• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last weekend I finally was able to get back to my "other" hobby, racing.

Due to many circumstances, I have been more away from it than I wanted over the last few years. But now with a newly rebuilt motor and many other new and repaired items I spent the weekend (in the heat) racing at the 2.21 mile road course at Homestead Speedway. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my go pro style video camera, so no good race videos.:(.
    But check out the gorgeous Lamborghini I shared the garage with.

20230812_162720.jpg

I never took a picture of it, but also in the garage was a beautiful black Lemans Prototype car. I was definitely drooling over both of them!

The best part of the weekend though was being able to go home with 2 of these for first place in my class!
    20230815_200830.jpg

Now I can't wait until the next time. But I'm definitely waiting until it cools off some. Probably Sebring in November.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Side hobby thread?

I. uh, paint ridiculously over priced plastic armies and fight them against other autists in multiple hour long wargaming sessions that follow arcane rules. Pls send help.
    I too have a hobby involving debating arcane rules with fellow autists - tabletop Dungeons & Dragons!

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I eat and I know things :)
    I'm a big book worm. Always reading.
    Knowledge is power.
    I have hundreds of books in my private library. It wasn't that long ago that the printed word was considered treasure worth more than gold. Let the Tsar Bomba's fall and see what happens... in less than one generation without modern communications and electronics the world will be thrust back to the Dark Ages. Books will be all we have to help the 10% of the population who do survive the nuclear winter be informed of how to rebuild, establish agriculture, commerce, healthcare and industry. All you guys spending thousands of dollars on guns, ammo, storable food and toilet paper need to invest in books too... for what comes afterwards

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230818-010832.png
      Screenshot_20230818-010832.png
      1.2 MB · Views: 29
    Last edited:

Viper0hr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nice rides! I have a local friend whose huge into the racing scene with photos and meets.
    I used to collect vintage video games, and planned on opening a store in town but have never been able to find a commercial space that works.
    Haven't actively collected in a few years but still love having it to look at haha.
    20210419_130817.jpg

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nice rides! I have a local friend whose huge into the racing scene with photos and meets.
    I used to collect vintage video games, and planned on opening a store in town but have never been able to find a commercial space that works.
    Haven't actively collected in a few years but still love having it to look at haha. View attachment 237943
    I'm jelly af tbh fam

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's one from my other, other hobby, photography. Saw this on Saturday as we were leaving the track and had to stop for the picture. This was with my phone, I can't believe how good the cameras on the newer Samsung Note phones are. Almost makes me wonder why I have thousands of dollars' worth of other camera equipment!
    3.jpg

Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Side hobby thread?

I. uh, paint ridiculously over priced plastic armies and fight them against other autists in multiple hour long wargaming sessions that follow arcane rules. Pls send help.
    Ever consider playing something besides 40k? I'm waiting for the new rulebook but I'd like to get back into miniature gaming and put together a small HEAT/Way of the Gun style tabletop campaign focusing on cops/robbers action using the Spectre Operations rules (they look great for modern small unit action).
    Not my picture but an example of some of the miniatures in the Spectre range.

Attachments

• notmine.jpg
      notmine.jpg
      282.2 KB · Views: 28
    Top Bottom