• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreamchaser69

Magic Maker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Anyone know of a reputable company that can move a safe? I have a ranch house, but 2 steps in the front of house.
    Safe weighs about 600 pounds
    Ready for pickup next week sometime (31st or 1st I think)

TIA

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    When I bought a safe at an estate sale, I had a heck of a time finding anybody that would touch it. I think Gilmore Services would move it but wanted $450 and this was 6 or so years ago.
    I ended doing it myself with the help of 3 friends. I could’ve done it with 1 or 2.
    Now, I did not have any steps to go up but my safe does weigh 800 lbs.
    Just take the ramp off a utility trailer cover the floor with a quilt and lay it down.
    I used a heavy duty appliance dolly to move it.

dreamchaser69

Magic Maker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I was talking to the guy at TSC in Milton while looking at safes, He said they have someone locally that will move for $160 or something like that. I don't mind paying but $600 is A TON!

I got lucky and picked up a safe on "secret sale" at Academy for $600 - listed for $1199 - was 50% off. OK - I just got lucky....

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    The cheapest moving company I could find was 129 an hour. 3 hour minimum charge. I ended up doing it myself. Not fun but I'm a cheap skate. Spend my money on the good stuff.

Ugafan84

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was talking to the guy at TSC in Milton while looking at safes, He said they have someone locally that will move for $160 or something like that. I don't mind paying but $600 is A TON!

I got lucky and picked up a safe on "secret sale" at Academy for $600 - listed for $1199 - was 50% off. OK - I just got lucky....
    I was looking at that safe the other day. What are your thoughts on it? A lot of people gave it a bad reviews due to the locking mechanism messing up and paint chipping off. The lady at academy said they have know of a company that moves safes but it close to 400 bucks to move anything above 500 pounds.

dreamchaser69

Magic Maker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I was looking at that safe the other day. What are your thoughts on it? A lot of people gave it a bad reviews due to the locking mechanism messing up and paint chipping off. The lady at academy said they have know of a company that moves safes but it close to 400 bucks to move anything above 500 pounds.
    I liked the ones at TSC - but not on sale they are $999. They were $150 off a few weeks ago. I like the door pockets for the pistols.

Ugafan84

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I liked the ones at TSC - but not on sale they are $999. They were $150 off a few weeks ago. I like the door pockets for the pistols.
    Ok I liked the one at Academy until I started to read the reviews on it. But, it looks like it will get the job done for sure and has a high capacity. I’m still thinking on it the lady said it will be on sale until the end of the year or until they run out. She also said they have sold quite a few of them in the past week or so.

dreamchaser69

Magic Maker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    For $600 - it's hard to find a better deal. I wish it had more rating and waterproof - but I cant afford that right now - and this one fits the bill for a while. At least the ammo will have some protection and some new additions......

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

There is an electric hand truck that does stairs as well.

Check the rental places. I’m partial to those closed on Saturday and Sunday so you get the one day rental price.
    Any place I've rented from charges by the day even if they are closed.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Anyone know of a reputable company that can move a safe? I have a ranch house, but 2 steps in the front of house.
    Safe weighs about 600 pounds
    Ready for pickup next week sometime (31st or 1st I think)

TIA
    Mike's on Hwy 29 will let you borrow a big enough dolly

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Or you could buy multiple smaller one-man safes, save a mint on shipping and moving companies, and maintain OpSec

Artemus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I just used Gilmore Services on Monday, ask for Patrina Sykes. $350 to deliver a 760 pound safe. Same price as quoted by a recommended outfit at Tractor Supply. PM me if you want their phone number. Very satisfied with the operation and damage free.

Top Bottom