Patriot Mobile

Navarre Walmart just rolled out the ammo cart!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wallymart stock on guns. When listed as In Stock: there are more in stock plus the guns on display. Limited stock: Stock depleted only display model (s) remain.
    Out of stock: Zero inventory will be reordered. Discontinued: Item will not be reordered at this time/store location.

Magnuskrans

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyway, I imagine a lot of the problem is that employees are just sick of dealing with it - having to answer the phone two dozen times each morning with the same questions and people lining up every morning. That's not their normal duties. Not in that magnitude.
    I also have no doubt that there are employees buying and re-selling but the manager should handle that.

Maybe they wouldn't have these problems if they would just put the damn ammo on the shelves when it comes in...ALL OF IT. Instead of playing games with it like they are and have been this whole time. They are tired of people asking for ammo? Imagine how tired all these people are of driving around and looking for the ammo and finding bare dusty shelves? I work at one of the busiest bars on the beach, I take care of more people in one day than these SG clowns see in a month! If I got pissed off because people asked for a miller lite every 5 seconds of every day of the summer (and they do!), I wouldn't have a job very long.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let's face it folks. We are expecting low wage people at Wallmart to look at a gold mine in front of them and not try to take advantage of it somehow. If I worked at Wallyworld, I would probably do the same thing. :eyebrows:

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wallymart stock on guns. When listed as In Stock: there are more in stock plus the guns on display. Limited stock: Stock depleted only display model (s) remain.
    Out of stock: Zero inventory will be reordered. Discontinued: Item will not be reordered at this time/store location.

Thanks Wildrider... good info. Sure will be glad when the Wmart near me (Hwy 29, Pens) gets some 9mm ammo in!!!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Brand new Wally located near Pier Park (intersection of 98 and PowellAdams Rd), Panama City Beach. Not open yet but from the outside it is complete. I do not know if it will stock guns and ammo. The other PCB Super-Wally just has ammo (normally). Anyone have the inside track on this one?

Captken

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A friend actually the councilwoman for that ward spoke to the manager the other day and was told that Simon was dictating much of what they stocked and did. Suppose to be a different Walmart than the rest. Subway will be the only vendor allowed with no eyeglass store, beauty salon or things like that. Would not surprise me if there was nothing stocked for hunting.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A friend actually the councilwoman for that ward spoke to the manager the other day and was told that Simon was dictating much of what they stocked and did. Suppose to be a different Walmart than the rest. Subway will be the only vendor allowed with no eyeglass store, beauty salon or things like that. Would not surprise me if there was nothing stocked for hunting.

Maybe no guns or ammo but bet your wallet they will have hard liquor sales. Wally on PCB (Thomas Dr.) actually kicked out the eyeglass vendor and now its own WALLYGLASSES.

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    HAHA.. This is funny..... Went on line to Wallyword.com and checked for my 223 and 9mm. it showed in stock at gulf breeze. I went in with the printed inventory sheet. None on shelf... Asked assc. Sam to check the telzon..... he tells me that they have none and he does not need to show me anything... after some talking he scans the bar code and tried to shield it. WOW 16 on hand... hahaha so can i please have my 3 boxes? "No its wrong it must be lost".... I asked for a manager talked to assistant manager Cheryl She tells me its not a conspiracy lol.. Not my words hers... She then said its probably on the truck that is being unloaded... I ask her to please check the department shipment log. each department can and does print this everyday. She tells me no that she has no access to it... lol a CSM can print it why not her? then she says i can but can not tell you what is on the truck. I then tell her same said it may be lost... she laughed and said its not there so it must be. it said wow we need to call ATF she then said it is my word against hers ummm nope....... Someone call Homeland security...lol.... they lost 16 100rd bricks of 223 and 25 100rd bricks of 9mm.... might be a hidden cell in the store..lol.. what jerks.. called 1800Walmart its being escalated to the regional and district manager.

ohh and funny thing is Whole convo was recorded... no calling me a liar

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    HAHA.. This is funny..... Went on line to Wallyword.com and checked for my 223 and 9mm. it showed in stock at gulf breeze. I went in with the printed inventory sheet. None on shelf... Asked assc. Sam to check the telzon..... he tells me that they have none and he does not need to show me anything... after some talking he scans the bar code and tried to shield it. WOW 16 on hand... hahaha so can i please have my 3 boxes? "No its wrong it must be lost".... I asked for a manager talked to assistant manager Cheryl She tells me its not a conspiracy lol.. Not my words hers... She then said its probably on the truck that is being unloaded... I ask her to please check the department shipment log. each department can and does print this everyday. She tells me no that she has no access to it... lol a CSM can print it why not her? then she says i can but can not tell you what is on the truck. I then tell her same said it may be lost... she laughed and said its not there so it must be. it said wow we need to call ATF she then said it is my word against hers ummm nope....... Someone call Homeland security...lol.... they lost 16 100rd bricks of 223 and 25 100rd bricks of 9mm.... might be a hidden cell in the store..lol.. what jerks.. called 1800Walmart its being escalated to the regional and district manager.

As the Queen of Hearts said: Off, Off with their heads!!!

