• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ask an active deputy
    Remember when during the covid mask BS Walmart in Milton had a deputy on duty ? I sometimes , very politely would ask the deputy a few questions about his side arm . My take away was that ;1. Thank god that Santa Rosa is basically a peaceful county and ;
    2.I'm glad I don't have to depend on their abilities with their side arm to protect me /mine.
    Now , that doesn't speak to their present day knowledge of Fla.. firearm laws.
    I started this , thinking about a car jacking , but then realized no one would want my 2024 over computerized POS suv.
    From reading here , I now can carry in public W/O having taken a CCW course , but the only way I can have a ready to use firearm in my POV is the have said firearm still on my person.
    If I didn't dislike cold weather / snow so much _________

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Remember when during the covid mask BS Walmart in Milton had a deputy on duty ? I sometimes , very politely would ask the deputy a few questions about his side arm . My take away was that ;1. Thank god that Santa Rosa is basically a peaceful county and ;
    2.I'm glad I don't have to depend on their abilities with their side arm to protect me /mine.
    I started this , thinking about a car jacking , but then realized no one would want my 2024 over computerized POS suv.
    From reading here , I now can carry in public W/O having taken a CCW course , but the only way I can have a ready to use firearm in my POV is the have said firearm still on my person.
    that is the way it was explained to me ,the fix is just get the permit ,you get the training too

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Most LEO's have a misunderstanding of Florida's firearms laws. The academy really doesn't dive into the firearms laws and IMO it should be a priority, especially now days.

Most LEO's firearms proficiency is marginal at best. I'd say about 25% you would be honored to share a fighting position with, 60% or so can hold their own on a good day with perhaps the remaining folks needing a reminder which end the bullet comes out of.

Many LEO's believe many of the aforementioned myths about our state law including having loaded guns in the vehicle and the famous "3-step rule".

In regards to having a firearm ready in a vehicle, remember, a simple holster with a snap suffices. A little creativity as to placement or mounting of a holstered handgun accomplishes the same as having it on your belt or tucked into your pants.

Not too difficult to flip a console open and grab an unholstered handgun... the console with it's closing lid meets the statute, probably easier and just as fast.

Top Bottom