• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been eyeing those as well, Russ. We can't use the "Glowlight" Nook's for some reason. And wait on the iPad until Ryan gets a chance to contact the one in Mobile. Found a bunch of Nook's on Ebay for around $30.

cablechris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Will the gen 1 iPad run the app? I know they have not taken an up date in a long time and are still running an old OS. Just something to look into before dropping money on something that won't work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've read that the Gen 1 does work. Obviously, the newer ones are sweeter, but it's just gotta run a simple app with few colors and no real graphics. If I get a Gen 1 and it won't work, I'll give it to the kids and start looking for a newer one.

cablechris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah I just looked at the app and you only have to be able to run OS 5.1.1 so a first gen would work fine. I thought I had one laying around it. I'll see if I can find it.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yeah I just looked at the app and you only have to be able to run OS 5.1.1 so a first gen would work fine. I thought I had one laying around it. I'll see if I can find it.

The man!

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    current update.....Mike, our esteemed Match Director went ahead and bought us 5 brand new Nook's. I'll be picking them up tomorrow morning to bring them to my house to root them and install Practiscore on them. We've secured a used iPad as well! We have EVERYTHING we need to score the next match electronically!!!! I've been running test matches at the house using various devices. All seem to work just fine. I've used my mom's iPad as a master tablet, my phone as one of the scoring tablets, my Nook as another scoring tablet, and an older smartphone as the last scoring tablet. All sync up just fine and everything seems to work as advertised! We'll try it out Sunday at this month's first IDPA match! Can't wait!

Top Bottom