• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Was specifically looking for a Ruger Blackhawk 4 5/8ths chambered in 41Mag. (as per my WTB thread)
    BUT - -> was notified by a forum friend that he knew of a 6" for sale. He stated the approx. condition and gave me the sellers phone numder. What was important to me is my friend vouched for the seller.
    I immediately called the gentleman,was at his house in about an hour and a half (was aways off) and purchased the pistol at an EXTREMELY good price. It also came with two bxs of factory ammo.
    Gave it a through cleaning and slight lube this AM and here she is. This pistol was by far the cleanest weapon that i have ever bought from anyone. PERIOD !! I know that it is not exactly what I was looking for,however it feels good in the hand and brings back memories of the good old daze like I wanted.
    The pistol is in (easily) 95% condition. The trigger breaks at exactly 4lbs with almost no creep. The pistol is all origional including the grips which were important to me. The older grips turn dark with age.This pistol is not a 3 screw which i did not want. Nowdays - -> i am a shooter and not a collector.
    Now - -> not knowing exactly where to insert this,i will just leave it here. The gentleman that I bought this pistol from is a forum member. He has a great machine shop. He is a JJ "trainee". He is a veteran. He knows guns and gunsmithing already but is in the process of getting the final polish by JJ.
    I will not "out" this member because I have the feeling that he is content with staying in the shadows ... at least for now.
    I will just say that he is a man that could do gun work for me anytyime and is a real joy to talk to. Hopefully we can do buisness in the future.
    I will respectfully call him - -> "JJ #2". ---- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Can anyone tell me of a website that will give you the manufactured day of this RUGER pistol.
    20211012_070416.jpg
    20211012_070349.jpg
    20211012_070139.jpg

Much appreciated.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thank you James.
    Looks like it was made about the middle of '79.
    I went to the Ruger site and entered the serno but nothing came up. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: My serno is 41-258XX. Thanks again.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Looking now at hardcast heavys.
    Possibly Cast Performance (if available).
    If not that ... any ol' Horn XTP. --- SAWMAN

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    79? Looks like it was made in 99 lol. That thing must have been tucked away in a tomb.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Beautiful gun TJ. Will hunt with it but damn near TOO pretty.
    Can't find the hardcast that i want so looking at XTP's or a all copper like a Barnes.
    Finding bullets in stock is the hard part.
    No workers equals no bullets. --- SAWMAN

ammodave

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got a 5 1/2" that I converted to a Bisley grip frame (easy reversible mod) that I find much more comfortable to shoot with my girly hands.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yes sir. Been wanting another since I sold my 4 5/8'ths for "beer money" waaaaaay back when.
    Read a great artical about the chambering about a week ago. Can be loaded (in select guns) up very close to the 44Mag energy levels ... BUT ... with the right bullet,given the sectional density,actually surpasses the (most/some) 44Mag loads in kill'ability.
    Every gun has its purpose. If invited to a big hog hunt I would naturally take a 454Casull. HOWEVER - - -> ??? - - -> from a high pressure capable 41Mag,a WFNGC (hardcast) weighing 210-250gr to the hogs shoulder and ..... ??? --- SAWMAN

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    When I dogged hogs I used a 5.5" Redhawk in .44MAG. Been lightly looking for a 5.5" in .41 and a matching rifle like I have in .44MAG.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A 16" lever gun in 41Mag would sell to me.
    ESPECIALLY if you could load down the end of the mag tube and did not have to use that damn loading gate. (Ever try that with gloves on ??) Like my old LSI/Rossi.
    I will try to find that artical on the 41 and link it somehow. --- SAWMAN

Gunsite

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have taken many deer and hogs with my S&W model 57 8 3/8" using 210 grain hardcast with alot of linotype. I even took down a 210lb hog running fast and low at 30 yds, one to the shoulder and then one to the skull to stop the squealing.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yes sir. Been wanting another since I sold my 4 5/8'ths for "beer money" waaaaaay back when.
    Read a great artical about the chambering about a week ago. Can be loaded (in select guns) up very close to the 44Mag energy levels ... BUT ... with the right bullet,given the sectional density,actually surpasses the (most/some) 44Mag loads in kill'ability.
    Every gun has its purpose. If invited to a big hog hunt I would naturally take a 454Casull. HOWEVER - - -> ??? - - -> from a high pressure capable 41Mag,a WFNGC (hardcast) weighing 210-250gr to the hogs shoulder and ..... ??? --- SAWMAN
    Maybe Bruce can cast ya some??

Top Bottom