• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Thanks fellas, where do y’all shoot at since they closed the Pig Farm tactical range down?
    Myself I've always had a little range in the corner of where I live. But that's even been put on hold due to some drunk 4th of July stuff that went on at the other neighbors house. So yeah I may have to find a new place soon too

Big_gun_man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Styx River, Charlie and company have been putting some work into the place and it shows!
    I’ve shoot there before and it’s a nice range but they don’t allow rapid fire and you don’t really have your own space. I’ve heard Three Brothers is nice but it’s close to an hour from me.

Pig Farm had a great setup, it’s a shame they are no longer open.

MNOFSTL

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome from Gulf Shores. I hate what happened to the Pig Farm. Shane was a nice guy. Hope that company goes broke. We use Three Brothers now. My 10yo doesn’t like the way the SRO at Styx talks to people.

MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The SRO (if we're talking about the same guy) is a former operator and he can be gruff. I recall the first time I shot there I didn't know about placing the weedwhacker cord in the open chamber when the range goes cold. He got onto me pretty hard for that, then doubled down when I went to stick a cord in the chamber and crossed the yellow line.

Felt almost exactly like I was back in Boot Camp, but I never did either of those things again either!

MNOFSTL

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The SRO (if we're talking about the same guy) is a former operator and he can be gruff. I recall the first time I shot there I didn't know about placing the weedwhacker cord in the open chamber when the range goes cold. He got onto me pretty hard for that, then doubled down when I went to stick a cord in the chamber and crossed the yellow line.

Felt almost exactly like I was back in Boot Camp, but I never did either of those things again either!
    That’s fine for adults with shooting experience. I have two boys. One 11, one 6. They are new shooters. That type of thing puts a negative association to shooting for kids. Not where we need to be. The Pig Farm gave them shirts, ammo and would come over and give them pointers. They loved Shane.

MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I completely understand.

I never got the opportunity to shoot at the Pig Farm so it looks like I missed out on a great place...

Top Bottom