• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wonder how many people are new to this site, at gun shows and other places gun owners hang out were not really interested in guns/ammo until they saw an opportunity to make a quick buck off current events? If and when the weapon ban does not pass and things settle down, will they hang around?

Hummmmmmmmm

HitEmLow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm new to this site, and relatively new to the gun world in general. I enjoy reading the different sections and looking through the for sale stuff as well. I will definitely stick around as i'm trying to learn as much as possible. I haven't posted anything for sale, but then again I have nothing I'm willing to let go of lol. I only ever consider posting when I see something in stock that I think there may be interest in. I agree with the idea of limiting the for sale section to people who have been around for a bit. I don't know if I agree with limiting it by posts, but then again I generally just read and don't post. What if it was limited by the time you were a member of the forum?

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome to the forum. You are welcome to post whatever the rules say you can do. I was just thinking out load when I posted the thread.

HitEmLow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I actually agree with you. I think when you see someone in the For Sale section who has one post and it's for a tremendous mark-up, you know why they're here.

wolfehollow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Theres plenty of established members of this forum making a buck also... but, thats what a free market allows.

I started buying last summer, so at least, I remember what it was like... even though I'm a newbie.

transm79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just found this site a little while ago. I have been reading...alot. I have bought and sold on here. I do not post alot, but I am getting alot of information just reading. Thanks to everyone that keeps this site going and keeps the information coming.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think that mostly its those of us who have plenty and are able to give some of our "stash" up right now that are making some money from this panic. There just isn't enough out there to buy at a low price right now for "newbies" to get in on it. At least in my opinion...

I know that I have sold nearly half of my ammo stash in the past couple of weeks and once things calm back down again, I will replenish.

I've met lots of really nice people on this site, and have been enjoying the heck out of it, I must have handed out a few dozen cards at the gun show to people and hope that those who are new can learn something and become part of the community. We are always going to have people just dropping in to sell, but I think that is ok too, gives us something to browse and deals for us to snatch up. All part of the fun for me!

Alientaz

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am new to the site but have owned a few guns since I left the military In the 90's. I guess as I become older I become more concerned with the world around my family. I have start to purchase more firearms as this craziness allow but I hope to be around a long time. Hopefully I can find someone to show me the ropes at hunting.

Ken232

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Didnt even go to the show, frankly I didnt want to watch the circus this early in the year. As far as Prices go and what people pay I know one guy NOT from this forum that had "Make Offers" on his stuff and Christ he made a Mint...I do believe its gonna be awhile until this settles ban or not. Most AR makers are backlogged to hell some are already past July on deliveries....

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you don't post no one can get to know you and you are a blank space if you don't participate.

I agree! I already knew a few people on here when I joined, and have since met a few new ones like Ian (ilitner), Matt (MiamiMatt), and Don (pilotpop). Frank I haven't actually met you yet, but I feel like I know you from all of our posting on GCFC.

I haven't sold anything yet, but I have bought a few things. When the ban doesn't pass, it'll be interesting to watch the non-shooters, who bought up everything, trying to unload it.

Hunkyfish

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    I've met some new friends, Matt, Olecarver, Beancounter, Outside9, Pigman, Clay & of course Frank,,, a couple of others I've tried to converse with have turned out to be assholes,,, but we all know who they are & have come to expect it from them.
    I've even sold a couple of things,,, I promise you I did not want to sell but survival is first & it's been a very tough year for custom fishing rods.
    The funniest thing is how a couple of smartasses like to ridicule others for sale threads even when they put outrageous prices on their own items,,,, I got blasted on my NRA Weatherby, & on my AR lower.
    The Doublestar AR lower with a CMMG parts kit, Magpul Miad grip & trigger guard, 4 thirty rd GI mags & a 5rd hunting mag went for $400 to Pigman for a Wounded Warriors build.
    Yes I did see the smartass comment from the "Toy Story" puppet before the admins got to it,,, Thank You email notifications LOL

All in all , I believe I'll stick around because we do have freedom of speech here,,,
    but I do have a list of who to ignore or ridicule,,, something I feel no need for on my other forums

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Say I invited Bullets and Bones Range to join the dealer part of the forum, they sell hunting and shooting supplies as well as guns. I recommend the range highly!

Went out today for the 2nd time, had the range to myself for 3 hrs, they are very nice people. All I can say is my 6.8 is a sweet shooter and more accurate than I am!

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you don't post no one can get to know you and you are a blank space if you don't participate.

But Frank I did that and now everyone knows I'm an ass ! If I'd have just kept qiute I'd have had ya'll fooled into thinkin I'm a great guy.
    Kind of reminds me of what Bill Cosby said when he asked "Why is everyone doing cocaine?" the guy said "It intensivies your inner personality and allows it to come out and magnifies it ." Bill said " But what if your an asshole?"
    and No I am not on cocaine.

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have really enjoyed this forum. Sold a couple that I regret but I'll recoup... have learned a great deal from some pretty knowledgeable people and hope to meet FTF one day at a show or maybe the range

steponapoptop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I credit this forum with reinspiring me to start up my collection again. There is so much good advise and great people here. I am back to shooting once or twice per week and even the wife has started shooting. Look forward to putting some more names with faces!

Top Bottom