Patriot Mobile

Need some advise from experience people. Please help!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I am 21 and my friend is getting married and I happen to be one of the groomsmen. I am not the best man so I can't really plan the bachelor party. Well they are ending up going to a few clubs and a few strip clubs. Well my lady has started her path on Christianity and same here just with me I am taking it one step at a time. Praying at night and getting comfortable to start to go to church and accepting Christ into my life. Well when they all made the suggestion to go to the night clubs and strip clubs I suggested something else like maybe shooting or charter boat and fishing. Well less just say that was a mistake. Am I wrong for me not going to that because one 1.) I see it as against the beliefs of the bible (bare with me I don't know how to word this) 2.) Complete disrespect for my lady 3.) A waste a money. Am I in the wrong? Sorry for this long paragraph but it seems like sense I have taken this path I get criticized. Might sound bad I am asking all this but I have been friends with these guys for about 8 years.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Things like that are a personal decision, you don't need an excuse, sorry guys can't make/afford it, have fun.

Thanks I appreciate it. Just hard when your the only one that says no and none of them understand why when you try to explain it.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think you already know the answer, so trust your instincts and there's absolutely nothing wrong with respecting your lady and your beliefs. It's his wedding, not yours. You'll see them at the wedding.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    +1

If you are not comfortable with the arrangements, there is no requirement for you to participate. If your friend doesn't understand, he's not much of a friend.
    Not too mention you prolly won't be friends with 75% of those guys 5-7 years down the road anyway so who gives a rats nut sack what they think. Trust your gut

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you have to question if it's wrong, it usually is. If you do what you believe is right, you won't regret it later, your girl will respect you and you'll grow as a man.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You are not alone. Christ was persacuted too. Dont be a bitch and toughen up! :) Tongue in cheek.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I may be a heathen but Jesus was a bad ass, that's the way,I think of him anyway. I wouldn't have been able to withstand what he did. .

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Personally, I would have more respect for you as a friend, if you didn't go, for the reasons that you listed.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heres how mine played out:

I grew up in Idaho, so if you know anything about that part of the country then you probably know that 3/4 people you meet are Mormon, they are very conservative in their ways. My family is not and the majority of my friends are not either. I asked my 3 best friends and my brother in law (sisters husband) to be in my wedding, my 3 friends are not and we all grew up partying together, my brother in law on the other hand is a crazy Mormon (so is my wife).
    So we all meet up and the guys all exchange numbers so they can plan the bachelor party. I get a call from my brother in law one night saying that the other guys were wanting to do strippers and get nuts at bars and all that normal stuff you see on movies. He was completley fine with doing that but since it wasnt in his beliefs to participate in that stuff he just said that he coulndt be apart of it but he was ok if thats the plan that was going to be made.
    I told him No that i wanted everybody to do something that day or night and that i have drank and been to stripper parties enough to not have the desire to have that stank shit all over me anymore. So i called up my friends explaining the situation and they were all awesome about it and we planned a different outing.
    We ended up going to breakfast, then when out into the mountains with about 10 other guys and played paintball for a few hours and then had dinner and went to my brother in laws house for a night of drinking and poker.
    It was a awesome day of memorable times and honeslty turned out better then any other bachelor parties i have ever been too.

So i would bring it up to the Groom and let him know , if he is your friend then he should understand and respect your views.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gotta agree with all the advice here. One thing I'll add and its more of a continuation of FUPA's comment: You're young, your friends mean the world to you right now. Never, ever go against your convictions. That wedding won't even be remembered in 5 years much less most of your present friends. Go with the long term.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Proud of you for speaking out Brandon, yes, when you make the decision to live for God instead of man an things of this world, you will loose a lot of friends who don't want to live the life you have chosen to live!! It is a personal decision for you to make an sometimes when I am faced with a choice, I say to myself [what would God do?] A lot an I mean a lot of folks downplay the Christian life !!!!! Do what you think is right an pray about it, you an your partner have made the most important decision of your lives!!!! God Bless you in your walk !!!!! Denny in pace!!!!

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    You're getting some good advice from these guys and I think you already know what you should do.
    God is eternal, and your friends are here for a few years. I think back at the great friends I've had over my lifetime and 98% of them are either dead from a crazy lifestyle or we just don't have anything in common anymore. As you get older your priorities change, as do your friends. Stay true to God and your walk with Him and you will never regret it. If your friends demand an explanation or ridicule you, are they really your friends? I don't want or need friends like that.
    Your questions show real character. Be salt and light to your friends that don't understand.

Top Bottom