• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saltlife1158

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey I am looking for info/opinions on ruger american or tc venture in 30-06. Looking at these two rifles for all around hunting rifle deer hog ect. Any info on reliability an accuracy would be great. I know tc has had recalls on past rifles. Tc was on list for same features ruger has plus the life time warranty. Thanks for any input yall can give me.

Centermass556

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can tell you my limited experience....

First let me say...I think Ruger makes the best revolvers there are..I know that is an opinion, and it is grounds for an arguement...but that is just the way I feel. I think Ruger rifles are great, but they are very over priced.

NOW...The Ruger American...I cna't believe Ruger put their name on that rifle. I have handled two with the intent to buy as a "truck" gun. Both had the same issues. When I grabed the rifle and took up a stance, I was able to bend the plastic of the forend towards and touch the Barrel...and I was not even squeezing that hard. both Rifles...The second thing was the bolt/action. So I can expect a little slop in the bolt...Heck it is not a rifle built to drive tacks...But this was redicuous. The fit was so sloppy on both rifles I had to wiggle them to get them to slide back in correctly and not catch on the magazine. The Magazine...My kid's GI joe toys are sturdier. And last but not least. Even the guy selling the rifles recommended that I look at something else. SO I did...

I would go down to academy and get a ADL. thats just me. If your pocket are a little shallow, Trust me...With a kid in College and rental property issues, I get that. I would look around the shops for a Savage. Savage makes a good rifle with MODeer or MOHog accuacy. You might luck out and get a good deal on a 110 or another one. OR, I dunno if walmst still sells them but a Howa 1500 is a great rifle and they used to be in the $350 range...

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Take a look at Marlin X7 rifles also, I picked one up for $339.00 plus tax and it's a way better gun than the Ruger American.

Top Bottom