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I wish I could say this surprises me... when I stopped in wmart near my house yesterday, they had several rifles and shotguns - hardly any ammo and no 9mm or other hg ammo. This just sucks!

Hubbyandwife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just left Blue Angel Walmart. Online it shows they have the Federal 100 round boxes of .223 in stock but of course I got the run around. I asked the CSM if I give him a upc # shouldn't he be able to put it into the computer and it will tell if it is in stock and how much is on hand. He hemmed and hawed and never would answer my question or take the upc number I'm staring at on the website where it states: Give this number to an associate to help find this item at your store. Said he didn't know anything about how the ammo was stored, stocked, and inventoried.

Nice customer service huh? To add insult to injury as I'm walking away he starts talking to another associate about how he wants a kel-tec KSG Shotgun, goes on to describe it and it's features in detail and how hard they are to come by and how much over retail they go for on Auction sites. So I'm supposed to believe a guy who knows what a Kel-Tec KSG is and the current market for it has no clue about the ammo situation at this store.

Got home and called to ask to speak to the night manager in charge. Was told her name but they had not seen her around in a while. I know you can't expect much for 7.50 an hour but dang. I then get a "shift manager" to whom I pose this question very politely. Yes M'aam if I'm looking at an item on-line and it has a UPC # would you be able to look it up and tell me if it is in stock. It's showing in stock and I just want to make sure it's there before I drive over. She proceeds to tell me yes of course she can give me that info and ask for the UPC number. I give her the number and then she ask for the product description. I tell her it's federal .223 ammo and am immediately put on hold. She comes back and tells me the item is not even sold at their store. I say that's strange because I have purchased it their many times before. She proceeds to tell me that it must have been discontinued to which I ask why does it show in stock for this store on-line when it was showing out of stock yesterday.

More BS and no resolution. I now firmly believe the overnight employees are buying this up and it's never seeing the shelf and the managers are in on it. It will show out of stock as soon as the last box is purchased by an employee no doubt. I do not for one second believe that the biggest retailer in the world doesn't have an accurate inventory system that lets them know exactly where and how much of an item is in their store and that it updates real-time with the on-line inventory available to customers.

Find out who the GM is, or who the district is and talk to them about your situation....that should resolve any problem. You can always threaten to go their heads ....usually always works. No more run around

bayonet_53

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last edited:

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nice going...I use to work at Welmart part time in the late 90's...calling the 1-800 # with names, dates is a big help...good luck, hope it all works out and this mgr get her a$$ handed to her. Just be polite to the corporate types...

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been in foley for almost 3 months and they have never han any on the shelf when I was there. One man said you have to get there early and they used to get the 420 round cans in but not much any more. The other ahole says they NEVER get any.223. Go figure. Congrats on recording. Hope it gets someones ass in a sling

Ranger19

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went into Blue Angel Wal Mart @ 0800 there were three employees leaving the store from the night shift and each had a bag with three bulk pack's of 22lr.
    went to the sporting goods area and asked if they had any bulk 22lr. was told they had not had any in weeek's. There were 8 50 round boxe's on the
    shelf. I asked for three and while I was paying for them another employee came up and took a bag from under the counter that had three bulk
    pack's of 22lr in it. I guess I can't complain as that is one of the perk's.

Magnuskrans

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I asked for a manager talked to assistant manager Cheryl She tells me its not a conspiracy lol.. Not my words hers...

See I find this very insulting, by saying that she is implying that your behavior is somehow odd or off the mark instead of her own employees. Should have told her "You're right, It's not a conspiracy...It's a well known and documented problem at Walmarts all over the country!"

Stay strong my friends!

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I don't have a problem with employees getting their 3 boxes of ammo per day. One of the few perks of working there I'm sure. Now, if they are not putting what is left on the shelves or otherwise somehow manipulating the stock, the manager needs to fix that.

Captken

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wildrider666, if you check on the website, they now have the Walmart on the Parkway listed and it will have ammo. Not showing anything in stock but then it doesn't open until 3/13

snakeplt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Honestly you can still get .223 at sportsmansguide.com for pre-stupid prices. The only stipulation is that it will be on backorder. There is alot of gouging going on but you can't blame those that gouge because there is a huge audience buying it up at the "new" prices. 1000 rounds of .223 for $700-$900 ?!? Really ? $50 for 375 rounds of .22 ?!? I am a capitalist so I have no problem with supply and demand pricing, but I think folks might want to research their options. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Honestly you can still get .223 at sportsmansguide.com for pre-stupid prices. The only stipulation is that it will be on backorder. There is alot of gouging going on but you can't blame those that gouge because there is a huge audience buying it up at the "new" prices. 1000 rounds of .223 for $700-$900 ?!? Really ? $50 for 375 rounds of .22 ?!? I am a capitalist so I have no problem with supply and demand pricing, but I think folks might want to research their options. Just sayin'.

You can't put the ammo in your cart and actually purchase it even under backordered status. All of it just has the option to be notified when in stock. It also has a big disclaimer saying their distributors may raise the price at any moment and prices are subject to change. The only viable option I have seen for getting any decent amount quantity of .223 at a good price is lucking up on the 100rd value packs of federal at wal-mart or loading your own.

Top Bottom