• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Try'n Hard

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kinda sucks lol. So tell me whats wrong. I have a Ruger mk ll that I can shoot the eyes outta flies with. The rest of my pistols, i’m terrible - 9mm 938 sig , .357 King Cobra, .45 colt commander. I have a feeling that I’m flinching with the calibers that kick. Any tricks, tips, or if you just wanna make fun of me that’s ok also

BowChamp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Kinda sucks lol. So tell me whats wrong. I have a Ruger mk ll that I can shoot the eyes outta flies with. The rest of my pistols, i’m terrible - 9mm 938 sig , .357 King Cobra, .45 colt commander. I have a feeling that I’m flinching with the calibers that kick. Any tricks, tips, or if you just wanna make fun of me that’s ok also
    Have a friend load your mags and put a dummy round in them randomly, while you are shooting. You will be the first to see how bad your flinch is.

LoyalLion

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I aimed a little right at first... Had a friend that made me dry fire a lot with him till I got muscle memory better. Im not great, but can usually hit center mass at 10 yards with any of my pistols.

Speaking of which, it sounds like you have a lot of different types. May just focus on the the one you carry/ use most. Changing between hammer and striker fire has always challenging for me.

Redleg155

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Might be you...likely. Might not be you, just as likely.. As previously said, have someone old dummy rounds for you. Any while you have someone there, have the individual fire your weapon.

The weapon/ ammo combination could be off and may need to be tweaked.

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    pull the trigger straight back. Find the point on your finger pad that does that and keep the same exact grip. Different for every gun because of grip size, angle. Usually shooting left is too little of the finger on the trigger and pushing the gun left. Shooting right is too much finger pulling the gun right.

Last edited:

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The center fires probably have a heavier trigger pull than the .22. Might dry fire with them until you cannot detect sight movement when the hammer falls. Then put a red dot on one of them and dry fire it until the dot doesn't jerk when the hammer falls.

Will take about 2 years.

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    The web of the hand between the thumb and index finger has markings on it that can be used to “index” the middle of the back of the grip. It helped me with consistent pistol shooting. Cheesy trick but it works for me to get the same grip every time. try different points until you aim the gun and the sight picture is automatic.

Last edited:

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The center fires probably have a heavier trigger pull than the .22. Might dry fire with them until you cannot detect sight movement when the hammer falls. Then put a red dot on one of them and dry fire it until the dot doesn't jerk when the hammer falls.

Will take about 2 years.
    My grandfather used to have me aim at a wall and put a spent case on top of the slide near the front sight until I could dry fire without knocking the case off.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You already have a good tool to diagnose and fix. A revolver. Drop a round in the cylinder, spin and close.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    One way to mentally know that you are the 1\3 of the puzzle making your pistol be inaccurate is to get very comfortable and rest your pistol on a bag. It will "hide" a lot of your problems making inaccurate shots. Run thru a cylinder or magazine. You will probably notice a lot tighter groups and better shot placement. That will take the other 2\3s out of the equation, gun & ammo being consistent. Once you realize it is you making the bad shots and not the gun or ammo sell me that king cobra.
    I've heard a lot of people say how inaccurate their pistol is when it is really not. Especially when you get into the big recoil or tiny pocket size pistols. It is 99% our mistakes. Those smaller pistols magnify all of our bad habbits. Correct them from there.
    Another way is with a pistol that has a laser equipped. Even a cheap laser will work. Laser on, make sure unloaded, point in safe direction, at wall and dry fire. It will show you where you are going wrong. Then sell me that Colt

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom