Patriot Mobile

New, discontinued stick shift car become valuable?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shobbles

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a new 2018 Accord with a 6 speed manual. Well I say it’s new... it has 60k miles now, but it’s the current generation (released in 2018). Honda discontinued the manual transmission for the accord in late 2019 because they sold less than 5000 in both 2018 and 2019. On one hand that’s evidence that nobody wants them, on the other hand they’re somewhat rare. Prices on autotrader look like the manuals aren’t any more valuable than the autos, but you do have to travel to get one.

The question is will this car become sought after being that it’s the most modern version of the accord with a stick (or at least not depreciate as fast as its auto counterparts)? It’s the smaller 1.5 engine so that doesn’t help. Most likely, Honda is right and nobody wants a manual sedan, but it never hurts to be hopeful.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Probably not a lot of extra value, but it’s possible you could find a “tuner” guy that wants to drop the v6 in it and do whatever they do with them after they make them sound like there’s cards in the spokes. I’d say it’ll be easy to sell. There are still people who prefer sticks, contrary to what us grumpy old men think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    it will be sought after in another 12-18 years.... by that time the kids will be looking for those ricers...

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Pretty sure I heard this is the last year that a manual is available in a Corvette. My take on that is mostly old guys drive Corvettes and they don’t want to shift gears probably due to bad knees and other health problems.
    In the 50s, 60s and 70s, there were some darn big cars with manual transmissions.

Shobbles

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pretty sure I heard this is the last year that a manual is available in a Corvette. My take on that is mostly old guys drive Corvettes and they don’t want to shift gears probably due to bad knees and other health problems.
    In the 50s, 60s and 70s, there were some darn big cars with manual transmissions.
    Ya it’s a shame the new mid engine vette is auto only. To be fair, new manuals aren’t as satisfying as the older ones. The tranny in my accord compared to my 94 explorer is night and day though. I could feel every tooth in the gearbox (in a good way) on the explorer, but this accord is pretty numb. Zero chance of clutchless shifting. Is better than the Mazda and Toyota rowers though.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stick shift every day cars are going for cheap cheap cheap on the used car market unless it is already a collector car for some reason.

No one wants to shift anything anymore!

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    What folks really pay money for is a ram cummins with the stick shift. Those have also been discontinued as of 2018

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Driving a stick is definitely a dying art form, for that matter good driving skills in general are a dying art form.

Learned on a stick and drive one every day.

The looks on faces, the wide eyes and panicked honnnnks you get when they get right on your bumper on an incline or hill at a light/stop sign and you roll back that little bit when you go to take off - yeah say hello to my bumper / trailer hitch.
    Sticks are so uncommon now that no one gives you that little courtesy buffer anymore, they just don't know.

Does that make them more valuable? I don't think so, sticks are a niche market that gets smaller every day.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    In reality, any car that doesnt drive its self will be banned from the road in a few decades. Anything self driven will become yard art or museum stuff.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like the nostalgia of a manual transmission, and still own and drive one regularly. I’m also doing my part to keep it going by teaching all of my young employees how to drive one.

Top Bottom