrow my universal mag pouches.

I highly suggest having a nice rigid belt, quality holster, and mag pouches later on. Bladetech does make an IDPA ready kit (Amazon has them as Blade Tech Revolution set) that are plenty good for IDPA.

Being apprehensive is normal and the gun community is really great on helping and being encouraging. But it's on her if she ultimately decides to shoot the match or not. I'm confident that during the match if she wants to try a stage the squads will be more than willing to let her if she feels comfy.

If she does get hooked and wants a good competition book I highly suggest Ben Stoeger's Practical Pistol (I read it after my 3rd match and it helped a lot).

-Marc S

pcfreddie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you want you can show her the rules of the game (target scoring, load & make ready commands, unload and show clear). Safety is the main concern and if she does not feel comfortable shooting and wants to watch that is fine.

If she decides to shoot and I'm there she is more than welcome to borrow my universal mag pouches.

I highly suggest having a nice rigid belt, quality holster, and mag pouches later on. Bladetech does make an IDPA ready kit (Amazon has them as Blade Tech Revolution set) that are plenty good for IDPA.

Being apprehensive is normal and the gun community is really great on helping and being encouraging. But it's on her if she ultimately decides to shoot the match or not. I'm confident that during the match if she wants to try a stage the squads will be more than willing to let her if she feels comfy.

If she does get hooked and wants a good competition book I highly suggest Ben Stoeger's Practical Pistol (I read it after my 3rd match and it helped a lot).

-Marc S

Thanks. Agree totally. I have Stoeger's book. lol

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom