• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Recommendations depend on the area you hunt. Swampy or dry - you should consider snake boots regardless. I hunt the Walnut hill area and over the years have run into Eastern and pigmy rattlesnake and cotton mouths. I have both Danner and Irish Setter snake boots. Both are light weight and offer a degree of water resistance but I would not recommend them if you are hunting over a swamp.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mine were bought as Bass Pro made by Rocky for them. Had many years and still watertight, I see just now the soles starting to loosen from the boot which I will repair. I like the lace with zipper on the side, easy to fit, put on and take off without relacing

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a pair of Rocky snake boots,16",front zip,and a pair of Rocky snake boots,lace up,16".
    I have had both pair for 10-12 years and they have never leaked . . . even when walking/standing in ankle deep water for hours.
    Before that I had a pair of Rocky 16" snake boots,lace up,that I completely wore out. They took a hit from a 5' cotton mouth on Escambia river,just above the ankle. They saved my ass. --- SAWMAN

Metal Storm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I online ordered a pair of Rockys 16 " snake boots with side zipper from Gander over Labor day weekend and received the labor day discount and the good sam club discount with free shipping.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom