• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, I know where this is probably going to go, but I'm going to ask anyway. I will however, ask that only non biased opinions be given. I understand that many in the gun culture equate dollars with quality, and it often does, but not always. So..... NcStar scopes....... good, bad, or so-so.
    I just ordered a NcStar 2-6x28 compact tactical to go on my CETME. Do you think it will hold up?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have bought a couple and they are both in my give away box...cancel your order and I will give you one...that way you will not have to waste your $ to see what they are.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have been extremely lucky. I have never owned a NcStar scope. Never owned a Davis Derringer or a Jennings 25Auto either. So basically I cannot give my "personal" opinion of these items. The NcStar just might last on a single shot 22LR gun that is used at the range ONLY. But ...... you stated that you wanted this scope for a CTME. I believe that this puts the recoil inertia into a "whole new ballgame". (Watch out for flying glass.)

In my younger years I did own several Tasco's and Simmons scopes though,although you did not ask about these. Anyway ...... the only "official" non-opinion that I would give is --> with optics,you generally get what you pay for. IOW, you pay $49. for a scope in a blister pack and you will most likely get $49.(or less)worth f scope. Also ... in the world of scopes beware of the word "tactical". Same as "new and better".

You should in the least,step up to a Redfield. (OK ..... opinion.) SAWMAN

Last edited:

Don357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To late to cancel, has already shipped. But I'm willing to pay shipping if you really want to give those scopes away. PM me for details.

And as for Tasco, I love 'em. Have a 3-9x44 World Class Plus on a .308 Stevens model 200, and a 3-9x32 Pronghorn on my .22 Tula TOZ 78. Just couldn't find one like I want for CETME.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    no Don, if you are already getting one you will soon see why I don't want mine, how in time they will not hold zero and can't sight it so you don't need 2 failed scopes. That is the reason I cannot in good faith sell them. I had them on a Sig 522 and a 6.8 carbine and they did not hold up...Good luck

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    While were on scopes how about a Simmons 4x32? . I do not have any experience with scopes and picked one of these up grouped in a trade for my 10/22. I know its on the lower cost spectrum but have any of you guys used or have experience with this scope?

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm no famous trainer but I do hold very affordable classes... while I don't own any budget optics per se, I constantly see students show up with the them and they generally fail in one way or another before the end of the 2-day class.

This holds true for red dots and magnified optics when used aggressively and/or in bad weather. I've seen them fall off the rifle, lenses fall out, turrets fall apart, cross hairs turn sideways, and failure to respond to corrective inputs.

While perhaps ok for a dedicated "range toy", it's money that could be better applied towards better optics.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    As frank has pointed out, they WONT hold a zero on anything over a 22lr.

The phrase Buy once cry once is the truth. I just recently got burned on an Aimpoint. It was supposed to be an Aimpoint comp M2. Well it was just a comp M. Aimpoint doesnt even service them anymore and im still working on getting my money refunded. I had to go to my credit card company to get it since eBay wouldn't refund me my money. The guy painted the red dot in an attempt to defraud the buyers. Not only it wasn't an M2, the elevation didn't even work. What a shitbag. Even after I explained to eBay customer service they wouldn't refund my money. This guy claims to be a vet. He has since took down all his "comp M2 listings after I flamed him. His website is: willsoptics.com. Site has a lot of high end optics including night vision and thermal.

Anyway, buy a quality optic out of the gate. If it seems too good to be true it usually is.

Doc

Top Bottom