• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lol if you want to try to retrace your steps on this thing feel free
    Try this. Seriously. Remove a small part from the pistol. Call Ruger. They will have you ship the gun to them on their dime. They will clean it, repair it, replace anything missing or broken, assemble it, and send it back to you. No charge. AFTER THAT DO NOT EVER TAKE IT APART AGAIN.

Volks

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Try this. Seriously. Remove a small part from the pistol. Call Ruger. They will have you ship the gun to them on their dime. They will clean it, repair it, replace anything missing or broken, assemble it, and send it back to you. No charge. AFTER THAT DO NOT EVER TAKE IT APART AGAIN.
    At this point I’ll try almost anything, this thing might actually scar me from ever taking anything else apart. this is worst form of hell I could ever imagine

16gauge

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry for your trouble but it can be figured out. As far as never taking it apart again, how else are you ever going to learn how to do it? My first time I kept doing it over and over until I got it down. The Remington Speedmaster is not hard I actually enjoy working on Speedmasters I have 3 of them and several Rugers. The point is it CAN be done, don't give up. There has got to be somebody close to you who can help out, I wish I lived closer I would certainly give it a try. Good luck they are awesome pistols.

Volks

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I should be at Southern Tactical for the steel match on Sunday and will gladly help you reinstall the mainspring.
    I will gladly take the help! I’ll keep giving it it a try though, there just has to be something I’m missing. But I’ll send a phone number your way and thank you everyone - very helpful bunch, almost expected more bashing

Volks

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No matter what this thing beats me, I have to be missing something no matter vertical, upside down, 2 o’clock - I feel like I’ve tried everything I’ve seen or Maybe I should try to be upside down also. i believe it’ll stay non functioning till Sunday

TheDuck

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I got it!

The little dingle dick (because that's what it is) didn't want to fall down into the spring strap as it was supposed to. Needed to be beaten like it owed me money. I got him fixed. NO CHARGE!

Volks

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The duck is a major buddy for getting the ol thing taken care off. Not sure the magic that was pulled but very thankful.

I can assure all of you - this thing will never, ever be taken apart by me. I don’t care if I’ll never learn the trick. So long as it works is fine

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I love my MKIIs and I think I’ve got one Mk1 but I’ve never taken them apart and if I was gonna buy another one, the ease of disassembly on the MKIV looks awfully good.

rkflorey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is a kit made by Majestic that once installed allows you to remove the bolt for gun cleaning simply by using an Allen wrench to remove a pin and pull out the bolt. Clean gun, replace bolt and pin. Runs great.
    I bought one before I put the time and effort into my Kruger Marks...
    Just Google Majestic Ruger kit. About $50

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is a kit made by Majestic that once installed allows you to remove the bolt for gun cleaning simply by using an Allen wrench to remove a pin and pull out the bolt. Clean gun, replace bolt and pin. Runs great.
    I bought one before I put the time and effort into my Kruger Marks...
    Just Google Majestic Ruger kit. About $50
    I have that kit in my MK II. Works like a charm.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The Ruger mk3 I have gets tossed in the sonic cleaner these days. 16 minutes in warm water with a little dawn in it, then rinsed really well. Take an air nozzle to it and blow off any water then spray it down with RemOil, let that soak for a few, the the air nozzle again. Works like a champ. If I'm feeling froggy, I might even run a bore snake down the barrel, just gotta be careful it doesn't snag the extractor

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom