• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gejshooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am in the market for a CC 9mm. I'm looking for recommendations. I prefer dual stack for a minimum of 10 round capacity. I like something small, that can fit in my pocket in a pinch. I prefer striker fired. Thanks.

Patriot1776

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am in the market for a CC 9mm. I'm looking for recommendations. I prefer dual stack for a minimum of 10 round capacity. I like something small, that can fit in my pocket in a pinch. I prefer striker fired. Thanks.
    Ruger max 9, sig p365 are two small double stack 9mm that I know of sir, many options in single stack.

condoor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am a P365 fan, but there are several worth looking at now. The Ruger mentioned above and the Springfield Hellcat should be on your list.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Shield Plus, M&P 2.0 Compact, Sig P-365. Any one of those is winner depending on which works for you. Academy has had the Shield Plus for $400 which is a great deal!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The only thing I don't like about the sigs and other ones is the $44 dollar mags. Lots of deals on the 43's around. Then there's always the old boring G26 or p80, w 12rd magpul mag. Look at the PSA Daggers too.

Last edited:

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Does anyone have any thoughts about the Taurus GX4?

I got one on a trade for a couple dogs last fall. I gotta say, I’m impressed! It has replaced my G2C as my primary “heavy” carry when I want something more than my LCP max pocket pistol.

The trigger is excellent! Center line of the bore sits lower in the slide making it much less snappy than other guns of similar size. It’s much slimmer than the G2C making it a lot easier for my fat a$$ to carry and conceal. I’ve never been able to keep anything concealed in an OWB holster but the GX4 paired with an Urban Carry holster does it. Don’t even know it’s there. I bought a couple +2 mag extensions from the Taurus shop, so with one in the chamber have 14 rounds. Also got the tritium front night sight. No failures of any kind in the 400 rounds of FMJ and 100 rounds of JHP I put through it to test. I’ve always liked the new, post management-change made in USA Taurus pistols and consider them reliable and good quality, but Taurus upped the game even more with the GX4. Look at reviews on google- there’s several head to head comparisons with the Glock 43 with the GX4 coming out ahead. It’s just an accurate, reliable, good shooter that’s comfortable to carry. Highly recommend the GX4.

First pic is the only one I have with the +2 mag extension installed. Last pic shows size comparison to kimber micro 9. Twice the ammo capacity and not much bigger.

47c61ca8d290dcce09e53e5548648dde.jpg

114202b3a9669dfdc2d081950ccc94c1.jpg

dafdb6a94bfa62a44f90585ac8e5d062.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gejshooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got one on a trade for a couple dogs last fall. I gotta say, I’m impressed! It has replaced my G2C as my primary “heavy” carry when I want something more than my LCP max pocket pistol.

The trigger is excellent! Center line of the bore sits lower in the slide making it much less snappy than other guns of similar size. It’s much slimmer than the G2C making it a lot easier for my fat a$$ to carry and conceal. I’ve never been able to keep anything concealed in an OWB holster but the GX4 paired with an Urban Carry holster does it. Don’t even know it’s there. I bought a couple +2 mag extensions from the Taurus shop, so with one in the chamber have 14 rounds. Also got the tritium front night sight. No failures of any kind in the 400 rounds of FMJ and 100 rounds of JHP I put through it to test. I’ve always liked the new, post management-change made in USA Taurus pistols and consider them reliable and good quality, but Taurus upped the game even more with the GX4. Look at reviews on google- there’s several head to head comparisons with the Glock 43 with the GX4 coming out ahead. It’s just an accurate, reliable, good shooter that’s comfortable to carry. Highly recommend the GX4.

First pic is the only one I have with the +2 mag extension installed. Last pic shows size comparison to kimber micro 9. Twice the ammo capacity and not much bigger.

Thanks for the thorough response. What are your thoughts about the recall for the possible unintentional firing when the pistol is dropped? Is your pistol in the serial number range that might have the problem? Did you send it back for a pair? Also, do you think I should buy a new pistol, so I’m the original purchaser and have the full warranty? Rather than buy one used from an existing owner? Thanks.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The recall only affected early production models and was quickly corrected. It’s pretty debatable if there was even a problem- Taurus did a voluntary recall out of an abundance of caution- but I never actually heard that anyone had a discharge.

There’s an easy website that you put your serial number into and get instant results if your gun is included in the recall. Mine was not, so no info regarding sending it in.

I’m a big fan of warranties and as a rule of thumb won’t pay more than 75% retail (and I don’t include transfer fees and tax, shipping etc) for a used, current production gun. Any more than that and I’d rather buy new. I happened to have 2 hi points I picked up for a super cheap price I couldn’t say no to, immediately put them up for trade and the GX4 was what caught my eye the most out of all the offers. It turned out to be a way better trade than I thought even.

gejshooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The recall only affected early production models and was quickly corrected. It’s pretty debatable if there was even a problem- Taurus did a voluntary recall out of an abundance of caution- but I never actually heard that anyone had a discharge.

There’s an easy website that you put your serial number into and get instant results if your gun is included in the recall. Mine was not, so no info regarding sending it in.

I’m a big fan of warranties and as a rule of thumb won’t pay more than 75% retail (and I don’t include transfer fees and tax, shipping etc) for a used, current production gun. Any more than that and I’d rather buy new. I happened to have 2 hi points I picked up for a super cheap price I couldn’t say no to, immediately put them up for trade and the GX4 was what caught my eye the most out of all the offers. It turned out to be a way better trade than I thought even.

Thanks. Very thorough answer!

gejshooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I visited my LGS today (Academy), and looked at several pistols. I have narrowed my choices.
    Out - S&W M&P Shield Plus - Too large for me, and did not like the safety. It was hard to reach and toggle.
    Out - Ruger EC9 - Capacity too low - grip too thin.
    Out - Glock 43X - Too large compared to other micro 9s - Aftermarket magazine required for double stack capacity - The grip feels cheap and flimsy.
    Out - Sig P365 - Just did not like it as much as the remaining.
    In - Springfield Hellcat - great feel - like the sights - Good capacity - Springfield reliability
    In - Taurus GX4 - great feel - good capacity - great price
    Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
    Any thoughts on the Canik MC9? Academy did not have this gun.

gejshooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Thanks Woodsy. Your posts are always thorough.

Top Bottom