• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Volks

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Have a ruger mk1 and I’m not able to assemble it and get the bolt to open as it should maybe a half inch. I know about the hammer strut but I try and try and still no success. Maybe there’s something I’m missing any hep I’d appreciated

Volks

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Lol I have watched and tried to replicate so many videos and I just can not for some reason

16gauge

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure what point of the reassembly you are at but one of the main things that makes this difficult is the frame and the barrel portion have to be exactly positioned one on top of the other. Sometimes I have had to tap the barrel back a little to get it in the correct position to proceed. The video is correct, having the pistol upside down is the trick. Again not sure what point you are at but hope this helps.

Last edited:

Volks

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’ll try again when I get home, hopefully I’m able to get it. I’ve gone through a lot of different old and foreign stuff but never have had such troubles. As soon as it’s working it will never come back apart -

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I always tell my friends Not to take it all the way apart.
    (There is no need to completely dismantle the gun to clean it,.The barrel and chamber are enough.
    I have a Ruger Mark 1 that hasn't ever been taken down and it shoots just fine.

Volks

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well I had the issue with it before disassembled somehow. And from the look inside it was shot in the 70s a bit, then sat in a safe for 40 years. The grease/oil plus dirt and powder made everything very very nasty and hard/sticky inside so it definitely needed it

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I always tell my friends Not to take it all the way apart.
    (There is no need to completely dismantle the gun to clean it,.The barrel and chamber are enough.
    I have a Ruger Mark 1 that hasn't ever been taken down and it shoots just fine.
    Take a look at the kit Majestic Arms makes for the Ruger MK series. I've had one on a MK II for 15 years or so and it works great. No need to completely disassemble the pistol.

Teamguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sorry to intrude in your conversation but you sound like you may be able to help me. I have a like new Ruger MK11 Target pistol with a 5 1/2" bull Bbl, factory muzzle brake with Volkswerkin (sp) grips that has been sitting in my safe since new. It's time to sell, can you help me with pricing? Thanks in advance. You can call me or text at 770 301 1837

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sorry to intrude in your conversation but you sound like you may be able to help me. I have a like new Ruger MK11 Target pistol with a 5 1/2" bull Bbl, factory muzzle brake with Volkswerkin (sp) grips that has been sitting in my safe since new. It's time to sell, can you help me with pricing? Thanks in advance. You can call me or text at 770 301 1837
    Look it up on GunBroker for a price comparison.then go a little lower.

Volks

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well I had the issue with it before disassembled somehow. And from the look inside it was shot in the 70s a bit, then sat in a safe for

Volks

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Every time I get to the point where I depress the trigger to lower the takedown lever the little hammer spur seems to go forward and I get no pressure when I close the lever and will never sit right

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I’ve got two Ruger Mklls, stainless with 5.5” bull barrel. I bought them both around 1981 and I’ve put thousands of rounds thru each of them. I’ve never taken them apart to clean them and they work fine.

Volks

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This sucks, it just will not - work for me. No matter what tip or trick I try. I get zero spring tension when on the very last step. I’ll keep messing with it and hope for the best but I’m so lost on why

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unhinge the main spring housing, point the pistol down , pull the trigger. You will feel the hammer drop. Point the pistol strait up and rotate it to about halfway between 1 and 2 o'clock close the main spring housing till it's about half way in the frame pull the trigger and push the housing all the way in If the strut is in right you'll feel a little spring resistance and you can close the latch .if you don't feel any resistance then it didn't seat correctly and you'll have to start over . More than likely you will get it right the first time, it almost never takes more than twice twice to get it right .

Volks

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Unhinge the main spring housing, point the pistol down , pull the trigger. You will feel the hammer drop. Point the pistol strait up and rotate it to about halfway between 1 and 2 o'clock close the main spring housing till it's about half way in the frame pull the trigger and push the housing all the way in If the strut is in right you'll feel a little spring resistance and you can close the latch .if you don't feel any resistance then it didn't seat correctly and you'll have to start over . More than likely you will get it right the first time, it almost never takes more than twice twice to get it right .
    Nothing - for me.
    I will keep trying

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I watched videos for an hour or more this summer while stopping and trying to assemble my mk I. I feel your pain but don’t remember exactly what step I was screwing up. I should have written it down

Top Bottom